Past Jarrad Waite 2002-2014

Remove this Banner Ad

Waite seeking redemption
Waite is feeling just as good mentally and is thriving under the "very encouraging, straight down the line" coaching of Mick Malthouse.

Set to become an unrestricted free agent at the end of this season, Waite says he hopes to play on for another two years at Carlton, but will delay his decision until the end of 2014.

"I obviously love playing footy, love being around the boys and it's a good lifestyle," he says.

"Obviously, I've got to reassess where the body's at (at) the end of the year… and see what I want to do."
Waite seeking redemption[URL='http://www.carltonfc.com.au/news/2014-04-04/waite-seeking-redemption'] [/URL]

Hendo: "Still room for Waitey"
"Waitey's been a great player for a long time and it's a bit hard for him at the moment with us playing how we played last week," Henderson told AFL.com.au.

"He played some really good footy last week (three goals in the VFL), so he'll back in at some point.

"I'd love to see him at the club next year."
Hendo: "Still room for Waitey"

What did they expect Henderson to say?

"Nah, he's cooked. We can't stomach Waite's inconsistent efforts and injuries at 31 years of age."

Waite has officially joined North Melbourne today as a free agent.
Don't let the door hit your arse on the way out Jarred

Sorry it's a bit hard to refrain. I'm angry not because I'm going to miss his football so much but because of his attitude and what the club has done for him.
If he was a kid you'd label him a selfish brat and give him a couple of whacks on the behind with a belt.

Ungrateful, disloyal, selfish, greedy, stupid, dumb, immature, lazy, soft....have I missed anything?

Sorry Jarred I wish I could say something positive about the way I feel about your leaving CFC under the current circumstances.

You are going to regret it after you have retired.

I was going to suggest that those controlling the website are being prompt and professional. However, some players still remain. As of a minute ago:

Rookie list.PNG

3 of those guys have gone but they haven't been quick to remove them.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Gee, what a disappointing career he's had at Carlton overall. Disappointing in the sense that he's 30+ now and we were still talking about him having potential. Coulda, shoulda been a star this bloke.

In a way, I wish he left a few years back so we got more for him, or stayed put because he owed the club. Has not, ultimately, delivered. I think it's a bit poor to go elsewhere, but good luck to him. He tried, he just never put it together for more than a few weeks at a time. When he's on, he's a beast.

I find it amusing how many people are sinking the boot in atm and also talking s**t about his family, many of these "people" then have the gall to discuss loyalty? Please..
I'm disappointed that he's left but if Carlton is going to poach the Thomas' etc from other clubs we can hardly complain when players go the other way.

Footy's changed, guys. Get over it. He did what was best for himself and what plenty of others would of done.

Exactly!!!

Everyone here in the same boat would do the same thing. If people are so up in arms about such disloyalty then I assume you'll ll be booing Daisy Thomas every time he gets the ball. After all he did the same thing in reverse. Pies looked after him through his injured ankle then he left to come here. Hate to think our supporters were hypocrites. As far as loyalty goes, the same people, and the club, would be quick to want to flick him if he starts to struggle.

The fact we're getting no compo means he hasn't exactly gone for the money, just the security of the extra year. Anyone on here do differently under the same circumstances? I bet not.

It's free agency, we'll win some but we'll lose some too. Supporters need to get over it.

Some posters don't listen. The issue isn't the fact that he has gone. The issue is that he had failed to find consistency with us for years when we were screaming for it, then when we find some intensity, he is out the door. Thomas got the best out of himself at Collingwood and they won a flag with him there. What did we get out of Waite? Exactly what did Waite do to further Carlton's chances of success while he was here?

It's not a loyalty thing, it's the fact that it feels like Waite's time at Carlton amounts to a massive waste of time. Always hoping he would string a couple of good years together, always teased because of his immense talent.

I reckon I'm going to lose it if posters keep calling other posters hypocrites because of the Daisy Thomas free agency. Eddie Betts gave us a lot more effort than Waite did. Most wished him well when he left. We didn't become hypocrites overnight. Look deeper.

Also have a think about why the club and coach appear to be so annoyed.

Some posters don't listen. The issue isn't the fact that he has gone. The issue is that he had failed to find consistency with us for years when we were screaming for it, then when we find some intensity, he is out the door. Thomas got the best out of himself at Collingwood and they won a flag with him there. What did we get out of Waite? Exactly what did Waite do to further Carlton's chances of success while he was here?

It's not a loyalty thing, it's the fact that it feels like Waite's time at Carlton amounts to a massive waste of time. Always hoping he would string a couple of good years together, always teased because of his immense talent.

I reckon I'm going to lose it if posters keep calling other posters hypocrites because of the Daisy Thomas free agency. Eddie Betts gave us a lot more effort than Waite did. Most wished him well when he left. We didn't become hypocrites overnight. Look deeper.

Also have a think about why the club and coach appear to be so annoyed.

Add the fact that we are getting zero compensation for him .

He's left one employer for another, simple as that. We all do it.

There was also going to come a time when Carlton won't offer him another contract, like all clubs do with any ageing player, so not sure why the player can't pull the trigger first.

Furthermore, at 31 I don't see how Waite fits in to how future plans. We're re-building, we'll be doing very well to play finals over the next 2 years, let alone push for a flag.

So good luck to Waite. The Blues will move on, opens up opportunities for younger players who really are our future.

Add the fact that we are getting zero compensation for him .

That's just an accurate summing up of Waite at Carlton. Got paid more than his results demanded. Then he leaves with the promise of performing for someone else, and we get no compensation. It's just a case of cutting your losses with Waitey.

best thing for club and player really... there are not many that think the blues will challenge for a flag in the next two years so he is really no loss at all.
what the blues gain:
a compo pick?
room in the rehab shed
more games into young kpf's

what waite gains
an extra year contact (which he would have got at the blues if he performed in 2015 anyway)
a slim shot at a premiership

what the blues loose
hmmm

what waite loses
some one club integrity
mick's friendship

Remove this Banner Ad

Back