Pendles for rising star

Remove this Banner Ad

vella91

Debutant
May 6, 2007
Reservoir
AFL Club
Collingwood
Hey guys, im new here and just wanted to put it out there that Scott Pendlebury has to be one of the contenders for rising star. He is leading the eligible rising stars of 2007 in disposals, kicks, handballs, marks and is coming 4th in tackles. This boy is going to be a champ one day. I wouldnt usually say this but Andrew Hudson hit the nail right on the head on saturday night with saying that he is a Dal Santo type player . P.S I personally hate Andrew Hudson and the rest of the Channel 10 commentary team. except blighty:D

He is certainly one of the main contenders at this stage but there is a long way to go and a few contenders are starting to put there hand up. Remember what happened to Murphy last year.

I personally like ryder aswell because of how unigue his role on the field is but the thing about pendlebury is that he looks so composed on the ground when hes got the ball, like hes still playing domestic footy. Personally it feels like hes been playing for 3 years not 1 and 6 rounds.

Ricky Petterd's first 2 games have been 20= disposals, and he led the AFL in marks this week, will get a nomination very soon

Pendlebury looks a great one for the future too, will break some games open this year

essendon fans and their dumbass biased comments always amuse me:thumbsu: keep up the good work essenscums

edit. petterd is awesome in me DT, but i dont think he will do as well or even get a game when melbourne gets their team back

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Some comments by Essendon fans are schockers, but same with every team and i dont think the Ryder comment is way outa line. For a bloke who is just 19, and very light Ryder is bloody good. His kicking skills are awesome, tap work brilliant getting 40% hit outs to advantage and marking ability very good. Pendlebury at this stage has more influence on the game, but as a midfielder thats expected, as tall's take longer to develop. Both are rising stars, and depending on what way the judges see it both are good shots at the prize.

But one thing, what's the big deal about winning it? If your team's player doesnt win but your still very confident he is going to be a star, then it shouldnt bother you at all. Who needs the media to tell them who is good?

Some comments by Essendon fans are schockers, but same with every team and i dont think the Ryder comment is way outa line. For a bloke who is just 19, and very light Ryder is bloody good. His kicking skills are awesome, tap work brilliant getting 40% hit outs to advantage and marking ability very good. Pendlebury at this stage has more influence on the game, but as a midfielder thats expected, as tall's take longer to develop. Both are rising stars, and depending on what way the judges see it both are good shots at the prize.

But one thing, what's the big deal about winning it? If your team's player doesnt win but your still very confident he is going to be a star, then it shouldnt bother you at all. Who needs the media to tell them who is good?

very good point, its not like pearce and raines are better then Heath Shaw.:thumbsu:

but it sure makes the winner feel better though

no he's not. And Pendlebury has had a year in the system.

pendlebury has way better disposal skills than selwood, they are different players, selwood goes at it harder, and pendlebury had like what 5 more games then selwood?

ypu cant really compare any two players who play differently but since we have to
Pendlebury > Selwood

Haha that is the biggest joke I have ever heard. Pathetic.

Fool. Do you know anything about football at all? If Ryder and Pendlebury got injured, Ryder would be missed more. Totally mucks up our structure. Much easier to replace a midfielder/ Half back flanker than a Ruckmen/ Key Position player. Both are elite talents but i'd choose Ryder over him every time. Players like Ryder don't come around every year. I think people forget that he was an underaged player in 2005 and still went at 7. He is the same age as Hawkins and co. Not only has he improved this year but he has put in 6 very consistant performances and will only get better as he bulks up. No doubt Pendlebury will be a very good player as well but Ryder has the edge on him.

Pendles - contributing to a side in the top 4 and filling a hole we had ie midfield.

Ryder - 4th tall in a supposed all star backline. If he is so important why did you get Michael? Fact is I reckon he looks good but don't BS with this structure thing.

As for this:

benrey_demons Ricky Petterd's first 2 games have been 20= disposals, and he led the AFL in marks this week, will get a nomination very soon

Who is this Petterd? Plays for Melbourne by the look of it, no chance, no one goes to watch them so the AFL will not waste a nomination on him.

Fool. Do you know anything about football at all? If Ryder and Pendlebury got injured, Ryder would be missed more. Totally mucks up our structure. Much easier to replace a midfielder/ Half back flanker than a Ruckmen/ Key Position player. Both are elite talents but i'd choose Ryder over him every time. Players like Ryder don't come around every year. I think people forget that he was an underaged player in 2005 and still went at 7. He is the same age as Hawkins and co. Not only has he improved this year but he has put in 6 very consistant performances and will only get better as he bulks up. No doubt Pendlebury will be a very good player as well but Ryder has the edge on him.

Why has Ryder got the edge over Pendlebury? What has he done to get the edge over him? Don't get me wrong but i do rate Ryder and he will be a star but hasn't done anything that pendlebury hasn't done.

Theres this kid no.26 from Geelong forget his name but he looks like he'l give it a shake.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back