People You Look Up To

Remove this Banner Ad

Who do you look up to and why are they of particular importance to you?
Why have they had a major impact in your day to day life?
Do you aspire to be like a person you have never met or is it someone you know personally?

For me it's someone who is prepared to fight against all odds to achieve their goal in a fair and ethical manner. ie. Jessica Watson, Nick Vujicic are just a couple of names. It's about making the most of what you've got and not giving in. It's about being humble and trustworthy, inspiring and relevant.

Also my parents who have raised me on the ideal that anything is possible if you work hard to achieve.

I must say that I find stories of people with disability or hardship particularly inspiring. I just think that when I've got it tough, imagine how hard it must be for them and others. That makes me reflect and go well guess what, pick yourself up and just get on with it, that's what these guys and girls are doing so I can too!

Also people like Eddie Maguire who were brought up in a tough area, worked hard and created their own opportunity to become successful.

Damien Echols
damiens.jpg

Damien, is one of the 'west memphis three', wrongly incarcerated for the murder of three young boys in the mid 90's.
Damien has been on death row ever since, for a crime he did not commit and he and his supporters are still battling for a re-trial.

His outlook on life, the time he's spent in prison and the sheer psyche that he has is a common returning point for me whenever life throws a curveball.

It is amazingly eerie that you should post such a thread RD, for me anyway. Saturday night i was having this exact conversation with a pretty young thing, late, late Saturday night, and I kid you not, her last name is Hopkins.....*cue twilight zone music*.

I have never looked up to anyone in my life. Not one person. Sure i admire people for what they do, especially those in medical fields whom look after the sick and disabled, but look up to, not one.

I have had an amazing, very different and very bizzare at times life, have encountered some amazing people, but no one I can actually say I look up to. By looking up to someone, do you wish you were them, wish you had their qualities, aspire to be them? I'd love to be a Mr. Universe, have the worlds longest d..k, be a millionaire like the bloke up the road.....am full of admiration for these people but look up to them.....no.

Ms Hopkins didn't know what to make of this, couldn't understand. Simple really, we is all diferent.

Bump.

My guy could soon be the 'Hurricane' of our time.

THREE men, known as the West Memphis three, convicted of an infamous murder 17 years ago have been granted a rare opportunity to present new evidence to an Arkansas court.

The Arkansas Supreme Court ordered a lower court yesterday to consider new evidence in the case of the the West Memphis 3 as the men are often called, to determine whether three men should receive a new trial, the Arkansas Times reported.

Damien Echols, Jason Baldwin and Jessie Misskelley were all convicted in 1993 in the headline grabbing murders of three eight-year-old Cub Scouts in West Memphis, Ark., earning them the name the West Memphis 3.

All were teens at the time of their convictions and Echols, now 35, has spent the last 17 years on death row while Baldwin and Misskelley are serving life sentences.

The Supreme Court erred in earlier decisions when it dismissed requests from the three men to consider new evidence in their case. Echols' attorneys argued in a September hearing that they have DNA evidence not available at the time of the trial, as well as testimony that supports arguments that Echols and the two others are innocent.
http://www.heraldsun.com.au/news/br...evidence-hearing/story-e6frf7jx-1225948260676

Now, feel free to add your own. I just wanted to add a little update.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back