Opinion Politics (warning, may contain political views you disagree with)

Remove this Banner Ad

Looks like the terrorist group Hamas might get there wish all out war in the middle east, what will Albo do considering who our allies will be.
It’s Iran that has primed the situation by sending Hamas to do their dirty work, hoping a high number of civilian casualties would turn Israel’s allies against it. How well they know our Western soft spots. That’s why Israel must be allowed to finish the job. A victory to Hamas via a ceasefire will ensure Israel being attacked from all sides.

It’s Iran that has primed the situation by sending Hamas to do their dirty work, hoping a high number of civilian casualties would turn Israel’s allies against it. How well they know our Western soft spots. That’s why Israel must be allowed to finish the job. A victory to Hamas via a ceasefire will ensure Israel being attacked from all sides.
It’s never been about the Palestinian people for Hamas they’re just collateral damage to them.

If Iran was making a show of an attack, not actually trying to land a blow but to look they like did, then it will be up to the 51 states of the US and whether they want a war to see if there is a response to the response from Iran after Israel hit their embassy in Syria.

If the US wants a war they will encourage Israel to blow up Iranian targets this week and then leap to their defense when Iran strikes back.

Given Iran has something like the third highest amount of LNG onto the global market, hitting those trains will make the cost of living go up and up and up. Good time to be a Woodside team member.

Iran stated the launch of the drones along with missiles (99% of which were intercepted) was all they were going to do. Apparently it was a gesture, in response to Israel’s attack on the embassy in Damascus in which seven senior Iranian officers were killed. Let’s see if they mean that.

The US economy is going to be an interesting watch. With noise around interest rates not coming down as hinted at. Interesting from a timing/election pov and interesting as it will have a flow on effect here.

Great time to buy a house in Perth, especially if it can be an investment property. Probably the best market in the nation at the moment and 12-18 months of growth ahead. We are Brisbane in 2019-2020 territory. Great buying through 2022 and early 2023. Sell anything in Victoria.

"Why can't people just STFU and stop using the Bondi incident to push their ideology.

Why can't they accept that my ideology is correct?"

Loud-mouth activists on Twitter.

Great time to buy a house in Perth, especially if it can be an investment property. Probably the best market in the nation at the moment and 12-18 months of growth ahead. We are Brisbane in 2019-2020 territory. Great buying through 2022 and early 2023. Sell anything in Victoria.
It's nuts at the moment, home opens often have up to 40 people there and anything that doesn't have a ridiculous price is under offer within a week.

Looking in a very specific area but I reckon I've seen literally 2 places in 12 months that were suitable for me. In hindsight I should have tried to buy one that went for 850 in Dec, right on the limit of the budget but could've offered 860. Only want to move up next year so have time but couldve just been done with it and leased it until then. Supply is just so tight prices will keep rising in at least the short term you would think.

It's nuts at the moment, home opens often have up to 40 people there and anything that doesn't have a ridiculous price is under offer within a week.

Looking in a very specific area but I reckon I've seen literally 2 places in 12 months that were suitable for me. In hindsight I should have tried to buy one that went for 850 in Dec, right on the limit of the budget but could've offered 860. Only want to move up next year so have time but couldve just been done with it and leased it until then. Supply is just so tight prices will keep rising in at least the short term you would think.

Yep - I have been calling an agent or two in the three suburbs I am looking and seeing if they will come to me off market. It worked once for a place in safety bay, one road back from the beach. Rented within a fortnight of listing, had six applications. Cash flow positive on that one. The place next door, identical sold for $70k more two months later.

It will take some patience and even being willing to go quickly and winning on terms. The market will continue to rise for a while yet. Exciting to have the opportunity to get in long term though.

The US economy is going to be an interesting watch. With noise around interest rates not coming down as hinted at. Interesting from a timing/election pov and interesting as it will have a flow on effect here.

I sold my Queensland and Perth house recently and merged my capital to buy
another in Perth. Making sure I get the exact house I like.

Cost me almost a million for my new house I'm about to move into. Lucky I don't have much of a mortgage as I will add a pool, ducted air con and solar. Property definitely ain't cheap in Perth these days.

The big banks despite the recent issues with inflation in the US still believe by the end of this year interest rates will drop and continue to drop throughout 2025. It may further push up house prices for the foreseeable future.

Makes it hard for first time buyers and more people will be lending on the bank of mum and dad.

Hey mate. I got lucky. I bumped up the price a little more than it was worth as I've recently bought a place. I figured if I had to rent while I was trying to buy it would cost 40 to 50 k a year so that extra bit I offered to go above the other people helped secure.

I agree with you that houses lately have dried up and you don't want to move into something that isn't to your likes and needs. I wish you luck and hope something comes your way soon.

Last edited:
I sold my Queensland and Perth house recently and merged my capital to buy
another in Perth. Making sure I get the exact house I like.

Cost me almost a million for my new house I'm about to move into. Lucky I don't have much of a mortgage as I will add a pool, ducted air con and solar. Property definitely ain't cheap in Perth these days.

The big banks despite the recent issues with inflation in the US still believe by the end of this year interest rates will drop and continue to drop throughout 2025. It may further push up house prices for the foreseeable future.

Makes it hard for first time buyers and more people will be lending on the bank of mum and dad.

It will help ease pain for people with mortgages if the rates decrease. It will be interesting to see if we can get inflation closer to the target inflation rate. I hope they drop towards the end of the year, that will present different opportunities.

Bank of mum and dad will be relied upon. I would also encourage people to look in areas they don't want to as a start. Friends of mine are discouraged but won't go east of Maylands or further than 20 mins from the city.

The basic facts remain that you have a laptop origin of no provenance - the blind computer repair shop owner couldn't recognize who brought it in, but he also happens to decide that the best thing to do after the laptop wasn't claimed was to send a copy to Rudy Giuliani - and the same repair shop owner now being on the record as saying that other content has been added to the hard drives different than what he initially found.

The outrage of the MAGA crowd is that they think they lost the 2020 election because the FBI informed Twitter and Facebook that the New York Post article was likely Russian misinformation, in line with the concern they had with what had happened shortly before the 2016 election with the Hilary Clinton emails that Trump still claims she destroyed by bleaching them. You have to remember before the Hunter Biden laptop story was published one journalist resigned from the New York Post rather than have their name attributed to the article - and another journalist wasn't aware that their name had been credited as one of the investigators. But the upshot was that Twitter which was a private company banned article links for about a week and Facebook made links less visible for 3 days - and people are acting like you couldn't find out about the story, and what always happens when people know of something being censored - the reverse happens. It is not as if the New York Post website was banned - it was temporarily/partially ban only on those social media sites which only increased its reportage.

NBC NEWS FORMER US SPIES VINDICATED
You started off with some reasonable points for discussion but unfortunately descended into strawmen arguments, propaganda and cheap caricatures, which I'll reply to first.

Repair shop owner was not blind. He not only fixed one or two of the laptops or hard drives left by Hunter in April 2019, after Hunter failed to return and claim them after the standard 90 days, became alarmed because of disturbing content when browsing the files. On the advice of someone with law experience contacted the FBI who subpoenaed and took the information in December 2019.

He had a copy on a hard drive and passed this to Giuliani's lawyer around October 2020 because he was concerned about his safety because the FBI had made no public statements about the contents of the hard drive and Mac Issac was aware that emails contained in the information could have vindicated Trump in his Ukrainian impeachment trial.

The only statement MacIsaac has made about any added files or fake files was when a dodgy group led by Patrick Bryne received a copy after the election, which they took to another country and magically found many more gigabytes of information which Mac Issac immediately warned could not be true.

FBI verified the laptop and contents almost immediately in 2019, independent journalists, NYP when they received copies in October 2020, DOJ special council Weiss when he received a copy and eventually so did NYT and WaPo. It contained concrete information of the Biden families corruption which was buried by the intelligence community and mainstream media.

Have you forgotten that honest or independent journalists were able to verify the emails and one founding owner of the highly regarded The Independent newspaper resigned because his ultra wealthy influenced partner would not allow publication of the facts.

Complete strawman with head of FBI Comey saying Hillary was under investigation, because she was and censoring information on Hunter's laptop because it was Russian information, when FBI knew it wasn't.

LOL. As we now know, from the twitter files and called Orwellian in a current court case, twitter did what FBI told it to do.

And while only a few independent publishers and NYP were able to publish, a coordinated propaganda campaign through a variety of media shown on the video in the post you replied to, with the slogan of Russian Disinformation to spread the lie that this was not Hunter's laptop or the emails were not his, sprung into action.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

It will help ease pain for people with mortgages if the rates decrease. It will be interesting to see if we can get inflation closer to the target inflation rate. I hope they drop towards the end of the year, that will present different opportunities.

Bank of mum and dad will be relied upon. I would also encourage people to look in areas they don't want to as a start. Friends of mine are discouraged but won't go east of Maylands or further than 20 mins from the city.

There is nothing wrong with the bank of mum and dad. I did it 20 years ago. Wel kinda.

We split the purchase in half and after I sold it then we split the profit. It meant my father recieved a decent slice of money 7 years later by using his owner occupied as guarantee. So no handing over money to me and a way we could both benefit. For younger people its about being smart and strategic

Not that I really care about who wins the next US election when it's a choice between Genocide Joe and Rapist Trump but the Impeachment Inquiry Into Joe Biden has been an embarrassment for the Republicans, but maybe you have the so called "mountain of evidence" that the Republicans claim.

Firstly as to your post, let us also ignore the fact that despite the New York Post's front page gloating, the signed letter issued by those former intelligence agents did specifically state that they weren't sure if the laptop was fake and their concern was more in line with Thomas Rid's article in the Washington Post titled:

"Insisting that the Hunter Biden laptop is fake is a trap. So is insisting that it’s real."

What is the bombshell evidence contained within apart from the infamous "10 percent for the big guy" email (which I'm not even sure is one of the emails the FBI have confirmed as real - elsewhere at the time of release Thomas Rid noted that when the New York Post published the emails and the meta data, that it was the one document that differed from the others - in that it was a copy of an email) and there's also a private phone recording message where Joe tells Hunter "I think you're in the clear" (actually Joe Biden says: "I think you're clear" which is a significant difference -and its a reference to what appeared in print after an interview Hunter Biden gave to one of the major newspapers). There's been a lot of bluster on these pages about all the incriminating evidence and the ready use of the term "Biden Crime Family" - but for the purposes of proceeding to an impeachment what needs to be proved isn't whether Hunter Biden or his uncles have been involved in leveraging their association with Joe Biden to earn huge sums of money, but if Joe Biden was directly involved in criminal activity.

Early this year the Republicans made a deposition for Hunter Biden to testify at their Inquiry into Impeachment, assuming that he wouldn't turn up so they could turn his lack of cooperation into a media stunt, and then when he agreed to attend they would only allow him to answer the questions in a private hearing when all the other witnesses had cameras - an indication they had nada - but nevertheless Hunter Biden answered all their questions, unlike say in comparison with the 100s of times Trump invoked the 5th amendment in his recent trials.

Then in February 2024, the person the Republicans had insisted was going to be their star witness - Alexander Smirnov is charged as a Russian Spy that provided false information on the Bidens.

You can read Smirnov's lengthy list of charges here:

NBC NEWS FORMER US SPIES VINDICATED
This was before the 2020 US election and not only were there 51 former intelligence officers dog whistled in for Joey to use in a debate to deny the laptop was Hunter’s, the written and visual press moved in lockstep to not only deny this was Hunter’s laptop, it was Russian disinformation.

You’ve put in a link of a 2020 story still behind paywall, trying to weasel out of the key focus of the letter signed and used to ban and censure facts that corruptly influenced an election.

They wrote multiple paragraphs about the depth of their combined experience in national security and that their belief was the disclosure of emails belonging to Joe Biden’s son “has all the classic earmarks of a Russian disinformation operation.”

“All of us have an understanding of the wide range of Russian overt and covert activities that undermine US national security, with some knowing Russian behavior intimately, as we worked to defend our nation against it for a career. A few of us worked against Russian information operations in the United States in the last several years ”

Perhaps most important, each of us believes deeply that American citizens should determine the outcome of elections, not foreign governments. All of us agree with the founding fathers’ concern about the damage that foreign interference in our politics can do to our democracy .(emphasis theirs)

It is for all these reasons that we write to say that the arrival on the US political scene of emails purportedly belonging to the Vice President’s son Hunter, much of it relating to his time serving on the Board of the Ukrainian gas company Burisma, has all the classic earmarks of a Russian information operation.

We want to emphasize that we do not know if the emails are genuine ( the FBI did) … just that our experience makes us deeply suspicious that the Russian government play a significant role in this case.

If we are right, this is Russia trying to influence how Americans vote this election and we strongly believe that Americans need to be aware of this.” (Emphasis theirs)

All 51 were wrong. Weak attempt at plausible deniability made worse, by Biden using what these 51 individuals said as fact in a Presidential debate and made worse by censorship of facts by refusing to run the story in almost all newspapers and TV stations. Instead parroting the propaganda as seen in the video I linked in the post you quoted.

Also deleting, banning and being unable to share the facts by social media, even though the FBI had verified the laptop as Hunter’s in 2019.

Now not only the FBI, DOJ Weiss, independent journalists, NYT, WaPo and now the US house investigations have verified the emails by checking and interviewing under oath the recipients. You want to sweep all of that propaganda that influenced 2020 the election for Biden and say anyway it’s a big nothing burger. LOL.

I don’t even know where you’re getting the rubbish that subpoenaing Hunter was a publicity stunt, it wasn’t, but the fix is in. Hunter will take the fall for Joey and the other Bidens. Then Joey or Kamilla will pardon.

I’m sure Smirnov who the FBI had used as a Confidential Human Source (CHS) for many years before and after his claims about conversations with executives of Burisma recorded in FD-1023, that they paid both Joey and Hunter $5mil in bribes and whom they believed to be a highly credible asset, would love his day in Court. However, now his trial has been put off from April 2024 to December 2024, safely after the current US 2024 elections.

The FBI’s handler reinterviewed the CHS — now known to be Smirnov — in June 2020, with the handler summarizing the content of that interview in the FD-1023.

“What we were able to identify, we found that it was consistent,” Brady confirmed. The former U.S. attorney also testified that “the 1023, the CHS, was vetted against known sources of Russian disinformation,” and through interactions with the Eastern District of New York, Brady’s team “found that it was not sourced from Russian disinformation.”

Coupled with the fact the FBI had used the CHS for years and believed him to be a highly credible asset, the Pittsburgh U.S. attorney’s office concluded that “the 1023 had indicia of credibility sufficient to merit further investigation, which is what Delaware was told,” Brady testified.

https://thefederalist.com/2024/02/2...o-new-russia-hoax-to-let-biden-skate-in-2024/

“There is already extensive evidence, having nothing to do with Smirnov, of corrupt Biden-family influence-peddling.”

One thing about the place it was technically in Maylands but you could casually kick a footy either north or west and hit Inglewood. Would've been frustrating to be soo close but not quite ha.

Last edited:
Why does the states have so many capable people in the senate yet all they can come up with is two dinosaurs who are in cognitive decline?
I don't really follow it but surely it really doesn't matter that much which 'side' is in, but at least Trump will provide some laughs. It's like watching a real life version of Weekend at Bernie's with the other bloke.

I don't really follow it but surely it really doesn't matter that much which 'side' is in, but at least Trump will provide some laughs. It's like watching a real life version of Weekend at Bernie's with the other bloke.

I saw one of his speeches and he said to the crowd 'vote for me be because Biden hates guns'

This was before the 2020 US election and not only were there 51 former intelligence officers dog whistled in for Joey to use in a debate to deny the laptop was Hunter’s, the written and visual press moved in lockstep to not only deny this was Hunter’s laptop, it was Russian disinformation.

You’ve put in a link of a 2020 story still behind paywall, trying to weasel out of the key focus of the letter signed and used to ban and censure facts that corruptly influenced an election.

They wrote multiple paragraphs about the depth of their combined experience in national security and that their belief was the disclosure of emails belonging to Joe Biden’s son “has all the classic earmarks of a Russian disinformation operation.”

“All of us have an understanding of the wide range of Russian overt and covert activities that undermine US national security, with some knowing Russian behavior intimately, as we worked to defend our nation against it for a career. A few of us worked against Russian information operations in the United States in the last several years ”

Perhaps most important, each of us believes deeply that American citizens should determine the outcome of elections, not foreign governments. All of us agree with the founding fathers’ concern about the damage that foreign interference in our politics can do to our democracy .(emphasis theirs)

It is for all these reasons that we write to say that the arrival on the US political scene of emails purportedly belonging to the Vice President’s son Hunter, much of it relating to his time serving on the Board of the Ukrainian gas company Burisma, has all the classic earmarks of a Russian information operation.

We want to emphasize that we do not know if the emails are genuine ( the FBI did) … just that our experience makes us deeply suspicious that the Russian government play a significant role in this case.

If we are right, this is Russia trying to influence how Americans vote this election and we strongly believe that Americans need to be aware of this.” (Emphasis theirs)

All 51 were wrong. Weak attempt at plausible deniability made worse, by Biden using what these 51 individuals said as fact in a Presidential debate and made worse by censorship of facts by refusing to run the story in almost all newspapers and TV stations. Instead parroting the propaganda as seen in the video I linked in the post you quoted.

Also deleting, banning and being unable to share the facts by social media, even though the FBI had verified the laptop as Hunter’s in 2019.

Now not only the FBI, DOJ Weiss, independent journalists, NYT, WaPo and now the US house investigations have verified the emails by checking and interviewing under oath the recipients. You want to sweep all of that propaganda that influenced 2020 the election for Biden and say anyway it’s a big nothing burger. LOL.

I don’t even know where you’re getting the rubbish that subpoenaing Hunter was a publicity stunt, it wasn’t, but the fix is in. Hunter will take the fall for Joey and the other Bidens. Then Joey or Kamilla will pardon.

I’m sure Smirnov who the FBI had used as a Confidential Human Source (CHS) for many years before and after his claims about conversations with executives of Burisma recorded in FD-1023, that they paid both Joey and Hunter $5mil in bribes and whom they believed to be a highly credible asset, would love his day in Court. However, now his trial has been put off from April 2024 to December 2024, safely after the current US 2024 elections.

The FBI’s handler reinterviewed the CHS — now known to be Smirnov — in June 2020, with the handler summarizing the content of that interview in the FD-1023.

“What we were able to identify, we found that it was consistent,” Brady confirmed. The former U.S. attorney also testified that “the 1023, the CHS, was vetted against known sources of Russian disinformation,” and through interactions with the Eastern District of New York, Brady’s team “found that it was not sourced from Russian disinformation.”

Coupled with the fact the FBI had used the CHS for years and believed him to be a highly credible asset, the Pittsburgh U.S. attorney’s office concluded that “the 1023 had indicia of credibility sufficient to merit further investigation, which is what Delaware was told,” Brady testified.

https://thefederalist.com/2024/02/2...o-new-russia-hoax-to-let-biden-skate-in-2024/

“There is already extensive evidence, having nothing to do with Smirnov, of corrupt Biden-family influence-peddling.”

That's an interesting take that its the Democrats who would prefer the Smirnov trial to take place after the 2024 election.

The inquiry into impeachment came up with (as the Americans say) "a big fat nothing burger". So farcical was it that you had a Democrat senator at the inquiry taunting them for a call to proceed to an impeachment knowing that the Republicans wouldn't second the motion because so far they have come up with nothing.

If the evidence is there to convict Joe Biden then there's nothing stopping the Republicans beginning a full impeachment trial of Joe Biden right now.

That's an interesting take that its the Democrats who would prefer the Smirnov trial to take place after the 2024 election.

The inquiry into impeachment came up with (as the Americans say) "a big fat nothing burger". So farcical was it that you had a Democrat senator at the inquiry taunting them for a call to proceed to an impeachment knowing that the Republicans wouldn't second the motion because so far they have come up with nothing.

If the evidence is there to convict Joe Biden then there's nothing stopping the Republicans beginning a full impeachment trial of Joe Biden right now.
They're not convicting, they're impeaching. "Nothing burger" is another propaganda slogan despite everything else (below) they have.

However Smirnov is a damaging witness for Joey and the Biden's and they won't let him talk until after the election. Weiss and the FBI could have charged and convicted him three years ago but chose not to and hid his FD 1023 instead.

Are you talking about the grandstanding AOC who doesn't know her RICO from her RECTUM?

The issue isn't they have enough evidence, but with Democrat majority in Senate who will vote against impeachment on Party lines, unless there is a $5mill Slam Dunc going straight into Joey's a/c would they persuade any of them to change the party vote?

The Hunter Biden laptop, which Weiss has confirmed is authentic, implicates Hunter, Joe, and Jim Biden in multiple influence-peddling schemes. Bank records confirm the millions in transfers from Chinese communists, Romanians, Ukrainians, and others, including the wife of the former Moscow mayor — who amazingly avoided being included on the Biden administration’s just-released, tougher Russian sanction list.

Numerous former business associates of Hunter Biden — including ones who remain loyal to the Biden family — confirm Joe Biden helped both Hunter and Jim Biden sell the family brand to foreign buyers, including when he was Barack Obama’s vice president. And bank records, emails, text messages, and other documents recovered from Hunter Biden’s authenticated laptop corroborate their testimony.

They're not convicting, they're impeaching. "Nothing burger" is another propaganda slogan despite everything else (below) they have.

However Smirnov is a damaging witness for Joey and the Biden's and they won't let him talk until after the election. Weiss and the FBI could have charged and convicted him three years ago but chose not to and hid his FD 1023 instead.

Are you talking about the grandstanding AOC who doesn't know her RICO from her RECTUM?

The issue isn't they have enough evidence, but with Democrat majority in Senate who will vote against impeachment on Party lines, unless there is a $5mill Slam Dunc going straight into Joey's a/c would they persuade any of them to change the party vote?

The Hunter Biden laptop, which Weiss has confirmed is authentic, implicates Hunter, Joe, and Jim Biden in multiple influence-peddling schemes. Bank records confirm the millions in transfers from Chinese communists, Romanians, Ukrainians, and others, including the wife of the former Moscow mayor — who amazingly avoided being included on the Biden administration’s just-released, tougher Russian sanction list.

Numerous former business associates of Hunter Biden — including ones who remain loyal to the Biden family — confirm Joe Biden helped both Hunter and Jim Biden sell the family brand to foreign buyers, including when he was Barack Obama’s vice president. And bank records, emails, text messages, and other documents recovered from Hunter Biden’s authenticated laptop corroborate their testimony.

The issue is the Republicans have senators in their party that won't vote for an impeachment trial.

The issue is the Republicans have senators in their party that won't vote for an impeachment trial.

And as to the mentioned Republican Senator Ken Buck, quote:

"House Republicans have previously put that claim at the front and center of their investigations into the Bidens. Buck said it is evident now that the information Smirnov relayed was false.

It appears to absolutely be false, and to really undercut the nature of the charges. We’ve always been looking for a link between what Hunter Biden received in terms of money and Joe Biden’s activities or Joe Biden receiving money,” Buck explained. “This clearly is not a credible link at this point.”

Remove this Banner Ad

Back