Delisted Paddy McCartin

Remove this Banner Ad

Just getting in first before anybody worries that its diabetes injection related infection.
this would be highly unlikely. Paddy would be rotating his injections around his body with the majority of them into his stomach.
Some maybe also into upper arms, thighs, buttocks. But the stomach is usualy the spot used because its absorbs the insulin much quicker.
If you continuously use the same spot you can get fatty hard deposits under the skin but infections are extremely rare.
Im not pretending to be a doctor but I do have experience with this and ive noticed some peeps here are a bit unsure about Paddys diabetes.
Just trying to help:thumbsu:

Hey guys, been away on a bit of a break, so I apologize for not being across all news about the great Paddy McCartin
I agree with Snake in regard to the Diabetes being a non issue here. Paddy missing 1 week of training will hardly derail his pre season. May even let him recharge and reload for the weeks coming in to the first practice match.
He probably unknowingly held a small pies supporter on his knee for a photo at training the other day and got something.........

Here's what the 2015 Champion Data Prospectus had to say about McCartin:

Kicked 65 goals in the 26 matches of his that CD has covered.

In his 3 U18 Champs games he averaged 3.7 scoring shots per match and kicked 7 goals -ranked above average - while also being involved in 5 scoring chains per game. He was effective when involved in 1v1 contests, winning 6 of 8 - ranked 1 of the top 10 players to be involved in a contest.

Kicked 41 goals and averaged 14 disposals from his 13 games for the Geelong Falcons over the past two years - ranked above average for a key forward.

Good promo today but the only bad news is Paddy Mc Cartin was missing and apparently has a leg infection that needed a surgery to remove something. Hope all is well with the big fella.

I don't believe this highlights vid has been posted here (at least in this thread). It shows a bit more of his marking than the other ones do I think and more Falcons highlights. :thumbsu:

If I was going to use 1 word to sum that video up it would be "Clunk", but strangely my favorite part of it was at about 3.01 where he crumbs a ball in congestion, dodges/breaks a tackle then kicks a goal from about 48 out on a decent angle.

And that's all when he was underdone from having niggles all year. He's going to be a star.

http://www.saints.com.au/news/2015-02-21/paddys-promising-start

ST KILDA'S No.1 draft pick Paddy McCartin gave supporters a glimpse of his promise during the Saints' intra-club match on Saturday.

The key forward started his first appearance in St Kilda colours impressively, competing strongly in the air and converting a difficult shot at goal.

In the first two 20-minute terms, McCartin started deep in the forward line and then worked up the field, building some chemistry with fellow forward Tom Lee.

Good start from the lad. Started with a blaze taking a couple marks and a shot at goal in the first minute. Never mind he was playing on JBT!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Paddy McCartin says he will need to check his blood levels up to 16 times a game to help combat his diabetes.

The 18-year-old, who is line to make an early-season AFL debut, said he checked his diabetes about eight times a game in under 18s, including the breaks in between quarters.

“Most of the time it’s really good, but it’s just for that peace of mind that I know I’m going to be able to go out there and do everything I can,” McCartin said.

“I’m pretty lucky, the dietitian at the club is a diabetic as well, so she’s a bit of a sounding board for me.”

The 194cm goalkicker, who has been likened to Hawthorn superstar Jarryd Roughead, said he hoped to make his debut against Brisbane Lions on Saturday afternoon.

“I’ve done three months pre-season, so I think that I’ve done everything I can so far, haven’t really missed a beat apart from the skin infection that I had,” he said.

“So, I’ve done everything I needed to and on the weekend I felt like I was able to move all right.”

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/sport/a...-combat-diabetes/story-fni5f9q3-1227235963769

963743-c1d79884-bb25-11e4-a005-b478f5906d65.jpg

Paddy rocking out at the Saints intra-club match \m/

Not sure if it's due to the angle, jumper or editing, but Paddy looks much slimmer in that last photo, and he looked Tom Hawkins-size (in terms of build) in the photos from the intra-club.

Another 4 goals, which could of been 6 or 7 if not for inaccuracy. Gave off a couple also. With Brucey doing so well for us, it is great for Paddy to hone his craft in the VFL IMO. Dissapointing for Paddy maybe, but it is good that these youngsters are made to work hard for games, rather than being gifted them. For a big key forward, I think Paddy is doing real well

Not sure if it's due to the angle, jumper or editing, but Paddy looks much slimmer in that last photo, and he looked Tom Hawkins-size (in terms of build) in the photos from the intra-club.
Listed at 194/94 as opposed to Hawkins' 197/105, but I think you were referring to the fact that Paddy looked like he had a bit of puppy fat on him when he arrived?

I actually reckon Hawkins is carrying too much - and more than 105kgs - and reckon his dodgy back has something to do with that.

Paddy has clearly cut down, but will ultimately add a bit of bulk in the next couple of years IMO.

I reckon big Tex Walker is a more apt comparison going forward.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back