out net trades

Remove this Banner Ad

stefoid

Brownlow Medallist
Mar 8, 2002
home
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
There was a wailing and a gnashing of teeth when we announced the rawlings deal, and a 2nd round pick for Street, but at the end of the day, if we do get Rawlings, then our net trades will have been:

Brown + PSD#1 = Rawlings + Street + Veale

and since we would have taken Street with the PSD#1 anyways, you might as well say:

Brown = Rawlings + Veale.

If the club had announced we were going to trade Brown for Rawlings and a sweetener, and pick up Street in the PSD, nobody would have blinked an eye. They are the players we have to have to play a decent brand of footy.

Cant really comment on Koops for a round 2 and Morgan for a round 3, because I dont know the players, but anyways, seperate deals.

Originally posted by stefoid
There was a wailing and a gnashing of teeth when we announced the rawlings deal, and a 2nd round pick for Street, but at the end of the day, if we do get Rawlings, then our net trades will have been:

Brown + PSD#1 = Rawlings + Street + Veale

and since we would have taken Street with the PSD#1 anyways, you might as well say:

Brown = Rawlings + Veale.

If the club had announced we were going to trade Brown for Rawlings and a sweetener, and pick up Street in the PSD, nobody would have blinked an eye. They are the players we have to have to play a decent brand of footy.

Cant really comment on Koops for a round 2 and Morgan for a round 3, because I dont know the players, but anyways, seperate deals.

You forgot Alvey who was in good touch before doing his knee averaging mid 20's in possessions for his 4 games.

Brown + Alvey = Rawlings* + Veale

Good point. Forgot about alves. But I dont rate him a huge loss.

I reckon Eagleton and Alvey are almost identical players as far as what they provide for the team, and I always said we couldnt afford to field both of them at the same time. Would have prefered to trade Eagleton and keep alvey, but there you go.

Hope we can also get away with not fielding Eagleton as well. If Koops, Cooney, Faulkner and MacMahon play well enough to keep eagleton playing for the bees. (outside players bringing leg speed and long kicking to the team)

Re: Re: out net trades

Originally posted by HK_Bulldog
You forgot Alvey who was in good touch before doing his knee averaging mid 20's in possessions for his 4 games.

I don't think Alvey should count. Had we not traded him he would have gone into the PSD himself. He wanted out last year, he still wanted out this year - I'd say he wanted out.

Re: Re: out net trades

Originally posted by HK_Bulldog

The Alvey trade was nothing more than clearing salary cap space for Rawlings. A lot of teams trade players to give them cap space.

Cant really comment on Koops for a round 2 [/B]

I think you guys will do really well with koops, a great determined backline player who will really add some depth back there. Has a superb leap, i'm sorry koopsy couldn't stay at the dockers but he just didn't have a spot in our best 22.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back