Official GVFL thread (part 1)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Official GVFL thread

patty rattray is a gun... played in one of their flags and has spent the last couple of yrs at barooga but has had a few injuries

Meat-Tray is a good player when he is in the right frame of mind, but there is a massive gap between his best and worst footy. Played in the 2005 flag for Seymour, then went to Bendigo Bombers in '06. Things didn't work out for him footy wise, but he did manage to set up a white goods retail outlet from his flat. Played bugger all footy that year.

Went to Barooga in '07 where he was over-rated and over-paid. Would not have even played 5 games for them when he was asked to leave.

Has headed to South Cairns for this year, and will feel some pressure as he hasn't fired a shot in his past 2 clubs. I wish him all the best, but he will need to concentrate on getting a kick first, and then build his season from there.

Sheepy Cockerell's best footy would be behind him, but you know he will give you everything when he's out on the field. Solid, good mark and kick, but has slowed over the years. Absolute champion bloke who will be a great clubman for South Cairns.:thumbsu:

saad has left cwood and will play at seymour
rumour has it that ''footy luver'' is also following saad back up the highway to the lions den for his 110th season. i hope with his photo shoots for a mens plastic surgery magazine and his love interest, the ''DUFFMAN'' close by his side,that neither of these 2 interest's will effect seymours chances for 4 in a row

Rovers too strong for Magpies

Wednesday, 12 March 2008

Euroa Football Netball Club

Game 2 of the night series was played last Saturday night when Euroa played host to Wangaratta Rovers.

A good crowd enjoyed three games in warm conditions. The senior game was a great spectacle with the Rovers running out comfortable winners. Euroa coach David Putamorsi was enthusiastic about the Magpies first practice match and is looking forward to their next game against Benalla on Easter Saturday when ten senior players are expected to make their first appearance for the year.

Round 3 of the night series next Saturday will see Wangaratta Rovers play Bundoora at the Euroa Results: Euroa v Wangaratta Rovers

Final score:

Euroa 10.7-67 Wang Rovers 18.12-120

Euroa best players: S Ruane, Hayden Lamaro, Joe Vaz, Scott Meehan, Ash Hobbs, Craig Marshall.

Wang Rovers best players: Nigel Hill, Cade McDonald, Jesse Silver, Kark Norman, Kyle Raven, Pat Hicks.

Euroa goal kickers: H Lamaro 3, M Jansz 2, S Ruane 2, H Saville 1, M Ivill 1, J Vaz 1.

Wang Rovers goal kickers: J Silver 4, C McDonald 2, P Cristofaro 2, Z O'Brien 2, P Hicks 1, J Humphries 1, N Hill 1, A Noonan 1, A Hill 1, J Conroy 1, M O'Donhue 1, J Platfuss 1.

Agreed. We should've looked at players that are fair dinkum.

Saad is fitter than he has ever been, so he has been doing the hard yards maybe they could not settle on terms or maybe Collingwood decided he was not a good fit, why he did not stay is an unanswered question at this piont.

Rovers too strong for Magpies

Wednesday, 12 March 2008

Euroa Football Netball Club

Game 2 of the night series was played last Saturday night when Euroa played host to Wangaratta Rovers.

A good crowd enjoyed three games in warm conditions. The senior game was a great spectacle with the Rovers running out comfortable winners. Euroa coach David Putamorsi was enthusiastic about the Magpies first practice match and is looking forward to their next game against Benalla on Easter Saturday when ten senior players are expected to make their first appearance for the year.

Round 3 of the night series next Saturday will see Wangaratta Rovers play Bundoora at the Euroa Results: Euroa v Wangaratta Rovers

Final score:

Euroa 10.7-67 Wang Rovers 18.12-120

Euroa best players: S Ruane, Hayden Lamaro, Joe Vaz, Scott Meehan, Ash Hobbs, Craig Marshall.

Wang Rovers best players: Nigel Hill, Cade McDonald, Jesse Silver, Kark Norman, Kyle Raven, Pat Hicks.

Euroa goal kickers: H Lamaro 3, M Jansz 2, S Ruane 2, H Saville 1, M Ivill 1, J Vaz 1.

Wang Rovers goal kickers: J Silver 4, C McDonald 2, P Cristofaro 2, Z O'Brien 2, P Hicks 1, J Humphries 1, N Hill 1, A Noonan 1, A Hill 1, J Conroy 1, M O'Donhue 1, J Platfuss 1.

What time does it start "BOSS"?:thumbsu:

Looks like Lions firming for flag favourites again?
Seymour $1.50
Swans $3.00
Mansfield $5.00
Rochester $8.00
Benalla $15.00
Mooroopna $18.00
Kyabram $21.00
Echuca $25.00
United $30.00
Euroa $35.00
Tatura $100.00
Shepp $200.00

Where are these odds from??? The Seymour website! If its from a real betting site i wouldn't mind putting some money on a few clubs Whoever did them has obvously no idea about GV Football. Mansfield, Rochy and Benella in front of Mooroopna?

Where are these odds from??? The Seymour website! If its from a real betting site i wouldn't mind putting some money on a few clubs Whoever did them has obvously no idea about GV Football. Mansfield, Rochy and Benella in front of Mooroopna?

Mooroopna should be at big odds. They have recruited well in past seasons and done nothing. In horse racing parlance if they continually flash home but dont win their odds increase not decrease.
I reckon Seymour and Swans are still the teams to beat so its a matter of catching up to them first before you can pull the whip and run past them.

Seymour were miles too good for anyone else last year, whats happened to make that change since then? I can't see anyone significantly closing that gap yet.

Seymour were miles too good for anyone else last year, whats happened to make that change since then? I can't see anyone significantly closing that gap yet.
Last I saw of the transfer list Swans had recruited more than a handful of very good senior players while there was very little change for Seymour. So these two teams should be very even, maybe Swannies to be ahead a bit at this stage.

Speaking of the transfer lists, can anyone tell me what happend to the GVFL website? Whenever I go to the site I seem to be directed to the VCFL site and cant find the GVFL transfer list.

Speaking of the transfer lists, can anyone tell me what happend to the GVFL website? Whenever I go to the site I seem to be directed to the VCFL site and cant find the GVFL transfer list.

I noticed that yesterday. Maybe the GV didn't pay their bill.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Last I saw of the transfer list Swans had recruited more than a handful of very good senior players while there was very little change for Seymour. So these two teams should be very even, maybe Swannies to be ahead a bit at this stage.

How do you know there will be very little change at Seymour, someone will lob up. Rachelle and Looby will be huge losses too! The 2 best players in the finals series.

How do you know there will be very little change at Seymour, someone will lob up. Rachelle and Looby will be huge losses too! The 2 best players in the finals series.

There are some very good recruits to fill their shoes and some young fellas will step up.

you will all see i different swans outfit running around this year!

Ladder Prediction

Seymour
Maintained the majority of the team that has won three flags in a row, without losing much. Will be there at the pointy end of the season.

Shepparton Swans
Realistically the only team that will challenge Seymour. Gained Aloi, Hebbard, the Best brothers, Carroll and Looby; but have lost Tim Looby and Rachelle.

Mooroopna
Disappointing last season, finishing eighth. Got three handy players from Heidelberg – Dean, Lee, Waelan – as well as some handy local talent such as Lowe, Cowman and Lynch. Also got a couple from Melbourne.

Lost Norman, Aloi, Hall and Robbins, but should make the finals.

Mansfield
Have gone about their off-season business quietly. Picked up five players from decent leagues, but I don’t know anything about them. Have lost the Hotton brothers and a couple of others.

Mansfield are the real unknown quantity for mine, but I do think they’ll play finals.

Rochester
Have picked up a few handy players; Collins, O’Brien, Deuscher, Perry, Givney and Rasmussen. Also have Matt Letcher back from injury. Ben Anderson and Chris McCarty are overseas, but may return half way through the season.

Have lost champion Heath Aitken and handy youngsters Montague, Knight and Tuohey.

Would be aiming for a finals spot.

Shepparton United
United finished on top of the ladder after the home and away season, but was bundled out in the preliminary final. Haven’t really picked up any big names, but lost Hueston, Steve Hazelman, Barlow, Briggs, Hatherall, Koullas, Davies, Round and Sutherland; all senior players.

Could struggle, but still have quality players. Should sneak into the finals.

Echuca
A lot of talk emanated from Echuca at the end of last year, but little eventuated. Archard decided to stay in the SANFL, as did some of their others touted to come back from Melbourne or interstate. I think I read that Guy Campbell is back playing with Echuca now too.

Have lost Edgar, Maddox, Byrne and Campbell. Made the finals last year, but is under real pressure to maintain their place in 2008.

Benalla
News out of Benalla has been pretty limited. Matt Sharp and Michael Stevens come back to the club and Ricky Symes has returned to full fitness. However, the Saints have lost Ricky Joyce and Aumann. Still have a very good forward line with McKenzie, McKean and a fit Symes.

Might just miss the finals, but could do anything.

Euroa
Finished fourth this year, but have lost some talent; Clayton, Hyatt and King without picking up any big names.

Could be a long year for new coach Putamorsie, but he still has plenty of talent to work with.

Kyabram
New coach David Williams will have a massive challenge on his hands as he attempts to resurrect a failing Kyabram outfit. Singh, Hanson and Withers should be handy, but they have also lost Burnett, Thomson, Hunter and Finn (I think).

Another season down the bottom beckons for Ky.

Shepparton
Gained a couple of handy players, but have lost heaps. Saunders, Jacques, Taylor, Shadbolt, O’Brien, the Cullinan and Chapman brothers, Richardson, Dickinson, Foley and Shiels all played senior footy, but will be playing with different teams this season.

Very long year ahead.

Tatura
Coach Noble has been replaced before the season begins. Picked up Isailovic, Sean Charles and Pollard, but lost Looby, Little, Coe and Anderson.

Probable wooden spooners.

There are some very good recruits to fill their shoes and some young fellas will step up.

you will all see i different swans outfit running around this year!

Do you have names of recruits? Swans thirds weren't too good last year were they...surely there can't be many young ones coming through? Seymour thirds won the flag, surely their younger players would offer more than the swans thirds would?

Bradrowe. You stated Hebbard in Swans recruits. Ky have picked Delideo. Cats Hockey, Warnett. Benalla Saker possibly or has he moved?

Also swans have picked up a small on baller? Could be mentioned, forgot the name though?

Ladder Prediction

Seymour
Maintained the majority of the team that has won three flags in a row, without losing much. Will be there at the pointy end of the season.

Shepparton Swans
Realistically the only team that will challenge Seymour. Gained Aloi, Hebbard, the Best brothers, Carroll and Looby; but have lost Tim Looby and Rachelle.

Mooroopna
Disappointing last season, finishing eighth. Got three handy players from Heidelberg – Dean, Lee, Waelan – as well as some handy local talent such as Lowe, Cowman and Lynch. Also got a couple from Melbourne.

Lost Norman, Aloi, Hall and Robbins, but should make the finals.

Mansfield
Have gone about their off-season business quietly. Picked up five players from decent leagues, but I don’t know anything about them. Have lost the Hotton brothers and a couple of others.

Mansfield are the real unknown quantity for mine, but I do think they’ll play finals.

Rochester
Have picked up a few handy players; Collins, O’Brien, Deuscher, Perry, Givney and Rasmussen. Also have Matt Letcher back from injury. Ben Anderson and Chris McCarty are overseas, but may return half way through the season.

Have lost champion Heath Aitken and handy youngsters Montague, Knight and Tuohey.

Would be aiming for a finals spot.

Shepparton United
United finished on top of the ladder after the home and away season, but was bundled out in the preliminary final. Haven’t really picked up any big names, but lost Hueston, Steve Hazelman, Barlow, Briggs, Hatherall, Koullas, Davies, Round and Sutherland; all senior players.

Could struggle, but still have quality players. Should sneak into the finals.

Echuca
A lot of talk emanated from Echuca at the end of last year, but little eventuated. Archard decided to stay in the SANFL, as did some of their others touted to come back from Melbourne or interstate. I think I read that Guy Campbell is back playing with Echuca now too.

Have lost Edgar, Maddox, Byrne and Campbell. Made the finals last year, but is under real pressure to maintain their place in 2008.

Benalla
News out of Benalla has been pretty limited. Matt Sharp and Michael Stevens come back to the club and Ricky Symes has returned to full fitness. However, the Saints have lost Ricky Joyce and Aumann. Still have a very good forward line with McKenzie, McKean and a fit Symes.

Might just miss the finals, but could do anything.

Euroa
Finished fourth this year, but have lost some talent; Clayton, Hyatt and King without picking up any big names.

Could be a long year for new coach Putamorsie, but he still has plenty of talent to work with.

Kyabram
New coach David Williams will have a massive challenge on his hands as he attempts to resurrect a failing Kyabram outfit. Singh, Hanson and Withers should be handy, but they have also lost Burnett, Thomson, Hunter and Finn (I think).

Another season down the bottom beckons for Ky.

Shepparton
Gained a couple of handy players, but have lost heaps. Saunders, Jacques, Taylor, Shadbolt, O’Brien, the Cullinan and Chapman brothers, Richardson, Dickinson, Foley and Shiels all played senior footy, but will be playing with different teams this season.

Very long year ahead.

Tatura
Coach Noble has been replaced before the season begins. Picked up Isailovic, Sean Charles and Pollard, but lost Looby, Little, Coe and Anderson.

Probable wooden spooners.
Anything you dont know Brad?

Bradrowe. You stated Hebbard in Swans recruits. Ky have picked Delideo. Cats Hockey, Warnett. Benalla Saker possibly or has he moved?

Also swans have picked up a small on baller? Could be mentioned, forgot the name though?

I think Saker may be playing at Werribee, but I'm not 100% certain.

Yeah, a few fair transfers must not have been submitted to the league just yet. I wonder if there will be a mad rush or if that's all the big names already. I guess time will tell on that one.

Status
Not open for further replies.