Past Jarrad Waite 2002-2014

Remove this Banner Ad

not talking the knuckle-more you know he will do something violent and stupid. It is just a questin of when

Yeah I was joking, but I know what you mean. He always wants to be extra physical with opponents. It works well if only there weren't 50 cameras pointed at him being monitored by umpires that don't like him lol.

Waite's stats from the round six win against Sydney

Disposals: 14
Kicks: 6
Handballs: 8
Marks: 4
Goals: 1
Behinds: 2
Contested possessions: 7
Disposal efficiency: 71%

Wet night that didn't suit him much and nothing went right for him. Every time he went for a mark he spilt it, every time he tried to tackle he gave away a free kick. Didn't drop his head and kept attacking, he'll bounce back this week.

Waite's stats for round 9 against Geelong

Kicks: 16
Handballs: 2
Disposals: 18
Goals: 2
Behinds: 3
Marks: 11
Contested Marks: 4
Contested possessions: 8
Supercoach:120

Excellent all round game. Played a bit deeper forward at times, started off with a bang and continued to present well and work hard through the game.

Meet the AFL's biggest under-achievers
6. JARRAD WAITE (Carlton)

Love the way this guy plays. Forward or back, he is dynamic. In fact, he is so important to the Blues' structure he may just be in the club's top three "most important" players - behind Chris Judd and Michael Jamison.

Trouble is, he does not blow matches wide open often enough for a man of his talents.

A poor run with injuries have cruelled him at times, but Waite has for a long time been close to elite with a capital E.

Carlton needs him to get there. It may be a harsh call, but his best is so good he has under-achieved.
Meet the AFL's biggest under-achievers

Jarrad Waite set to miss Carlton's blockbusters

CARLTON forward Jarrad Waite is expected to miss the club's early season blockbusters after another setback with his troublesome calf injury.

Waite is not expected to be available until Round 3 or 4 at the earliest and, given his poor fitness base, may need several weeks in the VFL before he is ready for senior selection.

Jarrad Waite set to miss Carlton's blockbusters

A real shame for Jarrad and the club. Such a talent and an integral part of the side but just can't get out on the park.

Would be great to see him out there but if he's to only play a handful of games throughout the season I'd rather it be at the business end rather than the first few games. Obviously there's no need to even think about rushing him back and I'd like to see him spend some time at VFL level when he does eventually return to the field, to bring his match fitness up to scratch.

I hesitate to name a positive in a situation such as this, but there now is a huge opportunity for someone like Sam Rowe to put his hand up and make a tall forward spot in the senior side his own.

The Grunt Match Report - Rd 4

In his first match of the year, Jarrad Waite provided plenty of warmth to the hearts of Carlton supporters, finishing with six marks, but more importantly getting through the game issue-free.

The Grunt Match Report - Rd 4

Waite gets through first hit out

Carlton forward Jarrad Waite was held goalless in his return from a calf injury in the VFL on Sunday, but he should take confidence out of the performance, according to Northern Blues coach Luke Webster.
Waite took six marks, including an impressive contested grab, in the Blues' loss to Port Melbourne, playing four quarters with limited minutes at Preston City Oval.
The 30-year-old moved well in his first game since suffering the calf injury that halted his pre-season, but his strong leads weren't always rewarded and he finished the game with 11 disposals.

Waite gets through first hit out

Will he or won't he?

“I’m happy just being back out there and helping out the boys,” Waite said.
“Obviously with a calf it’s one of those things you’ve got to be patient with and I knew that from the start.
“I know I can’t be impatient... we’ll see what happens.”

“I pulled up pretty well,” Waite said today. “Obviously there was a little bit of game soreness, but nothing that wasn’t planned . . . I got through the game and I was happy with the way it went.”

Will he or won't he?

Fantastic to hear that Jarrad got through his first outing on the weekend but for mine that doesn't give him the green light for inclusion in the senior side just yet.

Fitness will be well down on what it is required to be for playing at AFL level, so I suspect we won't see him back in Navy Blue for a few weeks yet.

To be honest, I'm more than comfortable with that. There's no need to rush, give him more time than may be necessary. If we can't have him available all season long, I'd prefer it be later as we head towards possible September action than this early on.

Just get him right.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Watched the elim again...Seriously, how good is this guy?!

I don't feel like any defender could blanket him on any given day, he's a freak footballer.

Anywho, just wanted to show my appreciation.

Watched the elim again...Seriously, how good is this guy?!

I don't feel like any defender could blanket him on any given day, he's a freak footballer.

Anywho, just wanted to show my appreciation.

Totally agree. On his day he's just unstoppable and capable of anything.

Mightn't always be consistent but I feel in his latter years he's become more consistent and at least even on his more average days provides a good contest and good for a couple goals. Just that damn fragile body of his usually causes the problems.

Waite looks beyond 2014
"Hopefully I can play a couple more years. Mentally wise, I'm feeling fresh and I don't really feel like a 31-year-old," he said.

"All the boys sort of give me crap because I act like an 18-year-old around here.

"Mentally, I feel like I could play for a couple more years. It's probably just the body and seeing how that is.

"I'll sum it up at the end of the year and we'll see what happens."
Waite looks beyond 2014

Remove this Banner Ad

Back