Traded Pearce Hanley (2007-2016)

Remove this Banner Ad

our best player , and I mean it
even with everyone on the park , this guy is a hard nose jet

Hard nosed absolutely, tough as they come physically (played with a broken hand from memory), and tough as they come mentally (5 year deal, leave the homesickness to the squibs!)

When on song is going to be incredibly hard to stop - just too good.

Great game from Pearce at the weekend, nice to see him developing as a full-time mid.

I'd be very surprised if there hadn't at least been an initial approach from the Lions to his younger brother Cian. Probably not the same level of hype around him but he won an under 18 All-Ireland championship last year as a 16/17 year old and is the team captain this year.

http://www.independent.ie/sport/gae...als-hanley-leads-mayo-fightback-30393621.html

Great game from Pearce at the weekend, nice to see him developing as a full-time mid.

I'd be very surprised if there hadn't at least been an initial approach from the Lions to his younger brother Cian. Probably not the same level of hype around him but he won an under 18 All-Ireland championship last year as a 16/17 year old and is the team captain this year.

http://www.independent.ie/sport/gae...als-hanley-leads-mayo-fightback-30393621.html
And Jason Forkan? Surely a marketers dream, can see the "Forkan Brilliant" signage everywhere! :D

http://www.independent.ie/sport/gaelic-games/gaelic-football/connacht-mfc-semifinals-hanley-leads-mayo-fightback-30393621.html

We haven't had a lot of success with brothers - Bradshaw had a brother; Brown had a brother.

We haven't had a lot of success with brothers - Bradshaw had a brother; Brown had a brother.

Brett Voss wasn't too to bad, an honest battler that carved out a decent little career a lot like Graeme Osborne at Fitzroy despite the illustrious carved out by their more heralded brothers.

Those Scott brothers were rubbish though.;)

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Why isn't he being talked about as All Australian worthy?

I believe Pearce, Tom Rockliff, Joel Patfull and possibly Stefan Martin all should legitimately be spoken about.

Unfortunately I can't see any one of them making it due to the blinkers worn by the match selection committee.

2) Han the Man

While Gold Coast sulked like sunbathers on Surfers Paradise as the torrential storm loomed at the Gabba, Pearce Hanley shone, relishing the onset of horizontal rain reminiscent of his native County Mayo. There were discussions before the game about whether the Irishman would be tagged by the Suns and within seven minutes not doing so looked a mistake. He set up the first goal from Michael Close and drove repeated forward 50s. The Irishman finished the game with 45 touches, three goal assists and two goals, the second of which came after he started a chain of possessions and finished off with a left foot snap following a 100m run. He deservedly won the Marcus Ashcroft Medal as best afield.

Apparently he gained over a 1000m for the game which I think is pretty much unheard of. Does anyone know what the record is? Has any player been able to achieve this figure in recent times?

Apparently he gained over a 1000m for the game which I think is pretty much unheard of. Does anyone know what the record is? Has any player been able to achieve this figure in recent times?

They mentioned it in the coverage. They said that before last night, only two players had done that; Hanley and Joel Bowden (who gained over 1100m).

Now Pearce has done it twice. :)

I believe Pearce, Tom Rockliff, Joel Patfull and possibly Stefan Martin all should legitimately be spoken about.

Unfortunately I can't see any one of them making it due to the blinkers worn by the match selection committee.

Rockliff will make it easy, as long as he plays out the season. Hes averaged the most disposals bar Ablett, and 10 tackles a game. CANT miss it.

As good as it gets for Pearce

BRISBANE star Pearce Hanley cannot recall playing too many better games than his brilliant best-on-ground performance in QClash 8 at the Gabba on Saturday night. Pearce Hanley was everywhere against the Suns. The Irishman was the worthy winner of the Marcus Ashcroft Medal after spearheading the Lions’ comprehensive 54-point victory over the Gold Coast to all but wipe out the Suns’ finals hopes.

Hanley finished with 45 disposals, nine clearances, 11 inside 50 entries, two goals and three goal assists to highlight why he is considered a genuine AFL A-lister in the making. When the match was ever so briefly in the balance, it was Hanley who revelled in not being tagged to break the contest wide open with his line-breaking run-and-carry and penetrating kicking.“It was definitely up there,’’ Hanley said when asked if it was his career-best game. “I had a few more clanger kicks than I would have liked but I suppose I played OK. “I had a good pre-season but I didn’t start the season like I wanted to. I feel like I’m building nicely.’’
346590-01992010-1562-11e4-9008-27f67b099eee.jpg

Remove this Banner Ad

Back