Perth Drivers are absolutley s**t.

Remove this Banner Ad

I got run off the road because this ******** behind me hit the accelerator in the merging and got half a car-length infront of me in a single lane, Just selfish selfish drivers
also changing lanes, indicator means "let me in" not "speed up so i can go behind you"
worst is the people who DONT let you come in for some strange reason:confused:

No - Indicators are indicators only.... anyone wishing to change lanes must give way to all traffic already in that lane. If someone lets you in then fine but by law they don't actually have to.

I received a summons to court the other day for an accident that happened 2 years ago. The aboriginal Liason officer at Cannington Police station came speeding up behind me doin approx. 100 in a 60 zone almost hit me and then gave me a mouth full and sped off.

We both ended up on the Kenwick Link and we stopped at the lights. She was the first in the queue and I was second. My brother gave her the finger and when we took off through the lights she slammed on her brakes and I plowed up her rear end.

My car was ruined and hers just had a loose bumper and some scratches. Now i'm being sued for 5 grand. Seems to me that bumpers are an expensive commodity nowadays.

I hate people.

Tell the judge about her road rage and then sware black and blue that she reversed into you at the lights.... and hope their aren't any witnesses that say otherwise.

Been in Perth about two years and I am still *ing frustrated (and puzzled) with why people don't move into the intersection when turning right when the light is green. They stop on the line of the traffic lights and then the light goes orange and nobody gets around. *ing does my head in. I have taken to driving around them and stopping in the middle of the intersection, do that all the time on Orrong road when turning into Archer street.

ATTENTION PERTH - Please move into the intersection so we can all get around!!!

And why don't people move once the boom gates are up, they wait for the lights to stop flashing, probably in the right legally but come on people get a move on, you just saw the train go past, the gates are up hit the accelerator!

It is actually a technical driving offence to enter a traffic light controlled intersection if you are unable to clear it in one motion... unlikely to get a ticket though.... but overtaking on the left is likely to get you fined if a cop sees you as you would most likely have to cross the solid white line between the lanes.

Roundabouts - give way to your right and to all traffic that's already in the roundabout. What is so difficult about that?

There is no rule that requires you to give way to your right at a roundabout. Only have to give way to cars already on it and only enter the roundabout if safe (not likely to cause a crash).

There is no rule that requires you to give way to your right at a roundabout. Only have to give way to cars already on it and only enter the roundabout if safe (not likely to cause a crash).

If you can enter the roundabout at the same time you are generally fine, depending obviously on the size of the roundabout. However, anyone within the roundabout will be coming at you from the right, which is where the "give way to the right" comes from.

stop being a bunch of whiney NTTAWWTs. sure there are ________s on the road. there are ________s everywhere. either build a bridge or drink a cup of cement.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Apologies for my average MS Paint skills but trying to explain an act of idiocy two Fridays ago on Orrong Road in the peak hour traffic. Intersection was Davidson St and there was bumper to bumper as a result of the Leach Hwy intersection. There are obviously two queues of cars heading out onto orrong Road, with one queue intending to turn right. I had to wait behind the intersection as you obviously need to keepo the intersection clear while there is a never ending queue of cars in front of you going up to the intersection.

Capture11111111.PNG

So when the cars in front of me start moving as I am starting to pass the intersection, the boofhead in fromt of the queue of cars that should be turning right turns left, nearly getting t-boned by me and cutting off the poor sod who should be turning left onto the road after giving way to me. I know a lot of w***ers on the road but this has gotta take the cake since my return to Perth nearly six months ago. There are some shear, impatient, self-important stupid boofheads that should be getting their licences suspended for their dangerous driving.

I'm amazed at how bad people are at merging in general.

When I see a merging lane coming up I drop back behind the car in the next lane so we can seamlessly merge, but almost inevitably some dickhead drives up next to me so we hit a bottleneck once the merge kicks in :rolleyes:

Saw a great example of ineptitude a couple of months ago (think I posted it here on another thread). Was following a car for a couple of k's and after one set of lights they were in front as the lane merged but decided to hit the brakes to let the other car in front - except that meant the other car had to slam on the brakes to avoid crashing into them.

Literally one set of lights later, no doubt spooked by what had just happened (which spoke volumes about whether they deserved a licence) they made an ill-advised attempt to rectify this with a last ditch effort to take the front position in a merge when they were half a car length behind.

The only reason there wasn't a crash was because the other driver was alert and slammed on the brakes as this mobile chicane tried to sneak in front at the last second. I was the next car back and had to slam on my brakes to avoid a three car pile-up.

Best driving advice I've ever heard - assume every other driver is a moron. The minute you start putting faith in them you're f**ked.

Armadale Rd, right hand lane. There are signs saying '80' but it can't stop dumb *s who regularly cruise along at 70 or under in the right hand lane every day. If you are going to drive like a bloody grandmother keep left.

Armadale Rd, right hand lane. There are signs saying '80' but it can't stop dumb ****s who regularly cruise along at 70 or under in the right hand lane every day. If you are going to drive like a bloody grandmother keep left.
You do realise they aren't legally required to stay left?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

You do realise they aren't legally required to stay left?

It's an etiquette thing though.

Same as how we've invented our own etiquette for roundabouts where you don't indicate at all if you're going straight on. Not technically correct, but it's an understanding that works.

There are far too many old campaigners on the road and I fear the problem is only going to get worse over the next 10 years.

Constantly driving 10km less than other motorists, and taking a friggen eon to turn a corner is bloody dangerous when you have to slow up to avoid running into these old fools.

Since when was that a thing? I've never heard of it.

Really? I reckon 90% of drivers I see don't indicate when going straight. I even see cops do it.

(Or are you talking about the slow lane/fast lane thing?)

Really? I reckon 90% of drivers I see don't indicate when going straight. I even see cops do it.
I'm sure many do. Personally, I see very few fail to indicate.

But when I think of road etiquette, I think of informal rules within the law followed for courtesy to other road users.

Failing to indicate falls outside the law and serves no benefit to other road users, quite the opposite in fact.

It seems bizarre that you bag people cruising legally in the right line thus congesting traffic but are OK with people illegally failing to indicate and thus congesting roundabouts.

People like myself know that you indicate out of roundabouts, so if I don't see you indicating out, I assume you're coming across my path and won't move into the intersection. Yes, I've seen plenty of people come across my path failing to indicate correctly.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back