Perrie Grrr

Remove this Banner Ad

PAFC2004 said:

I think that's Port Adelaide for - "Congratulations for supporting a side that doesn't lose to Richmond"

I'm just wondering we all know what/how much they drink in Port Adelaide no wonder they have a HUGE premiership hangover!

Perrie is average at best, and has too many poor games. Chad rarely has a bad game.
His skills are getting worse, and he is too slow.

time to get rid of concrete hands, extremely frustrating, sure he presents himself and creates an option. The only marks that he took on friday nights are one that slipped through his hands and fell into his chest. No faith in perrie whatsoever, makes me cringe

PAFC2004 said:
Perrie is average at best, and has too many poor games.

That describes your posting ability pretty much, Average at best and has far to many poor posts, PAFC2004 is getting worse and is far too s-l-o-w.

grugman said:
time to get rid of concrete hands, extremely frustrating, sure he presents himself and creates an option. The only marks that he took on friday nights are one that slipped through his hands and fell into his chest. No faith in perrie whatsoever, makes me cringe

i agree that his hands arent as good as they have been, especially as this is considered as his strength. He also has this habbit of falling down or back into his opponent while hes tying to mark, but instead of trying to mark it with his hands he goes for the chest so it is puched away. I reckon he is actually out of form atm, but has given more than anyone else. Hentschel should go b4 him for a not putting in 100%

Quite often Ian Perrie is up against two opponents because we flood the midfield.

That being the case I think he has done very well to get 12 goals in 7 games.

He has a fearless attack on the footy and always presents himself as a target which is all you can ask from a forward.

We are supposed to have six forwards each game and yet ONLY two have double figues in terms of goals :-

Ian Perrie 12
Scott Welsh 12

Trent Hentschel is the next best forward with 6 goals to his credit.

Both Hayden Skipworth & Andrew McLeod have 9 goals apiece from their forayes forward from the midfield.

So instead of blaming Perrie, Welsh & Hentschel try looking at the other 3 forwards.

It's because we are flooding the midfield which results in less forwards to aim for.

The opposing teams keep there structure intact whereas our HFFers & FPs drop back to the defence & midfield respectively.

Hence, you'll see Crows players galore in our defensive zone and the midfield but only two or three up front.

It's not the fault of Messers Perrie, Welsh & Hentschell that they are up against two or more opponents each time they go for the ball.

Also our delivery of the footy into the forward 50 is nowhere near perfect.

Bomb it long and hope for the best doesn't help us one little bit.

Personally, I'd like to see McGregor given a go at CHF given that he took 108 marks in 19 games in 2004.

I'd replace him at CHB with either Fergus Watts or Trent Hentschel.

ALthough I'd leave this until we have finished the Brisbane game.

I'm not that cruel to throw these young guys up against that huge brute Brown. That's asking for trouble.

It's interesting that Matthew Smith @ 22 years of age has yet to don the Crows jumper and is a CHB for Sturt.

Why we have two 21/22 year old players (Matthew Smith & Joshua Krueger) on our list who haven't even been tried in a game is beyond me.

That's a bit late to be starting an AFL Career IMHO unless you are a ruckman.

Why the hell are they on our list if they never play ?

I know Krueger is continually injured but Smith should atleast be given a go at some stage soon.

We can't really say based on his SANFL form he doesn't warrant a chance when James Begley regularly gets a guernsey with no form whatsoever and hasn't he performed admirally. :rolleyes:

Anyway, I digress a bit.

Given the way we deliver the ball into the forward line & our midfield flooding one shouldn't be too surprised at our forwards lack of success.

PAFC2004 said:
Perrie is average at best, and has too many poor games. Chad rarely has a bad game.

You're being a bit harsh on Chad there...his knee probably will slow him down, but it's hard to say his skills are getting worse when he's been out for 5 weeks. Though he has been pretty poor this season, yes.

Jeez what a harsh thread, of all the Crows players, Ian Perrie trys the hardest. If he ain't taking marks at least he is crashing the packs and providing some sort of contest. And sure his skills may be ridden with flaws, but just stop and think how much entertainment some of those not-so-magical Perrie moments have provided us with over the years!...

I've heard all this talk of Luke Jericho coming back in, even talk of Jericho replacing Perrie: now what would that achieve? We've all had a laugh about how error prone poor Ian can be but have none of these Jericho-backers seen him play in the past couple of years? He generally spends his time sprinting around in circles flapping his arms about seemingly as though he believes playing for the Crows suddenly makes him one and he ought to fly to the next contest. when it comes to general ball-handling co-ordination, Jericho is not even nearly there yet. Even though he's the bloke I dislike most on our team (I guess mainly due to the unfounded hysteria that whips up whenever he's racing towards the ball) I can see that he probably does have a future, but please no talk of him replacing The Dominator, The Enforcer, The Sargemeister: Ian Perrie.

My answer: I agree with those of you leading the call to get the Sloth back in to free up Welshy because Welsh is one of the most important players we've got. Admittedly, he does go off the boil when the situation isn't perfect for him but I've got no doubt that with Stevo in keeping another key backman occupied Welshy will be nearer to the magic machine we know he can be. We could then tinker with a couple of the other smaller players- perhaps give Ladhams another shot?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Perrie is one of the worst players in our side. He is lazy and does not have sticky fingers. However saying this since Modra left the club this has been our weak area. Nothing worng with our midfield, since Micky and Co have been around, our side must be in top 4 for inside 50's. The problem is no target. Mind you, to be fair, our whole forward line is absolute ********house. Welshy is hit and miss too. He must find consistency.
In conclusion, either bring in some new blood, as Perrie and Co- have been around long enough to suggest they have no more potential. Give the younger kids a go, or toss birdman up front, what a champ, fitest guy at club- will always present, and good above head as we all know. I swear we could play a small forward or midfielder out from full forward to better effect than playing perrie.

The Knowledge said:
Perrie is one of the worst players in our side. He is lazy and does not have sticky fingers. However saying this since Modra left the club this has been our weak area. Nothing worng with our midfield, since Micky and Co have been around, our side must be in top 4 for inside 50's. The problem is no target. Mind you, to be fair, our whole forward line is absolute ********house. Welshy is hit and miss too. He must find consistency.
In conclusion, either bring in some new blood, as Perrie and Co- have been around long enough to suggest they have no more potential. Give the younger kids a go, or toss birdman up front, what a champ, fitest guy at club- will always present, and good above head as we all know. I swear we could play a small forward or midfielder out from full forward to better effect than playing perrie.

You're an idiot who clearly started watching the Crows play this year. In fact, calling Perrie lazy makes me think you don't even watch the games at all.

I was sitting around a bunch of middle-aged Demons supporters and Perrie took a bunch of marks and they'd go ... 'Oh geez that Perrie bloke is huge isn't he? He's a good player.' Hehehe if only they knew how much he gets bagged by his own supporters.

jmorg1 they must be easily impressed, cause that wasnt a great game by sarge. I suppose though he is huge when compared to rivers, who is still a stick. I was disappointed he didnt use some muscle against him, infact he doesnt know to use his body at all really.

outback jack said:
we have two new posters it seems, one is a perrie fan and one aint :cool:
No shyte :p

You can accuse Ian Perrie of many things but to accuse him of not working hard enough is the biggest load of crap. If every player worked as hard as Perrie then we would be a better side. Scott Welsh with Ian Perrie's work ethic is a 60 goal forward.

Perrie might not have the skills or the talent of some others, and he would be the first one to admit this, but what Perrie has is great work ethic and heart. Something tht some of his team mates lack

Yeah the fact that Ive played first division in Sydney for the past four years, being leading goal kicker for the past 3 years, as full forward, obviously states that I dont know ******** about the game, or the position he attempts to play.
Im not trying to start a fight with you im just stating my opinion, you dont have to agree or disagree, but dont say I dont know ******** about footy, cause theres a chance I know a ********load more than you. Just because I became a member of this chatroom two days ago and have few posts doesnt mean I dont know anything either, it just means I havent had countless hours in the past, and even now, to write heaps.
Ive also been a fan of the crows since their inception so yeah I didnt start watching footy this year either.....

The Knowledge said:
Yeah the fact that Ive played first division in Sydney for the past four years, being leading goal kicker for the past 3 years, as full forward, obviously states that I dont know ******** about the game, or the position he attempts to play.
Im not trying to start a fight with you im just stating my opinion, you dont have to agree or disagree, but dont say I dont know ******** about footy, cause theres a chance I know a ********load more than you. Just because I became a member of this chatroom two days ago and have few posts doesnt mean I dont know anything either, it just means I havent had countless hours in the past, and even now, to write heaps.
Ive also been a fan of the crows since their inception so yeah I didnt start watching footy this year either.....
Where did I say you don't know ******** about footy?????? :rolleyes:

Nest time have a closer look at Perrie's workrate and post what you see. His work rate cannot be questioned but his ability can.

PERRIEEEEEE!!! said:
Jeez what a harsh thread, of all the Crows players, Ian Perrie trys the hardest. If he ain't taking marks at least he is crashing the packs and providing some sort of contest. And sure his skills may be ridden with flaws, but just stop and think how much entertainment some of those not-so-magical Perrie moments have provided us with over the years!...

I've heard all this talk of Luke Jericho coming back in, even talk of Jericho replacing Perrie: now what would that achieve? We've all had a laugh about how error prone poor Ian can be but have none of these Jericho-backers seen him play in the past couple of years? He generally spends his time sprinting around in circles flapping his arms about seemingly as though he believes playing for the Crows suddenly makes him one and he ought to fly to the next contest. when it comes to general ball-handling co-ordination, Jericho is not even nearly there yet. Even though he's the bloke I dislike most on our team (I guess mainly due to the unfounded hysteria that whips up whenever he's racing towards the ball) I can see that he probably does have a future, but please no talk of him replacing The Dominator, The Enforcer, The Sargemeister: Ian Perrie.

My answer: I agree with those of you leading the call to get the Sloth back in to free up Welshy because Welsh is one of the most important players we've got. Admittedly, he does go off the boil when the situation isn't perfect for him but I've got no doubt that with Stevo in keeping another key backman occupied Welshy will be nearer to the magic machine we know he can be. We could then tinker with a couple of the other smaller players- perhaps give Ladhams another shot?

Welcome aboard.

The Knowledge said:

Welcome aboard.

Stiffy_18 said:
Where did I say you don't know ******** about footy?????? :rolleyes:

Nest time have a closer look at Perrie's workrate and post what you see. His work rate cannot be questioned but his ability can.

So you werent implying anything by saying what you said.
Anyways, lets get over it....

Ive had a think about it, and your right anyways, the guy may not be lazy, hell i havent seen him train or go on time trials. Obviously I havent been to any home game this year, ive only seen one (Sydney SCG) and the matches on fox footy every week.
BUT the reason why i may percieve him as lazy is the fact that he doesnt know how to make a good lead. By saying this, imean he gets caught in two minds on which direction he needs to take on the lead. This ends up with him usually running around in circles or making short silly leads, which makes him SEEM lazy. Agree?

The reason why Perrie cops so much flack, is because we need, and miss a good full forward, and the lack of a key forward since 1998, has been the reason why we have struggled some years (ie/ last), and may have even cost us premierships (2002-3).
Its particularly annoying given the amount of quality ball supplied from midfield.

This is why believe the darkest day in Crows small history is when Modra left for fremantle. :mad:

I'd agree that Perrie is'nt lazy but he has either very good or very bad days with not much in between and not necessarily due to his workrate. I watched one of his bad games recently and whenever he went for a mark it was always one handed and, surprise, he didn't take any marks. Sometimes he was forced under the ball but other times it looked like he almost forgot to put up both both arms. He does'nt have the best hand/eye coordination going round (he takes more marks with his forearms than anyone else I've seen) so he needs everything else going right, especially his head, to do well - but at least he always tries.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back