Universal Love Oh captain, my captain: Cotchin retires. There will never be another.

Remove this Banner Ad

Hands down the most influential onfield player I’ve seen in my time watching the Y&B.
Played as big a part In getting us 3 Premierships as Benny, Peggy, Dimma.

And in my mind no doubt kept Dusty on the straight and narrow. Maybe his greatest achievement when you consider how important he’s been in our glory years

And an A grade inside midfielder to boot

Incredible career

Last edited:
Was an absoloute battering ram in his peak - Brownlow year outside of dusty the best I’ve seen from a Richmond midfielder - sacrificed his own stats for the team - doesn’t often happen this day an age - a true leader

For all the fools comparing to Pendles that’s absoloute garbage - the only one who comes close to cotchin is duckwood in terms of leadership and sacrifice.

Go well cotch. Deserve to be some sort of social media husband with Brooke - can’t forget the culture they started together. Props to the whole cotchin family! Thank you for the memories

Mister Dependable...what an absolute legend of a player...deserving Brownlow winner...up there as one of the greatest tiger captains of our proud Club!...three magnificent Grand Finals!...two of which were a hard fought Back to Back!...just had that instant campaigner button, instant God Mode button, switched on and off at a moments notice when his Team and his Club and his Supporters needed him the most!...300 games plus of magnificent beating tough Tiger heart! Where our Captain skilfully and silkily led...we all clumsily and loudly followed! A Tiger immortal...a worthy member of the Tiger Team of the Centuries...and most importantly a fair player who never once took an unfair advantage over an oppo...a wonderful role model...a wonderful Ambassador for AFL Football...hopefully Chimp can still contribute to the Tiger cause as he see's fit...makes me proud and humble to say Cotch my Captain!...proud to see his enormous footy growth over the years at Tigerland...the years go ohh too quickly when seeing a talent like Cotch's grace the various footy fields...stay...stay...my Captain...one last time and one last game and one last win against the oppo!...stay...stay...to join, one last time, the winner's circle...arm in arm with your joyous and grateful comrades singing Yellow and Black!!!...I need to stop now cos I canna see the keyboard properly to type further...

Last edited:
His goal against the Cats in the 17 QF was the biggest FU to the footy world who questioned his leadership!!!!!
still remember that spin

was pissed as parrot sitting level 1 southern stand pocket

(Log in to remove this ad.)

What actually was said? I was in Europe during this finals series and thought it was weird for them to gang up on Mummy!
he said he was gonna do some shite in the presser lol cant remember

Remove this Banner Ad

Back