Past Player - Lachlan Roach

Remove this Banner Ad

Re: Rookie Draft Selection #49 - Lachlan Roach

725217-lachlan-roach-north-.jpg

Best I can do for an image of this guy. Definitely the most "unknown" of our rookie selections.

Height: 178cm
Weight: 69kg
DOB: 25/04/92
Club: North Adelaide (SA)

Bio: Lightly built small forward from North Adelaide. Played some great games for the Roosters in the SANFL under-18 competition.

In his own words
What type of player are you?
Hard running skilful midfielder that changes up forward and plays as a small-crumbing forward.

Which AFL player do you feel you resemble and why?
Dale Thomas - lightly built, runs very hard, gains many possessions, good skills, plays through midfield, however can go forward and kick goals.

What are your strengths as a footballer?
High work rate, reflex handballs, clean takes, good skills.

What parts of your game would you like to improve?
Strength - being able to hold the ball in and not be pushed off the ball.

Which AFL team do you support and how did you come to barrack for them?
Port Adelaide. My favourite player was Gavin Wanganeen, who moved from Essendon to captain them, so I followed him across.

Who has been the biggest influence on your career so far, and why?
My father because he played at an elite level himself. I have always looked up to him. He has always helped me with my football, been honest with my performances and given me every opportunity to succeed.

Another Port supporter we've brought into the fold!!

Sounds like a bit of a left-field selection from MR here, will be very interesting to see how he goes (especially if he can put on a bit of weight...)

Sounds like a bit of a left-field selection from MR here, will be very interesting to see how he goes (especially if he can put on a bit of weight...)

Last speculative skinny kid like this that i can recall was one Brodie Martin...hopefully Roach follows in his footsteps:thumbsu:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I've played with him, but he is couple years younger than me. He is a hard worker and a great athlete. I dont know if he is AFL standard but his body has a lot of developing so who knows. I would certainly consider this a shock selection. Who cares if we get it wrong though, good luck to him.

I've played with him, but he is couple years younger than me. He is a hard worker and a great athlete. I dont know if he is AFL standard but his body has a lot of developing so who knows. I would certainly consider this a shock selection. Who cares if we get it wrong though, good luck to him.

Just wondering if you can tell us if he is super quick and agile? Also wondering what his crumbing and goalkicking is like?

Thanks for your information. Lets hope we can find at least one quality forward crumber from him or Milera.

Height: 178cm
Weight: 69kg
DOB: 25/04/92
Club: North Adelaide (SA)

Bio:
Who has been the biggest influence on your career so far, and why?
My father because he played at an elite level himself. I have always looked up to him. He has always helped me with my football, been honest with my performances and given me every opportunity to succeed.

Was Tony Lachlan's dad? I remember him playing at North many years ago. Was a fair player too.

Was Tony Lachlan's dad? I remember him playing at North many years ago. Was a fair player too.

yep - tony is lachlan's father and a proud one as well. he's pretty quick, agile, nimble and with a solid football brain.
apparently a few other clubs had had a look at lachlan through the year including hawtorn and west coast.

Re: Rookie Draft Selection #49 - Lachlan Roach (Jumper #42)

Does anyone have, or able to find, any video highlights of Lachlan playing? I emailed David Burtenshaw requesting they put highlights of him on afc website. but so far there's nothing.

Re: Rookie Draft Selection #49 - Lachlan Roach (Jumper #42)

Very raw but his highlights looks very impressive. As SydCrow said, he has nice skills and mobility and he can kick a goal, and he also appears to be very strong overhead for his size:thumbsu:. I initially thought that he was a small forward but he could easily play midfield with some development.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back