Delisted Daniel Markworth

Remove this Banner Ad

Rookie list is about right, considering what he's shown when he's played. Hope he still makes it, but is a hope now, not a belief. He's got enough character to deal with what he's been dealt so far, so he won't crumble.

If another club takes up the option and does well with him, fair enough and I'll not begrudge him anything.

Tough gig.

Markworth has looked solid at VFL level this year without really tearing games apart (from those I've seen anyway). Sinclair, on the other hand, instantly looked a cut above the level. I think those are the signs that he will struggle to make it at AFL level unfortunately...he has been overtaken and will continue to be by younger players.

doesn't look like natural to me...everything looks a little forced/unnatural - kicking, marking, tackling, positioning etc. He can run, no doubt about that, but ultimately, won't find enough ball and won't use it properly.

At the very least Sip makes the right decisions and can use the ball well.

what-needs-to-happen-in-unbreakable-2-306793.gif

At some stage you have to forget the injuries and decide if you think the bloke will make it at the next level. From what I've seen I don't think he will.. They've shown enough patience..

Sip on the other hand his last month of vfl has flipped his future in its head.. First time I've seen him played purely on ball and he's been outstanding

At some stage you have to forget the injuries and decide if you think the bloke will make it at the next level. From what I've seen I don't think he will.. They've shown enough patience..

Sip on the other hand his last month of vfl has flipped his future in its head.. First time I've seen him played purely on ball and he's been outstanding
Can you have a mid that only gets 10-15 possessions? even if he is very dangerous and makes every possession count?

Mitch Brown has already had 20 in an AFL game. Siposs 3 years ago had a 24 disposal game , a 20 , a couple of 17s. A single game with 19 last year, and not much this year. Seems to be going backwards unfortunately. Can he recapture that 2013 form?

Meanwhile Brody Murdoch is only dreaming of getting the ball that much.

Would love to see the rules regarding team lists changed so that the rookie spots can be based on a summer camp model like the American franchises have in the NFL. Players like Markworth would be a great beneficiary of that, where they effectively get one mor chance to demonstrate that their bodies are upto the challenge.

Would love to see the rules regarding team lists changed so that the rookie spots can be based on a summer camp model like the American franchises have in the NFL. Players like Markworth would be a great beneficiary of that, where they effectively get one mor chance to demonstrate that their bodies are upto the challenge.
Would also be great for trialling state league players.

Does lead to a rapid turnover of the staple roster though, as franchises second-guess themselves weighing experience against raw talent over only a few weeks.

Yeah I know siposs won't ever be cyrii
I was just making a point that s mid can be dangerous with only 10-15 touches
Cyril is a forward my friend. He goes into the centre occasionally but he's far from a full time mid.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Mitch Brown has already had 20 in an AFL game. Siposs 3 years ago had a 24 disposal game , a 20 , a couple of 17s. A single game with 19 last year, and not much this year. Seems to be going backwards unfortunately. Can he recapture that 2013 form?

Meanwhile Brody Murdoch is only dreaming of getting the ball that much.
37 in a VFL game once! I agree with your point though. Shame he can't just push to 20. Maybe he can.

37 in a VFL game once! I agree with your point though. Shame he can't just push to 20. Maybe he can.

Murdoch does get thrown around a lot though. Went down back for a while Sunday then he was a leading forward. Reckon he will need to get a good run in the one spot to get high numbers.

Murdoch does get thrown around a lot though. Went down back for a while Sunday then he was a leading forward. Reckon he will need to get a good run in the one spot to get high numbers.
Where would you put him? We have plenty of HBFs, but maybe that's the spot.

• danmarkworth10My time at St Kilda didn't go to plan but I am looking forward to whatever comes next.
    I have met and worked with many great people in the last 4 years and would like to thank those that supported my journey in anyway. #whatsnext#excited

Remove this Banner Ad

Back