Past Player - Jake von Bertouch

Remove this Banner Ad

Re: Rookie Draft Selection #32 - Jake von Bertouch

congrats jake and yay that you can stay at the eagles, to keep smith company lol

211403.jpg

Height: 192cm
Weight: 79kg
DOB: 04/05/92
Club: Woodville-West Torrens (SA)

Kevin Sheehan says: Jake is a tall forward who is quick on the lead and accurate in front of goal. He has strong hands and is team orientated. He represented South Australia in the under-18 championships this year.

In his own words
What type of player are you?
Quick leading, strong marking, accurate kicking forward.

Which AFL player do you most resemble and why?
Jarrad Grant (Western Bulldogs) - similar playing styles: plays forward, quick, good hands.

What are your strengths as a footballer?
Marking, goal accuracy, team player, clean, reading the play.

What parts of your game would you like to improve?
Endurance, strength, defensive pressure, tackling.

Which AFL team do you support and how did you come to barrack for them?
Adelaide - I grew up in South Australia.

Who has been the biggest influence on your career so far, and why?
My parents - they took me to all my football commitments, also provided encouragement and advice.

Player statistics

• Former club:Woodville West Torrens / Waikerie
  • DOB:04/05/1992
  • Height:192cm
  • Weight:79kg
  • Position:Forward
Player assessment

Lead-up forward who accumulates marks and goals in unobtrusive fashion. Plenty of development in him. Plenty of clubs are interested.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Yep, he's related to Natalie. Cousin? I can't remember.

So you know that leadership, competitiveness, and all that is in the blood :thumbsu:

Jake fairly dominated the U18s this year, including a hauls of 6 goals, 7 goals, 8 goals, and even an 11 goal match!

http://www.sportingpulse.com/team_i...190814394&client=1-3289-35010-103283-10110175

He was the third highest goal scorer in the U18s this season.

Didn't achieve much once being moved to the reserves for three matches though - only a solitary goal.

So you know that leadership, competitiveness, and all that is in the blood :thumbsu:

Jake fairly dominated the U18s this year, including a hauls of 6 goals, 7 goals, 8 goals, and even an 11 goal match!

http://www.sportingpulse.com/team_i...190814394&client=1-3289-35010-103283-10110175

He was the third highest goal scorer in the U18s this season.

Didn't achieve much once being moved to the reserves for three matches though - only a solitary goal.

I'd suggest its likely due to his light frame, along with the step up from 18/s to Reserves being a rather big one. Will be spending a bit of time in the gym this summer I'd suggest, will be interesting to see how he goes. Was one I had my eye on throughout the drafting period.

I gather he is a bit of a project player?
I'd say so. He is very light framed which is why his reserves form was different from the U18's where he dominated. He won't come close to playing next year but I look forward to see how he develops.

I think they will be looking to turn him from a leading FF to a genuine Cloke/Volt type running CHF. Has excellent endurance and a solid mark. His main problem is that he hasn't really torn a game apart before and can go missing. A bit of development in him and we could have a very good talent on our hands.

I think they will be looking to turn him from a leading FF to a genuine Cloke/Volt type running CHF. Has excellent endurance and a solid mark. His main problem is that he hasn't really torn a game apart before and can go missing. A bit of development in him and we could have a very good talent on our hands.

I dunno, he has an 11 goal haul at U18 level, I don't know what your definition of "tearing a game apart" is, but that'd certainly classify under mine. :eek:

I dunno, he has an 11 goal haul at U18 level, I don't know what your definition of "tearing a game apart" is, but that'd certainly classify under mine. :eek:

Haha yeah fair call, but there are plenty of u18s heroes. For draftable kids, you want to be showing your stuff at reserves, at least. Its very easy for a player of his size to go from hero to zero moving up the ranks. He was talked about as a top 20 pick this time last year and has not gone on with it like recruiters would have hoped.

Congrats Jake. Met him a few times as a friend of the family. Umpired a couple of his games at SANFL level too and he looks a player, will take a while to develop into an AFL footballer.

Is this kid an ex-basketballer? He seems like the type. Has some really nice composure in tight situations.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back