Official Team Thread Official Team Thread: Northern Phoenix *2013*

Remove this Banner Ad

I was wondering what the hell was going on being tagged in an oppositions thread.

Thought I may be getting poached! :eek:

Alas happy to make a solid 50 opening, nice first hitout.

Yeah I was confused too, but practice matches are always good, I'm liking the idea of the tri-series that's being pushed in the Woodpeckers thread. It's basically us vs the Woodpeckers vs the Crocs in a T20 exhibition cup.

All we need is the go ahead from Claypigeon, I really like the idea.

On a personal note: I'm a hack. :thumbsdown:

T20 is my kind of set up. I'm to pasty to spend all summer at the crease in the sun, I'll be more red than any thin lines.

I'm liking this idea and it's good to see more activity creeping I to this board, even if it is mostly just us 3 teams.

As far as I'm concerned, fury cricket is different to fury football. Equus captained the crocs and TheColeTrain is with the Vic's.

Im an opening bat. Let me run out okey :p

Sounds perfect to me. .. Speck wants to be keeper anyway. .. If you're not trolling welcome aboard?

Trolling isn't my style.

I'd love to rekindle my cricket career. I lost interest because there wasn't enough activity, I think the simming works great. I'd love to open the batting for the tests, I only kept because no one else wanted to.

Fwiw I'm a left hander, as for bowling left hand offies but that should be confined to net practice.

Sounds perfect to me. .. Speck wants to be keeper anyway. .. If you're not trolling welcome aboard?

Whatever suits the team, don't know if THB is going to turn up or not though?

Been a keeper in every other fantasy cricket league I've played in so would love to keep the tradition going. Plus is means regardless of activity you can't drop me. :p

Phoenicians* + MD & BoshtrichBurger - Our new Keeper Speck has agreed to lead us against the mighty Peckers (cue Beavis response) and the feisty Crocs (Aren't they a shoe?) in an up coming Tri-Series Carnival. .. Should we start a thread and get this started, link the captains in the OP. ..

* Yes we have some middle eastern roots OK?

Oh and Filthy Sanchez welcome aboard. .. :D

I'm actually surprised at the lack of activity. I've had a look at how the sim works and it looks pretty good. Surprised there isn't more interest.

I agree. In the first couple of rounds I thought it was great. Naturally the sim suits a play-by-play sport more than a continuous sport like footy. But as the season went on, nobody else posted so it all seemed pointless so my interest waned. This team should be pretty good so I'm sure I'll post and be active throughout the entire season.

Phoenicians* + MD & BoshtrichBurger - Our new Keeper Speck has agreed to lead us against the mighty Peckers (cue Beavis response) and the feisty Crocs (Aren't they a shoe?) in an up coming Tri-Series Carnival. .. Should we start a thread and get this started, link the captains in the OP. ..

* Yes we have some middle eastern roots OK?
Wise Guy Sam would have worded that so much better!

Fwiw I'm a left hander, as for bowling left hand offies but that should be confined to net practice.

Perfect. .. I needed another Leftie to maintain my penchant for a LH, RH combination down the order. .. Whether you get to open with okeydoke7 for the T20s depends entirely on our Captain Speck and as for the Tests and ODIs, this could come down to whether I want a night watchman like 11th man Chris Gee Dub Martin. .. ;)

Perfect. .. I needed another Leftie to maintain my penchant for a LH, RH combination down the order. .. Whether you get to open with okeydoke7 for the T20s depends entirely on our Captain Speck and as for the Tests and ODIs, this could come down to whether I want a night watchman like 11th man Chris Gee Dub Martin. .. ;)
Going by our confirmed list we have...

5 batsmen
1 keeper (assuming that's me)
3 bowlers
2 all rounders (1 pure, 1 batting)

Don't know if that's too batting heavy but we should be racking up 200+ in T20s with that sort of lineup.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Team has been posted in the tri series thread.

1. Claypigeon Batsmen LHB
2. Wise Guy SamBatsmen RHB
3. Filthy SanchezBatsmen LHB
4. Okeydoke7Batsmen RHB
5. SpeckKeeper LHB
6. GibbsyBatsmen RHB
7. EthBatting AR LHB & Left Arm Chinaman (or Leg Spin)
8. DeddyPure AR RHB & Right Arm Leg Spin
9. EastyBowler RHB & Left Fast
10. BrokenBowler RHB & Right Fast
11. Gee DubBowler RHB & Right Fast

Will rotate it around over the 3 games we play. Wanted to open with the two big guns in Clay and WGS.

Added the team song to the OP. .. Still need to pass on the keeper of the song now that I'm captain. ..

The Flame (Team Victory Song)
The fires burn, we've risen a new
The bats did fly, the ball held true
Our opponents broken and so blue
Northern Phoenix! We will rise.

OP updated. .. Feedback welcome. ..
I liked the OP. I was going to make a post but I thought that would suffice.

Now that that's out of the way tell me the story behind the trademark ". .." dammit! :p

I liked the OP. I was going to make a post but I thought that would suffice.

Now that that's out of the way tell me the story behind the trademark ". .." dammit! :p

hehe. .. Was born in another forum. .. Mate of mine used to type with a , .. and it was kind of catchy. .. We were both moderators and he eventually lost motivation and announced he was leaving the forum and stepping down from mod-hood. .. I decided to change my posting style as a tribute and it stuck. .. been doing it now for years and it is second nature, somehow I manage to switch it off in formal work email. ..

hehe. .. Was born in another forum. .. Mate of mine used to type with a , .. and it was kind of catchy. .. We were both moderators and he eventually lost motivation and announced he was leaving the forum and stepping down from mod-hood. .. I decided to change my posting style as a tribute and it stuck. .. been doing it now for years and it is second nature, somehow I manage to switch it off in formal work email. ..
Haha cheers skip!

I've always wondered about that. .. ;)

Thanks to MD for reminding me to post this in the 2nd OP. .. Cheers. ..

Starting Averages
Each player shall start the season with the following average according to player type :-​
Batting average / bowling average​
Pure Batter:​
43/99 Test​
-:-​
45/99 OD​
Keeper:​
42/99 Test​
43/99 OD​
Batting All-Rounder:​
31/32 Test​