Past player - Kevin Caton (1988)

Remove this Banner Ad

Kevin Caton

7892836728_2a5e338c5d_m.jpg

DOB: 5/10/1965

Height: 183 cm

Weight: 76 kg

Playing number: 11

Arrived: Recruited from Swan Districts prior to the 1988 season.

Debut: Round 18, 1988 vs Melbourne– 42nd Eagles player

Games: 1

Goals: 1

Departed: Delisted at the end of the 1988 season.

Originally from Darwin, Kevin Caton was playing for Swan Districts when he was recruited by John Todd (along with half of the Swans team) to West Coast for the 1988 season.

The athletic utility managed just one game, at Subiaco against the Demons. He kicked a goal from his 12 possessions but couldn’t maintain his spot and was ultimately delisted at the end of the season.

Fitzroy then picked up Caton in the pre-season draft and he played 9 games for the Lions before shifting to Brisbane for the 1990 season and playing 8 games in maroon and yellow.

After leaving Brisbane Caton returned to Swan Districts, where he won the Bernie Naylor medal as the WAFL’s leading goalscorer in 1992.

Where is he now? Caton makes guest appearances on the Marngrook Footy Show and plays in the annual Chris Mainwaring charity match.

Love Kev. Received some good advice from him once "stop eating so much carrot and salad crap, you need to sustain your energy in footy matches..." :D

Kev coached the league team for CWP in 2009 and 2010. With his younger brother taking over in 2011 and coaching again in 2012. He was forwards coach for West Perth in 2011. Don't think he's involved at WAFL or WAAFL level this year. Thinks he is at Mt Lawley juniors helping with his sons junior team.

me too, i didnt think there would be a single eagle i didnt remember at all, i follow the list pretty closely and always have, but there you go

to be fair, i was 11 years old when he was delisted

If I remember correctly, in his only game he broke a finger and then never got another go.

He could sure play, but he never translated it to the VFL / AFL. Did pretty well for the Duckies.

Think he dated Toddy's daughter at one stage ( engaged ? ).

Remove this Banner Ad

Back