List Mgmt. Official 2024 List Management News

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Given there is a lot of chat about how our list management should pan out at seasons end I thought it would be helpful to have a thread dedicated to Official List Management News.

I've created a sheet that shows the contract status of every player, including whether they are non free agent, restricted free agent or unrestricted free agents when they next come out of contract.

As we start to re-sign players for 2025 and beyond this thread will be updated so that it's easy to keep track of who has been signed and yet to re-sign. I will also endeavor to include news regarding contact talk, that is reported by credible sources like Herald Sun/The Age/AFL/SEN/Code Sports/TV Shows. Yes I'm well aware not many of them are considered credible, but you get what I mean.

Last edited:
Richmond forward Rhyan Mansell has extended his time at the Club for a further two years, signing a contract extension until the end of 2026.

Mansell has played 41 games for Richmond since joining ahead of the 2021 AFL season.

iaCme1iR.jpg

01:45
Just now

'Looking forward to being a part of the future' - Mansell​

Rhyan Mansell speaks with Richmond Media following the news he has signed a two year contract extension.
The energetic forward had a long road into the AFL, missing out in two years of National and Rookie Drafts before earning his chance via the Supplementary Selection Period.

Mansell who won four consecutive state league premierships with North Launceston (three) and Woodville-West Torrens (once-SANFL), was used primarily as a defender when he first arrived at the Club before settling into a forward role.

01RiCa23DP714376442.JPG

The 23-year-old had an outstanding pre-season this year before an ankle injury meant he missed Opening Round.

The Tasmanian has averaged 10.7 disposals and three tackles per game in 2024, booting six goals. He is the #1 player at Richmond for Goal Assists.

Mansell said he was “rapt” to put pen to paper.

“I am grateful for the opportunity to play another two years at Richmond and looking forward to having the chance to build on what I’ve been able to do the past four years,” he added.

“It is exciting to be a part of the future for Richmond.”

08RiFr24DP048771241.jpg

Richmond General Manager, Football Talent Blair Hartley said Mansell thoroughly deserved the contract extension.

“Rhyan has worked hard across the past four years to continually improve his game and establish himself in the team,” he said.

“His teammates love playing with him, and he puts in a lot of time behind the scenes. We look forward to him continuing this across the next couple of years.”

Last edited:
Richmond has used its first selection in the 2023 Mid-Season Rookie Draft (pick No. 2) to recruit intercepting defender Jacob Blight from Peel Thunder.

Recruited from: Peel Thunder
Position: Intercepting defender
Height:
196cm
DOB: 14/12/2001

lgC6yHdw.png

01:14
Just now

Mid-Season Rookie Draft: Jacob Blight​

Jacob Blight from Peel Thunder has been drafted to the Tigers during the 2024 Mid-Season Rookie Draft.
What the Richmond recruiters say about Blight...

"He’s a consistent, competitive player whose strength lies in his defensive and aerial game. He recently had a strong performance in the WAFL v SANFL State Game at Optus Stadium, in which he took seven intercept marks and had 17 disposals. He is a super professional character, who has worked extremely hard to continue to improve and develop, and we are extremely delighted to give him this opportunity."

Richmond has used its second selection in the 2023 Mid-Season Rookie Draft (pick No. 16) to recruit key position utility Campbell Gray from Essendon VFL.

Recruited from: Essendon VFL
Position: Key position utility
Height: 195cm
DOB: 1/8/03

What the Richmond recruiters say about Gray...

"Campbell has played every game for Essendon VFL in 2024, as a key position utility, spending time in defence, forward and ruck. He is a versatile, competitive key position player who is strong in the air and has excellent recovery and intent at ground level. He is an extremely likeable and hardworking character, currently a fourth year apprentice electrician whilst balancing VFL commitments."

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back