News Our new Football Ops Manager - welcome Adam Kelly!

Remove this Banner Ad

Given the circumstances, a decision I’m comfortable with, but yet another black mark against our management; we’re only in this situation due to their incompetence.
Would rather we found a long term replacement now instead of another short term bandaid solution. If we put Harper in the role for 12 months just as a caretaker, i'm sure he will stay in that role long term.

When Cornes and Rowe mentioned him a few weeks ago as the 'perfect candidate', I could smell something fishy... Wouldn't surprise me if they had been asked to pump up his tyres so it was an easier sell when we announced him in the role. Adam Kelly sounded like a perfect person for the role, not sure why we didn't go with him. Maybe he was telling the truth when he said that he hadn't been interviewed yet... Again, wouldn't surprise me if Harper was already earmarked for the role as soon as they decided to move Burton on... (conspiracy theory I know)

Harper seems to have found his niche in his current role, running the SANFL and AFLW sides, and doing the day to day stuff.

I wonder how Hamish would go in the Football Ops space.

I don’t mind if Harper comes in as interim head of football for 2020. Has more than enough experience to do the job and gives the club all the time it needs to land the big fish they need.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

I don’t mind if Harper comes in as interim head of football for 2020. Has more than enough experience to do the job and gives the club all the time it needs to hope everyone forgets about it so we can just announce the guy from next door that we already appointed.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Fixed for you. :tearsofjoy:
It's funny because it's true.

When you say he's not smart.
Well he isn't smart enough to be a Football Operations Manager. Tippett-gate proved that.

He's doing a good job in his current role, so no need to change things.

Would rather we found a long term replacement now instead of another short term bandaid solution. If we put Harper in the role for 12 months just as a caretaker, i'm sure he will stay in that role long term.

When Cornes and Rowe mentioned him a few weeks ago as the 'perfect candidate', I could smell something fishy... Wouldn't surprise me if they had been asked to pump up his tyres so it was an easier sell when we announced him in the role. Adam Kelly sounded like a perfect person for the role, not sure why we didn't go with him. Maybe he was telling the truth when he said that he hadn't been interviewed yet... Again, wouldn't surprise me if Harper was already earmarked for the role as soon as they decided to move Burton on... (conspiracy theory I know)

Certainly understand that fear, but I also don't want us locking in a so-so candidate for 3-4 years.

The soft-cap on Football Department spending is supposed to be an equalisation measure, but I'd also be willing to bet it has saved quite a few coaches and senior staff members who are not up to par because of the financial implications of sacking them.

Rupert Sapwell is who Rucci said this morning so assuming they said him. Played for the 36ers in the late 90s.
That's a blast from the past.

Any idea what his background has been since his playing days?

C7 sport said Harper as footy manager and some guy I never heard off from 36ers as culture manager
Harper is not the best available Football Manager. We are not 3rd chance saloon.

If true, the club has not learnt about promoting people from within beyond their skill set.
Trigg
Harper
Burton

There are quality people outside AFC... & they would bring a fresh perspective.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Going by LinkedIn, he is currently the Director of Sports at Trinity College... is that just a fancy term for PE teacher?!?
Guess he heads up their PE department.

Good with kids then...

Harper seems to have found his niche in his current role, running the SANFL and AFLW sides, and doing the day to day stuff.

I wonder how Hamish would go in the Football Ops space.
If you can have an opinion from a couple of interviews, I get the impression that Hamish is more of the “just let me do my job” kind of guy than an aspiring manager

Well he isn't smart enough to be a Football Operations Manager. Tippett-gate proved that.

He's doing a good job in his current role, so no need to change things.
That (what happened) was completely taken out of context by the media. He made an honest mistake that was misconstrued. If anything he was TOO competent for the job! Besides the point, I think you are right about his current job. From all accounts he’s loving it and enjoying looking after the women’s team too. I hope they don’t just settle for someone though.

That (what happened) was completely taken out of context by the media. He made an honest mistake that was misconstrued. If anything he was TOO competent for the job! Besides the point, I think you are right about his current job. From all accounts he’s loving it and enjoying looking after the women’s team too. I hope they don’t just settle for someone though.

:tearsofjoy::tearsofjoy::tearsofjoy:

Never change

Remove this Banner Ad

Back