News Our new Football Ops Manager - welcome Adam Kelly!

Remove this Banner Ad

So it looks like this might have some legs. If Burton was receiving nothing but positive reviews and feedback, it really goes to show how clueless the clubs management is.

This is it for Fagan IMO, if Vozzo wants to come back in a CEO capacity getting back for Fagan not down the road for KT. We need an experienced football CEO, Fagan is clearly clueless when it comes to footy.
I think once you accept an agreement, you are limited...but I'm not a lawyer

Imagine we finally turf Burton but the stench lingers on because we get done for unfair dismissal. That would be the most Adelaide Crows thing ever.

Maybe, just maybe, it would force those in positions of seniority to be critical and honest in their appraisal of those who report to them.

Though I have the feeling those in positions of seniority are so incompetent that they believed they were doing those things when appraising those who report to them.

I think once you accept an agreement, you are limited...but I'm not a lawyer

I think unfair dismissal laws don't apply if the position pays a salary over $148,700 (https://www.fwc.gov.au/unfair-dismissals-benchbook/coverage-unfair-dismissal/high-income-threshold). I don't know what Burton was on, but I would have assumed that the football ops manager of an AFL club would be on well over $150k?

Although if we were paying peanuts, that would explain why we got a monkey.

I think unfair dismissal laws don't apply if the position pays a salary over $148,700 (https://www.fwc.gov.au/unfair-dismissals-benchbook/coverage-unfair-dismissal/high-income-threshold). I don't know what Burton was on, but I would have assumed that the football ops manager of an AFL club would be on well over $150k?

Although if we were paying peanuts, that would explain why we got a monkey.
Nice research there. Maybe Graham Cornes needs to take a look - I'm sure it won't be long before he mentions it on his next segment on 5AA

"Fagan also revealed the Club was “really close” to appointing a new Head of Football and Head of Leadership and Culture. "

“It’s been an exhaustive process and we’re very much at the pointy end.

“I expect a decision before Christmas.”

"Fagan also revealed the Club was “really close” to appointing a new Head of Football and Head of Leadership and Culture. "

And announced Christmas Eve, I knew it!!!

Definitely sounds like it's going to be a full-time appointment, I'm still (sadly) expecting the 'exhaustive process' to lead us to Harper at this point

aaa

Maybe they are waiting until the recipient returns from Overseas Holidays so he can be present for the announcement.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Another "exhaustive search" only to appoint the internal candidate would be disgraceful and another insult to the members
Phil was filling in. If they appoint someone, it's not him.

Phil was filling in. If they appoint someone, it's not him.

On the one hand, I can't see the club appointing Phil because it would be opening themselves up to a torrent of criticism again

On the other hand, I can absolutely believe the club would appoint Phil

On the one hand, I can't see the club appointing Phil because it would be opening themselves up to a torrent of criticism again

On the other hand, I can absolutely believe the club would appoint Phil
Nah

Thinking along the line of Adam Kelly. A lot of talk around about him and he has the right qualifications.
Didn’t he return from holidays a few weeks back? Also how does the GM of the SACA have overseas holidays leading into the summer of cricket and miss the test match?

Didn’t he return from holidays a few weeks back? Also how does the GM of the SACA have overseas holidays leading into the summer of cricket and miss the test match?
Believe he is Still on Holidays or only recently arrived back and he is currently the General Manager of Football for the SANFL, Nothing to do with the SACA.

I don't know. Who is GM of the SACA? Sounds weird.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back