MRP / Trib. Pickett elbow on Soligo

Remove this Banner Ad

Bloke is a dead set flog. Simply no explanation for hanging the arm out other than "I want to clip this bloke in the head"

Will only get a week but should be 4 as a repeat offender.
This x100. How many times does this bloke get the opportunity to keep whacking people. It wasn't a massive impact but his history should be taken into account.

Should be graded as intentional, high contact, low impact.

Can’t believe that intentional isn’t an automatic one week suspension. We need to stamp this dirty s**t out.
That is actually a great point. You can get a longer suspension if you accidently collide with someone and cause a concussion than if you snipe someone intentionally and don't cause one.

That is actually a great point. You can get a longer suspension if you accidently collide with someone and cause a concussion than if you snipe someone intentionally and don't cause one.
Yep, if an intentional grading becomes an automatic suspension watch this sort of stuff as well as the gut punches and jumper punches disappear overnight

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Should be nothing but because the AFL hates Melbourne he'll get a week. Our players always seem to be the ones the tribunal loves to make an example of.

I would love for the club to appeal any suspension and use the human frisbee defense.
I think you'll find the AFL hates people throwing late elbows to the head, actually

Should be nothing but because the AFL hates Melbourne he'll get a week. Our players always seem to be the ones the tribunal loves to make an example of.

I would love for the club to appeal any suspension and use the human frisbee defense.
This wouldnt be an anti-Melbourne sentiment because of the precedent of King and Windhager. Pickett pulled the Elbow out and that is something that we should always look to punish. I am not too sure when it changed but I remember in juniors back in the 2000s I was told that if you raise an elbow you will be sent off and rubbed out.

Blatantly high and late. He was lucky, that as in the Bailey Smith incident, his victim wasn’t seriously hurt. No thanks to Pickett though.

He’s a serial offender this faux tough guy. Just doesn’t get it. 2 weeks.

Last edited:
I get supporting your club and its players but how on earth do you reasonably look at the Maynard one and go he needs a long ban, and Pickett you say "nothing to see here, move along".

Like we've gone from being a one-eyed supporter to being an actual blind one.

This wouldnt be an anti-Melbourne sentiment because of the precedent of King and Windhager. Pickett pulled the Elbow out and that is something that we should always look to punish. I am not too sure when it changed but I remember in juniors back in the 2000s I was told that if you raise an elbow you will be sent off and rubbed out.
He didn't raise the elbow give me a spell

He’ll somehow only get 1 week, not learn his lesson and then go jumping into someone else’s head again later this season. Very clear he wants to hurt players and doesn’t care about the rules. He will seriously hurt someone at some point in his career

At some point the AFL will need to make an example of Pickett. Its obvious he's a try hard little sh!t who is desperate to emulate his famous uncle and iron blokes out.

Pickets continues to elect to jump off the ground and bump players high. In this instance an elbow to the head resulted.

Lucky the impact was not high as it would have broken a jaw if he got him flush. And it's only a matter of time before Pickett does some real damage if he doesn't stop jumping and bumping.

Those saying more than 2 weeks have no idea it would need to be graded as high impact which it wasn’t will be graded as either low impact which is a fine or medium impact which is a week it can’t be anymore than that as soligo wasn’t hurt

I get supporting your club and its players but how on earth do you reasonably look at the Maynard one and go he needs a long ban, and Pickett you say "nothing to see here, move along".

Like we've gone from being a one-eyed supporter to being an actual blind one.

Yep and the biggest absurdity of it all is that the entire system is based off outcome versus intent, when outcome is much more heavily influenced by sheer luck and by the actual individuals in play.

Tu use your example someone like Brayshaw, especially after taking a hit to the head a few minutes earlier like he did against the Pies, could have ended up concussed by this same action, and as a result of repeat concussions sent into retirement. Does this mean the punishment should differ? I think it would be more important to assess the intentionality harsher, for example Pickets elbow is clearly a deliberate move to hurt so that should matter more than the concussion or not.

He didn't raise the elbow give me a spell
Arms raised for the Spoil
1712275918859.png

Arms down and pinned down to make contact
1712275965709.png

Twists the body and positions elbow to be flush with the face. Elbow is now behind the the side on of his torso where in the above picture is was in line
1712276057936.png

Remove this Banner Ad

Back