Paul Little To Ask Govt To Not Reissue Show Cause Notices

Remove this Banner Ad

mottrain

Premiership Player
Suspended
Apr 21, 2014
AFL Club
Geelong
As mentioned on 3aw Little's likely to ask the Sports Minister Peter Dutton to not reissue showcause notices should the club be successful in getting them overturned in the federal court judgement.

What are your thoughts?

To me it is unlikely as the government was wanting this to get resolved hence their desire to fix up parts of ASADA soon after getting into office and Andrusken's tenure elapsing. Secondly they take this route then WADA will come down and Australian sporting organisations in general will suffer badly because of this.

If they are guilty then they should be re-issued. If they can prove they were innocent then they shouldn't be.

So my thoughts are Paul Little is a moron.

Umm Paul doesn't appear to understand much about ASADA being an Independent statutory body?

ASADA determines this free from influence of the sports minister or will governments now decide who to pursue for doping?

Surely not? The irony of trying to get one case thrown out using government interference as one of the reasons and then asking for government interference to prevent a re-investigation.

Surely not? The irony of trying to get one case thrown out using government interference as one of the reasons and then asking for government interference to prevent a re-investigation.
Exactly he has really rubbed people up the right way. Would wholly expect him to complain when the government tells him no or the judge at a stage uses it against him.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

What are your thoughts on Paul Little asking for this in regards to Essendon and Australian sport?
I have already seen one thread this morning about 3AW that was completely wrong, and another thread by an outraged poster that didn't even mention this. Do we have any kind of confirmation he actually said it, and what was actually said so we can have some kind of context, or is that too much to ask?

On the face of it, asking a Minister to stop SC notices is ridiculous, because ASADA are an independent body and therefore the entire idea is nonsensical. So yeah, a little clarification and context would be nice.

Should it be merged with your Government interference thread or is that just to focus on bad Government involvement for Essendon?
see my post above.

Government should have ZERO interference in the workings of a body like ASADA because they are independent. So more than happy for it to be merged and discussed in the thread designed for that discussion - if it turns out that's what happened. Sounds a bit odd to me

It works for Toll so why wouldn't he think it might work for Essendon?

I suppose it is easy for me to say from the cheap seats, but Little seems like a pretty unimpressive presence. It just goes to show how easy it is to push around the government of the day and the unions in this country if this fella is a mover and shaker.

As mentioned on 3aw Little's likely to ask the Sports Minister Peter Dutton to not reissue showcause notices should the club be successful in getting them overturned in the federal court judgement.

What are your thoughts?

To me it is unlikely as the government was wanting this to get resolved hence their desire to fix up parts of ASADA soon after getting into office and Andrusken's tenure elapsing. Secondly they take this route then WADA will come down and Australian sporting organisations in general will suffer badly because of this.

Really? Even if he did ask what relevance/effect would it have?

Seems like a strange likelihood to me. Surely the Government will do as it sees fit - We decided not reissue SC notices because Paul Little asked us to -wont get much airplay the way all this has gone down one wouldn't think.

Something to postulate on the radio about in between ads I guess.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back