Past Luke Mitchell

Remove this Banner Ad

His draft position doesn't really do him justice with basically a couple of games in finals to go on after an injury ravaged year as we know. This bloke could be anything, he has the tools that could make him a very solid player in the AFL at the very least.

There were many people who had Mitchell going far earlier in their rankings/phantoms, so I think we were lucky to get him where we did especially because he fills a need. I have a really positive feeling about his chances of making it, he has this presence and attitude that makes you believe that he will make it.

Carlton's Luke Mitchell injures good shoulder

Carlton development coach Darren Harris confirmed to Leader Mitchell’s left shoulder had broken down in a tackling drill mishap.

Mitchell was just weeks away from starting full training.

Harris said an operation was not required but said he would face a delayed start to his first AFL season.

Carlton's Luke Mitchell injures good shoulder

FFS. :(

I'm sure we're doing the right thing by Mitchell who is a young player, but I'm a cynic, so I suspect we're putting off another operation until the end of the year. :eek:

Kudos to Sam Landsberger for doing the job of Carltonfc.com.au and giving us the information on our player.

Today's training session.

30762585.jpg

Kreuzer's a gun.

Mitchell is huge.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Didn't require surgery this time apparently. That's good but bloody hell I hope they're managing him properly.

That's good news and it's good to see him still out there. They will know how to manage it especially after dealing with Walker's shoulders for so long now.

I agree with the Dawes comment. The kid (yes, he is still a kid) is huge, and from all reports he has great hands in marking contests, so I am looking forward to him parking himself in the goal-square and simply pushing defenders out of his way to take some strong grabs. As someone else said too, he is almost like the icing on the cake from this draft. It seems that we have a great young key position defender in Watson, and McCarthy is very highly rated too. Duigan has looked good as well, and from what I hear, McInnes can go alright as well. That alone looks like a very successful draft for us, but when you throw in a guy like Mitchell who can potentially be a dominant key forward, that takes this draft potentially into amazing territory. I can't wait to see in 2 or 3 years how these guys have all developed.

Very true mate. When you add Curnow, it makes our drafting look even better. Obviously it is still early, and not all of them have played yet, but the signs are all great and people seem to talk very highly of all these guys. It really is a great time to be a Blues fan.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back