Our NAB 2005 Draft shopping list...

Remove this Banner Ad

outback jack said:
how many times has jack heard this :cool:

I would bring in smith or VB or anyone else that is young, so we can find out what they can actually do. No good leaving someone like smith in the sanfl for 5 yrs, bring him in and if hes no up to it delist him at the end of the yr. We already know that ladhams can do and it aint much at afl level. We must be the only afl club that keeps giving these 3rd tier types at 25, 3 or 4 chances, as no other afl club does.

I am with you on the Count Jacky boy. We lmpw what Ladhams can do and although we need to play someone that knows how to play the position while we have a chance for the finals, it's time for VB to be given a better opportunity than he got last time. But with your Smith comment, well he hasnt been setting the local comp on fire with his efforts.

Markthirtytwo said:
I am with you on the Count Jacky boy. We lmpw what Ladhams can do and although we need to play someone that knows how to play the position while we have a chance for the finals, it's time for VB to be given a better opportunity than he got last time. But with your Smith comment, well he hasnt been setting the local comp on fire with his efforts.

i had thought smith wasnt in bad form lately?? Anyway its irrelevant imo, he needs to be put in and told that he gets 5-10 games and this is his chance. If he does nothing then gets the boot at the end of the yr. I'm not sure we've learnt anything from playing him in the sanfl the last 5 yrs.

macca23 said:
Agree with the marking key forward and the young mid-fielder with pace.

But you did forget the crumbing forward that can kick a few goals. Our return for opportunity is disgraceful.

thats easy solved, just get the quickest, paciest aboriginal available at hte time of our last pick and it will turn out like aaron davey/eddie betts. always happens...even a johncock. thats easy solved.

outback jack said:
1. i had thought smith wasnt in bad form lately?? Anyway its irrelevant imo, he needs to be put in and told that he gets 5-10 games and this is his chance. If he does nothing then gets the boot at the end of the yr.

2. I'm not sure we've learnt anything from playing him in the sanfl the last 5 yrs.

1. Pig's arse jack!! No way are we going to play with 21 players for 5-10 weeks.

2. Oh yes we have. :(

ferguswatts said:
thats easy solved, just get the quickest, paciest aboriginal available at hte time of our last pick and it will turn out like aaron davey/eddie betts. always happens...even a johncock. thats easy solved.
It's not as easy as you think mate.. ;)

ferguswatts said:

You make a reasonable point, although of course we have to be selective.

Essendon rookie listed Andrew Lovett as a 22 year old at the 2004 rookie draft - he's one of the quickest I've seen. He's been promoted onto the main list due to another player going on to the long term injury list.

He kicked 5 on the week-end for Essendon and would get a bundle in our side with the number of times we go forward and the ball goes to ground.

Exactly the type of player we need as a crumbing forward.

http://bombersfc.com.au/default.asp?pg=players&spg=playerprofile&personid=297286

Markthirtytwo said:
No we are ok for backmen. Adn why stop at one forward, likle we went for ruckmen last year this year we concentrate on the forward line, that is where we are loosing games.

As for the midfield, perhaps if there is someone out ther that we could pick up like we did with Knights. Talking of which, with him and the Count and Reilly and Mattner our future isnt so bad there.

So if Rutten or Kenny get injured who are our backups??

SpringChoke said:
So if Rutten or Kenny get injured who are our backups??
Yep and as i stated before who will fill Bassets shoes? We have enough defenders but they arn't really up to scratch..eg.. Bock, Smith

Or Tommy Corbett-Wynne

In his two years of playing for South Fremantle’s colts, Corbett-Wynne has kicked 91 goals in just 35 games. His best performance was an incredible 11-goal haul in the second semi-final

On the weekend just gone he kicked a further 3 goals . I will see if I can get a write up..he will be 20 years old next year . I guess his height has stopped a lot of clubs looking ..but FFS he can kicks goals

(Log in to remove this ad.)

outback jack said:
i had thought smith wasnt in bad form lately?? Anyway its irrelevant imo, he needs to be put in and told that he gets 5-10 games and this is his chance. If he does nothing then gets the boot at the end of the yr. I'm not sure we've learnt anything from playing him in the sanfl the last 5 yrs.

Yes we have, he can't play.

PerthCrow said:
Or Tommy Corbett-Wynne

On the weekend just gone he kicked a further 3 goals . I will see if I can get a write up..he will be 20 years old next year . I guess his height has stopped a lot of clubs looking ..but FFS he can kicks goals
Have you seen this lad play PerthCrow??????

I would be interested to know as to what type of player this lad is. Is he a lead and mark type player or is he a genuine, crumber.

If he is a lead and mark type player then I can see why clubs haven't looked at him. These types are usually easy to handle. Play someone taller and mobile enough on them and they go quiet.

If he is a genuine crumber I would say go get him ;)

Stiffy_18 said:
Have you seen this lad play PerthCrow??????

I would be interested to know as to what type of player this lad is. Is he a lead and mark type player or is he a genuine, crumber.

If he is a lead and mark type player then I can see why clubs haven't looked at him. These types are usually easy to handle. Play someone taller and mobile enough on them and they go quiet.

If he is a genuine crumber I would say go get him ;)
I am going to find out as I feel he has something special. You dont get those figures from being lazy. At his height I would suggest crumber

Remove this Banner Ad

Back