Past Josh Bootsma

Remove this Banner Ad

Bootsma to play for Peel
"The decision was made for personal reasons rather than footballing reasons to be closer to his family and to his partner and where they'll be living," the representative said.

"We've gone to South Fremantle and asked on compassionate grounds whether they'll agree to clear him to Peel and at this stage that all looks fine. They understand our reasoning and look like they'll be able to make that happen.

"Josh is keen to come back and play. The focus for him after what happened has all been around his partner and the birth of their first child and family, and really trying to get all of that right first before football.

"When he gets over to Perth, then he'll turn his focus back to footy and having a crack at it with Peel."

"One of the things we've discussed with Peel is to get him straight into work as well," he said. "He started an apprenticeship before he was drafted, but we're probably going to look to get him into normal work initially with a view to starting up his apprenticeship again after the footy season."
Bootsma to play for Peel

Josh Bootsma strives to get life back on track
"Obviously what I did was wrong and I have to live with it now for the rest of my life," Bootsma said.

"It was definitely hard but having my partner there and the birth of the baby took all that stuff away," Bootsma said.

"He can't slash his wrists," Brad said.

"You've got to move on in life.

"He's understanding that he's got to gain some respect back through a lot of people, me also."
Josh Bootsma strives to get life back on track

https://au.news.yahoo.com/video/watch/24433403/bootsma-speaks-out-over-photo-scandal/

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Bootsma.....a leader.....I've seen it all now.

Would love to see what Curnow would be like with Bootsma's natural ability.

and this about the Hawthorn Garlett

Garlett, who walked out on Hawthorn last year without playing a game and became a methylamphetamine addict, is in jail after last month pleading guilty to burglary and stealing. He was remanded in custody after facing Fremantle Magistrate's Court and is due back in court next month.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back