MRP / Trib. Pickett elbow on Soligo

Remove this Banner Ad

No surprises Melbourne are appealing this. They're a grubby club. What a slap in the face for Gus.

Early pleas used to be a thing. Now there really is no downside in wasting the Tribunal's time by conesting the charge. Maybe the AFL needs to start increasing it by a week.

Pickett is a sniper, needed to be rubbed out for a while
Geez for those calling Pickett a "grub" and a "sniper" for an act that Soligo himself thought there wasn't much in, I'd hate to think what you would've thought about those champions of yesteryear.

If Pickett wanted to he would've lined him up and sent him into next week, it is only by the mercy of Koz that Soligo was able to get up, brush it off and keep playing the game out.

Really glad the club is appealing this, he won't get off the week will stand, but they send the message that we know it is BS.

Geez for those calling Pickett a "grub" and a "sniper" for an act that Soligo himself thought there wasn't much in, I'd hate to think what you would've thought about those champions of yesteryear.

If Pickett wanted to he would've lined him up and sent him into next week, it is only by the mercy of Koz that Soligo was able to get up, brush it off and keep playing the game out.

Really glad the club is appealing this, he won't get off the week will stand, but they send the message that we know it is BS.

Get with the times

Are you for real?
Probably one of the stupidest things I’ve seen written on this board.
“If he wanted to he could have lined him up, it’s only by mercy that Soligo could get up”

Wtf is this s**t? You’ve just had a player retire from too many concussions. Now you’re endorsing what kosi did? He IS a grub. He IS a sniper. He has FORM doing this.

We aren’t in “yesteryear” we are in 2024. Where we KNOW concussions and head injuries are extremely significant.

Now I’ve heard it all. 🤦‍♂️

Last edited:

Penalty should be increased for the audacity to challenge it. The guy clearly has unresolved issues, being in so many controversial bumps and knocks.

Now show some of the king hits from yesteryear that may have caused CTE.

Cos that is way cool.

That should be Finlayson's defence. You think what I said was bad, this is what I would have called him if this happened in the 70s and 80s.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

In today's climate, I do think he's lucky to get a week. I'm surprised we're appealing. But man this game has got so soft. I totally miss the bump in today's game. And I miss the tackling that the game used to have.

There appealing the impact IMO. Bit like the Sicily charge which was downgraded. If it worked for Sicily there probably thinking it could work for Kozi. Played out the game, no after effects etc. don't agree with it but can see what angle there going with.

Are you for real?
Probably one of the stupidest things I’ve seen written on this board.
“If he wanted to he could have lined him up, it’s only by mercy that Soligo could get up”

Wtf is this s**t? You’ve just had a player retire from too many concussions. Now you’re endorsing what kosi did? He IS a grub. He IS a sniper. He has FORM doing this.

We aren’t in “yesteryear” we are in 2024. Where we KNOW concussions and head injuries are extremely significant.

Now I’ve heard it all. 🤦‍♂️
If you can't see the difference between a hit that leads to a concussion and one that doesn't I can't help you. You have no idea if you think what Kozzie did was a "grub" act from a "sniper".

You're right, this isn't yesteryear which is why Kozzie didn't clean him up. And because he didn't clean him up he shouldn't be facing a suspension. That's the point.

He won't get off at the tribunal though which should satisfy your outrage.

Now show some of the king hits from yesteryear that may have caused CTE.

Cos that is way cool.
I didn't say it was cool. What I implied was those acting like Kozzie cleaned up Soligo like Voss on Richardson are having a laugh. Even Soligo said there wasn't much in it, he barely brushed him. Don't let that quell your outrage though 🙄

Kysaiah Pickett's written statement:

My intention was to catch the ball. I collided with Soligo and then followed the ball to make the next contest until the umpire blew the whistle. I had no intention of bumping Soligo, I was trying to intercept the ball in the air.

1712649301448.png

Kysaiah Pickett's ban has been upheld. He'll miss this week's game against Brisbane.

AWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW

Remove this Banner Ad

Back