Pettigrew Looks a Champion

Remove this Banner Ad

as much as i hate to say it i reckon in Pettigrew & Chaplin (& possibly Gilham as the 3rd tall) Ports have their next generation of tall defenders sown up

Pettigrew has nice pace too - i thought he was a great pick up at draft 46 and i was annoyed that we had traded pick 45 for Scott Stevens when i saw that Grew was available

throw in Willitts plus White, (& Cornes & Tredrea are still relatively young) - it seems to me that you mob are 2 years ahead of us in the "rebuilding" stakes as well as still being premiership candidates for at least a few years

and i havent even mentioned the young smaller blokes yet

what a nightmare! :D

johnnypanther said:
as much as i hate to say it i reckon in Pettigrew & Chaplin (& possibly Gilham as the 3rd tall) Ports have their next generation of tall defenders sown up

Pettigrew has nice pace too - i thought he was a great pick up at draft 46 and i was annoyed that we had traded pick 45 for Scott Stevens when i saw that Grew was available

throw in Willitts plus White, (& Cornes & Tredrea are still relatively young) - it seems to me that you mob are 2 years ahead of us in the "rebuilding" stakes as well as still being premiership candidates for at least a few years

and i havent even mentioned the young smaller blokes yet

what a nightmare! :D
When you put it like that...you can understand why Port Adelaide Football Club has dominated South Australian footy for so long :)

Alan Stewart may be able to build you a new side, but there's a fair bit of dead wood to make way first ;)

Grave Danger said:
Alan Stewart may be able to build you a new side, but there's a fair bit of dead wood to make way first ;)
Yep, we are going to have to be patient & turnover a higher than normal amount of players (particularly those mid-age) over the next few years.

On Port's list, what do you see as the biggest weakness? The midfield?

Kane McGoodwin said:
On Port's list, what do you see as the biggest weakness? The midfield?
Yes, but i'd say all our draft picks in the nextfew years will be used to bolster the midfield.

We still have Cornes, Cassisi, Salopek, Ebert, Thomson, Eckermann, Ezard as young midfielders, but hopefully we can use our best picks in the next few years for mifielders. Everywhere else we have covered.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back