News Our new Football Ops Manager - welcome Adam Kelly!

Remove this Banner Ad

You may be getting it, the chairman pretty much administers the board, he has no power over the board, he cant sack a board member, he has one vote as does every board member. You obviously need someone in that role with experience at board level which is probably why the AFL feel he is a good fit. You couldn't for example get say Andrew Macleod who wouldn't know what the hell to do, the chairmans role needs experience in that field. He has no power over anyone, as part of a board he does but only one vote out of 9

So Marty, please explain to us why the Collingwood Football Club have a President sitting at the head of the board, no Chair, and a CEO?

Yes, the SANFL paid for our licence up front to the AFL. We then paid it off at $400k per year for our first 10 years.

So after we already paid for our licence we then had to "buy it" from the SANFL (as Port Power did) even though we had already paid for it :drunk: and they had been gifted the rivers of gold from the A.O. whilst still owning Footy Park. ******* amazing.

Some how our licence was valued significantly more than what Ports was - both clubs bought their "freedom" from the bloodsucking SANFL.

I think the numbers were $9 million and $5 million - someone will remember the exact amounts.
Why make stuff up

The licence was purchased by the SANFL and leased to the AFC

No different to renting out a property

On SM-G965F using BigFooty.com mobile app

So Marty, please explain to us why the Collingwood Football Club have a President sitting at the head of the board, no Chair, and a CEO?

Don't care what the call Eddie they can call him the grand pooba for all I care

Here is a little snippet from the pies constitution

(a) The Board shall have the power to make By-Laws for the conduct of meetings but otherwise the Chairman may give necessary directions and his ruling shall be final unless over-ruled by a resolution of the meeting. Any questions requiring decision shall be in the form of a motion which shall be submitted in writing and be proposed and seconded before being discussed.
METHOD OF VOTING (b) (i) In the first instance voting shall be by a show of hands after the question is put first in the affirmative and then in the negative. (ii) The Chairman of his own volition or if his decision is disputed and on the demand of at least ten ordinary members personally present and entitled to vote may call for a division. No person shall be permitted to enter or leave the meeting room after a division is called until the result has been declared. (iii) After the result of a vote has been declared by the Chairman he may order a poll or it can be demanded by one hundred members present personally or by proxy. A poll shall be taken immediately and in such manner as the Chairman directs. The result of such poll as declared by the Chairman shall be deemed to be the resolution of the meeting.

All boards need a chairman

He’s talking about the reply you quoted from rocket!
He even quoted it!

Eddie is the chairman their constitution requires one, he is also the president their CEO can be a board member aswell if the pies want him/ her to

There can be executive and non executive members of the Collingwood Board if they wish and approved, do I have to explain how that works SSSSSSSHHHHHH

Yes, the SANFL paid for our licence up front to the AFL. We then paid it off at $400k per year for our first 10 years.

So after we already paid for our licence we then had to "buy it" from the SANFL (as Port Power did) even though we had already paid for it :drunk: and they had been gifted the rivers of gold from the A.O. whilst still owning Footy Park. ******* amazing.

Some how our licence was valued significantly more than what Ports was - both clubs bought their "freedom" from the bloodsucking SANFL.

I think the numbers were $9 million and $5 million - someone will remember the exact amounts.

Why make stuff up

What part of the first sentence in the reply you quoted didn't you understand??
Marty, I even told you he was talking about rockets post, you know the one you replied to!

Don't forget the Crows also paid for obtaining the rights to there lease on Football Park (Which expires in 2048). They paid upfront for the lease and the maintenance of the oval. something that slipped under the radar of most and most are realizing just how variable owning that lease is. Sometimes having Bankers and Developers on the Board pay off. Our Licence could end up costing us nothing

Hopefully, we will find out in 3 years and when we do the Port Supporters will be Livid.
Not only will they say Free Rent (which is Incorrect because of the lease agreement) But what will happen when Commercial & General Pay our the Crows lease, which will be 7 figures min.

Note the money we pay to the SANFL for Playing in Comp is completely different.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Why make stuff up

Sounds like a lot of people get pissed off at you but for me I just wanted to say thanks for responding to my question about the licence. Between what you have said and what some other have added I think I have a better picture of what happened and is still happening. Would be nice if we could pay it off quicker so we can start up a better structure and a more accountable board.

Sounds like a lot of people get pissed off at you but for me I just wanted to say thanks for responding to my question about the licence. Between what you have said and what some other have added I think I have a better picture of what happened and is still happening. Would be nice if we could pay it off quicker so we can start up a better structure and a more accountable board.
The board will be accountable to the members but with soo many members

It will become a popularity contest, for example Roo would undoubtedly be on the board with soo many members loving him maybe even tony modra would get a gig

The majority of members will follow their favs blindly

As for paying off the debt early it wouldn't be a bad idea but interest free money is something you don't pay back early

Um.....Sapwell turned US down. Couldn't agree on terms. Why do you think that would be.
Do you believe everything you read in the newspaper? What I meant to say was “I hope they won’t rush out and appoint just anyone because of it. I hope they take their time.” 😜

Remove this Banner Ad

Back