Traded #46: Josh Jenkins - Kinda badass

Remove this Banner Ad

Lotch

Club Legend
Mar 26, 2008
Melbourne
AFL Club
Essendon
Josh Jenkins - A new ruck man recruited in the rookie draft and given the number 46.

Essendon Player Profile

jenk.jpg

THE ESSENTIAL INFORMATION
Height: 199cm
Weight: 104kg
Date of birth: 8/2/1989
Previous Club(s): Lake Boga
Recruited From: 2010 Rookie Draft, selection 12

Essendon Player Profile

Not a lot of information on him is available on the Essendon website:confused:

Questionnaire from his old clubs website

Link

Nick name(s): JJ
Born: Feb 8, 1989
Premierships: Multiple in junior footy
Career highlight: First senior match at 14
Most admired player: Matthew Richardson, Dean Cox
Favourite AFL Club: Richmond
My look alike: Unknown
On a road trip I would take: Everything from my room
Most prized possession: Australian Basketball Team trophy
Favourite Drink: Banana Big M
If I could be anyone in the world it would be: Anyone rich and famous but not in rehabilitation
Best Movie: Year of the Yao
If I could star in my own TV show what would it be about: American Sports
Favourite Singer/Band: Lloyd Banks
Most Prized Possessions: As above
Sporting dream (non-football): Win a Finals MVP and Championship with the Atlanta Hawks or Atlanta Falcons
Best spot to relax: In bed
Brush with fame: None that are funny
Personal Motto: While your not working hard someone else is
Good luck charm: Tape around each finger
Best buy: 70% off a TV
Worst mistake: Not playing TAC Cup
Cannot live without: Food and water
Preferred pet: Husky or St. Bernard
Favourite song: On Fire – Lloyd Banks
Favourite form of exercise: Running hills or core stability

Link

Re: 46. Josh Jenkins

Another profile and questionnaire from before the draft.

Link

Joshua Jenkins
10:59 AM Sun 10 Oct, 2010
jenkins_joshx.jpg

Height: 197cm
Weight: 104kg
DOB: 08/02/89
Club: Lake Boga (Vic)

Bio: Towering ruckman who is blindingly fast for his size. Averaged 1.5 goals a game for Lake Boga in his VFL district.

In his own words
What type of player are you?

I am an athletic and agile ruckman. I can also play as a key position or floating forward.

Which AFL player do you feel you resemble and why?
Mitch Clark.

What are your strengths as a footballer?
I have good speed and athletic ability for a ruckman. I also have good skills.

What parts of your game would you like to improve?
I would like to improve my feel for the game which is missing due to a lack of recent match practise.

Which AFL team do you support and how did you come to barrack for them?
Richmond - I’ve followed them since I can remember.

Who has been the biggest influence on your career so far, and why?
The current AFL players and my teammates have both had an influence on my career so far.

Link

Highlights

[YOUTUBE]Rl3HxX38J_s[/YOUTUBE]

Played in one of the first round NAB Cup games.

First game - stats against St Kilda
Jenkins had 0 disposals
4 hit outs
Dream team score: 8
Super Coach score: 17

Fanfooty Profile

Hirds thoughts on the new recruits after Round 1 of the NAB Cup:

Link

Hird praises Bombers' fight
Martin Boulton February 20, 2011
svHIRD-420x0.jpg

Hird said there was also ''lots of terrific efforts'' from the new players on the list. ''Alex Browne, [Michael] Hibberd, [Dyson] Heppell, [Luke] Davis and [Josh] Jenkins all got a touch of the footy and I really liked the way they seemed to fit into football pretty easily.
''There's four or five guys we're confident will play senior footy for us this year and that was the most pleasing side of the individual aspect for me.''

Full article

Josh has also been named in the squad to play against Melbourne in the NAB Cup qualifying final.

I follow him on twitter... very wise head on young shoulders, seems a very genuine bloke.

Looking forward to seeing how he goes for Bendigo this season, will be very handy up forward as well as in the ruck.

The lake Bogan!

:p Played his first game for Bendigo

Link

After playing in the first round of the NAB Cup, defender Luke Davis and ruckman Josh Jenkins impressed for Bendigo, and Grant suggested both would be in calculations for an AFL call-up in the home and away season.

“And Josh hasn’t played a lot of footy, but to get the experience he’s got in the last three weeks at AFL and VFL level will be great for his development,” he said.

Link

I think his love for the club will bring the best in him, as if you'd want to leave that environment!

Well, the whole club will be leaving that environment. :p

Just need to make sure there's separate locker rooms at Tulla as well.

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/sport/a...-for-grand-final/story-e6frf9jf-1226152226190

It comes as Essendon confirmed rookie player Joshua Jenkins fronted the AFL yesterday over allegations of scalping.

"The club confirms rookie Josh Jenkins met with the AFL in relation to the on-selling of AFL Grand Final tickets," a Bombers spokeswoman said.

What a guy. AFLPA will be pissed at him. (AFL are trying to cut the amount of the tickets given to AFL players for well the above)

Impressive. With his first opportunity to attend a GF as an AFL player he instead opts to sell his ticket for some extra cash.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

A few clubs interested in Jenko.

Link
Essendon has fight to keep ruckman Josh Jenkins
Jay Clark Herald Sun October 04, 2011 9:55PM

ESSENDON faces a fight to keep project ruckman Josh Jenkins. It is believed at least five clubs, including Gold Coast and Adelaide, are interested in the 196cm rookie.

From Lake Boga, Jenkins impressed for Bendigo in the VFL but remains fourth in Essendon's ruck queue behind Paddy Ryder, David Hille and Tom Bellchambers.
Link

Would rather keep him but he is 4th in line at the moment while Hille is still around. If another clubs wants to trade for him they must put him straight on their senior list giving him plenty of opportunites next season. If we can get a draft p[ick for him Id be happy with that.

Can't see why GC want another ruckman... they have Smith, Fraser, Gorringe, Hickey already...

Off to Adelaide for better opportunities and the club managed to upgrade a draft pick in the process.

Link
The Bombers did manage some late business, shipping rookie-listed ruck prospect Josh Jenkins and pick 41 to Adelaide in return for pick 31 in the upcoming draft.

Jenkins, who is yet to play an AFL match, was struggling for opportunity with the Bombers heavy on ruckmen.

"Josh will leave the club with our best wishes as he endeavours to explore senior level opportunities with Adelaide," Bombers football manager Paul Hamilton said.

"We are pleased that we now have a second round pick at 31 and we wish Josh all the best for his future."
Link

This really is the best outcome for both parties.

Josh gets a chance on a senior list. We clear out a ruck spot for Daniher come 2013.

Hard to see Him getting a game over Ryder and Bellchambers in the future. And as soon as Hille retires, you have Joe come in to take his place.

Sad to see Josh go after only 1 season, he was a very mature and interesting guy. Lets hope he is able to get some game time as a back up to Sam Jacobs at the Crows.

No doubt we will have to draft a ruckman in the rookie draft to replace him now....lets hope they go with Tom Campbell from the bendigo Bombers

Remove this Banner Ad

Back