Not open for further replies.

Merv

<b>Resident Mongrel</b>
10k Posts
Jun 24, 2006
The start of a new era
AFL Club
Essendon
The last thread reached the cut off limit of 1000 posts.

Of course it will be mainly talk of Liverpool as we take our rightful place as the powerhouse of English soccer :D

yeah, nah. Man U to kickstart the new season and go Undefeted in the campaign :D. starters:
------------------Van Der Sar-----------------
Neville-----------Vidic-----Ferdinand-------Evra
Ronaldo--------Scholes---Hargreaves-----Giggs
---------------Rooney----Tevez--------------

Bench: Kuzchack(spelling), Brown(HACK!), Ando, Nani, Saha. Brown the bloody hack will get a game ahead Pique, Park will come onto the bench when Ronaldo leaves for Madrid with Nani going to RM and Saha is on his last legs unfortunately.

yeah, nah. Man U to kickstart the new season and go Undefeted in the campaign :D. starters:
------------------Van Der Sar-----------------
Neville-----------Vidic-----Ferdinand-------Evra
Ronaldo--------Scholes---Hargreaves-----Giggs
---------------Rooney----Tevez--------------

Bench: Kuzchack(spelling), Brown(HACK!), Ando, Nani, Saha. Brown the bloody hack will get a game ahead Pique, Park will come onto the bench when Ronaldo leaves for Madrid with Nani going to RM and Saha is on his last legs unfortunately.

Especially since he's gone to Barca;)

Possible Lineup for Liverpool.

----------Reina-----------
------Carra---Agger------
Arbeloa-----------Dossena
-----Monster-Masch-------

Babel-----Gerrard----Barry
------Torres---Keane-----

Looking good IMO.

Possible Lineup for Liverpool.

----------Reina-----------
------Carra---Agger------
Arbeloa-----------Dossena
-----Monster-Masch-------

Babel-----Gerrard----Barry
------Torres---Keane-----

Looking good IMO.

That team looks good. I'm worried about our RB position, which on paper is a bit of a weakness.
Arbeloa is just ok, doesn't offer that much going forward and Degen is a bit of unknown. I'd be tempted to put Carra in as RB and Skrtel in as a CB.

Keane and Torres are going to be a deadly combination. :D

That team looks good. I'm worried about our RB position, which on paper is a bit of a weakness.
Arbeloa is just ok, doesn't offer that much going forward and Degen is a bit of unknown. I'd be tempted to put Carra in as RB and Skrtel in as a CB.

Keane and Torres are going to be a deadly combination. :D

Agree. If we sign Barry and a quality right-back I'll be very happy.

Keane and Torres > Rooney and Tevez > Adebayor and Van Persie > Drogba and ...:eek:

MARTIN O’NEILL has dramatically admitted defeat in his attempt to keep Gareth Barry.

The Aston Villa boss has been forced into an embarrassing climbdown just days after announcing that his captain and prized asset was going nowhere.

The Midlands club set a 5pm deadline on Wednesday for Liverpool to confirm they could meet O’Neill’s £18million asking price for Barry.

But Villa gave up any hope of keeping the England international when his agent Alex Black revealed the next morning he still expected Liverpool to do the deal.

O’Neill said: “It’s now as clear as daylight that Gareth will go. We felt we had this agreement yet when that deadline passed it didn’t seem to exist.
Saga

“The following morning Gareth and his agent came in to say they still felt Liverpool could do the deal.

“I gave it some thought and realised there is little point in pretending. Gareth wants to join Liverpool, therefore there will be no deadline.”

O’Neill has been fighting to keep Barry all summer and said he would only leave if Rafa Benitez could find the £18m fee. And the Villa boss could not resist one final dig at the Reds as the saga finally looked to be reaching an end.

He said: “Liverpool have all the time in the world to raise the money.

“They have been able to find money for another player who wasn’t in their thoughts four months ago.

“So that’s it. It is up to Liverpool, Gareth and his agent now.

“The ball is firmly in Liverpool’s court. I’ve got to get on with things and go and manage a football club.”

Barry was named in the squad for yesterday's friendly at Reading but was left on the bench.

http://blogs.notw.co.uk/sport/2008/08/oneill-gives-up.html

O'Neill has done a massive back flip. Looks like Gareth will eventually find himself at Anfield. :thumbsu::)

Keane and Torres > Rooney and Tevez > Adebayor and Van Persie > Drogba and ...:eek:
Rooney and Tevez=Keane and Torres>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>all

Predicted Tables for the season anyone?

Here's mine.

1. Liverpool :D
2. Man U
3. Arsenal
4. Chelsea
5. Everton
6. Tottenham
7. Portsmouth
8. Blackburn
9. Sunderland
10. Man City
11. Aston Villa
12. Newcastle
13. West Ham
14. Middlesborough
15. Wigan
16. Stoke
17. Fulham
18. Bolton
19. Hull
20. West Brom

Veeeeeery speculative.

No guarantees we'll get Barry though - we need to better our offer - and the deal is no closer to being agreed on.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Predicted Ladder:

1. Man Utd
2. Chelsea
3. Liverpool
4. Arsenal

5. Tottenham
6. Everton
7. Portsmouth
8. Man City
9. Aston Villa
10. Newcastle
11. Blackburn
12. Sunderland
13. West Ham
14. Fulham
15. Bolton
16. West Brom
17. Wigan

18. Middlesborough
19. Hull
20. Stoke

Naturally, done with a fair chunk of bias, but I picked the top 4 in order, and was decent with the rest of it last season. So:

1. Arsenal
2. Chelsea
3. Manchester United
4. Liverpool
5. Everton
6. Manchester City
7. Aston Villa
8. Portsmouth
9. Blackburn Rovers
10. West Ham United
11. Newcastle United
12. Tottenham Hotspur
13. Sunderland
14. Wigan
15. West Bromwich Albion
16. Middlesbrough
17. Bolton Wanderers
18. Fulham
19. Hull City
20. Stoke City

Let's hope so, anyway:D

1. Man U
2. Gunners
3. Chelski
4. Everton
5. Liverpool
6. Pompey
7. Aston Villa
8. Man City
9. Blackburn Rovers
10. West Ham United
11. Newcastle United
12. Tottenham Hotspur
13. Sunderland
14. Middlesborough
15. WBA
16. Fulham
17. Bolton Wanderers
18. Wigan
19. Hull City
20. Stoke City

I would rather we kept alonso, just as good if not better than Barry.

Alonso was very good against Glasgow on the weekend. Back to his best.

Plaing Valarenga tonight. Hoping for a rout.

Arsenal won a friendly 10-2. :eek: Bendtner with 4(I think). :eek::eek::eek:

The last two have Spurs at 12? Keen... I reckon they'll have a big crack this year...

The word I bolded is the answer.

They've lost all of their goals in Keane, Defoe and Berbatov to leave. They'll struggle.

Players like Arshavin and Modric are signing for Sp*rs because no-one else wants them.

We were playing a pub team.

Bendtner scored 4, Vela 3, Wilshere (watch that name in a few years' time) 2.

Although, Bendtner, despite not being a starter this season, should improve his output. I have very high hopes for the lad, and he's one of my favourites.

If he gets enough opportunities, look for 8-15 goals in all comps.

Some pretty good goals in that lot. Bendter scored an absolute screamer...

[YOUTUBE]<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/0QO0lYrlRyQ&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/0QO0lYrlRyQ&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>[/YOUTUBE]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back