VFL Pies v Dons

Remove this Banner Ad

hope we get the chance to draft nyko in midseason. Could be anything type. His play type is Warner Bros Tassie Devil.
Looks a likely type. I like Foley . He keeps getting better.

Decent quarter . Had all the play but kicked a lot of points.

Shiel good but he is basically playing the same role as Parish .
Tsatas still getting a bit of the footy but like Shiel where does he get in right now.

Roberts very good.

Hayes doing what he does.

Weideman solid in defence.

Caddy quiet.

He doesn't have the skill and grace of the great man but he does have a rude side step and an instinct for things that seem well beyond what his ability appears to be.
Looks a tricky matchup with his size and movement. No easy thing but as one of the commentators mentioned needs to develop a little polish.

Looks a tricky matchup with his size and movement. No easy thing but as one of the commentators mentioned needs to develop a little polish.
Just a little 🙂
He is like a crazy giraffe 🦒

(Log in to remove this ad.)

1/2 Time.

I'm still not impressed with Tsatas. He's playing inside and grinding the game out well but there has been no value for his possessions.

Lual and Roberts are the stand outs for me. Lual clean with the ball and decisive. Stands his ground in a contest. Roberts is everywhere. Part of the reason I didn't comment on him in the first quarter is because he is playing on the wing on the same side of the ground as the camera filming the game. I looked at his stats and he only had it 4 times to quarter time. He's everywhere and it's not because he follows the ball. He works extremely hard to hold position on the wing to always be that outlet. He's impressive.

Vigo did a few more nice things that quarter. Ran a small down for HTB. Kicked a goal used his body a bit. He handles the ball really well and it very clean by hand and foot. He's playing deep forward and only a little on ball and his overall numbers reflect that.

Bryan playing well but it's not more than the numbers. He really needs to impose himself and destroy Begg now. Enough of the finness. Smash the ball forward.

Tex continues to look shard when he is in the play but the ball just isn't following him around. Should have just had that shot he passed off to Shiel. We're getting full value for his possessions. His kicking has been really good.

Hayes has not had a stack to do. The thing that I will take from his game is that he is running with McInnes on the lead and McIness is a very quick play. I like that.

Of the VFL guys Hartley continues to be the stand out mid on the ground (although he missed a snap for goal he really should have kicked). He is very clean with the ball despite winning a lot of hardball.

Foley has something about him. Moves well, has decent skills and always seems to make the right decision, come out on top. I don't have a specific passage of play in mind, and I'm not really familiar with him, but it's very much 'there his is again', 'that was good, oh yeah it was him again'.

I also like Nyko. Looks like he plays and he looks like Lachie Jones. Does not have that level of power but he's very dynamic and clean with the ball.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back