Game Day Port vs. Naarm - Ruckless in Alice

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jul 31, 2005
Canberra
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Richmond opened the door just a little for us yesterday. We all know what that means.

We have been gelling better in recent weeks and have a good record at Traeger Park. It is, however, a big ground and our fitness will be tested. On balance, this is probably a more even game than it may otherwise seem. Not sure Skype coaching is going to help though.

I fear a brave loss incoming. And we all know we what that means, too :(.

Our first elimination final starts today.
Melbourne clearly have the advantage in the rucking department, not to mention a full game day coaching panel.
Dees by 16 points:(

Winnable game pretty much the same as the last month. If we are beaten is Gawn that's going to top the coachs votes after the game.

Rozee and Butters to play blinders and we win by less than 6 pionts.

Really don't know what to expect. Common sense says the Dee's.

Bassett really has no lack of confidence so wouldn't surprise me to see him coach well today. Probably wouldn't mind putting one over an old team mate too.

I still think Bass is a decent coach, he just likes living here and plays the game well to keep his job.

I hope he does the post game presser, would be great to see him straight bat answers.

No idea what happens today, do we leave coke cans out for Ken in the street?

I still think Bass is a decent coach, he just likes living here and plays the game well to keep his job.

I hope he does the post game presser, would be great to see him straight bat answers.

No idea what happens today, do we leave coke cans out for Ken in the street?
Could be right about Bass. I think he reads the game well from a coaches perspective but is coaching the wrong part of the ground. What we don't know is what effect Hinkley has on him.
My attitude is if we play finals this year we'll earn it by beating some really good sides. This game is a massive opportunity, I hope we release the shackles and take them on ala North Melbourne yesterday.

Imagine going into a game against Max Gawn with Jeremy Finlayson as your lead ruck.

You get what you deserve indeed.

Carn Ports, just have some luck.

Naarm by 35.

An empty chair at the post match coach's press conference to offer as much meaningful insight into the game as Kenny Hinkley.

I'm in Alice for the game but won't be attending thanks to testing positive for COVID yesterday. :(

Could be right about Bass. I think he reads the game well from a coaches perspective but is coaching the wrong part of the ground. What we don't know is what effect Hinkley has on him.
My attitude is if we play finals this year we'll earn it by beating some really good sides. This game is a massive opportunity, I hope we release the shackles and take them on ala North Melbourne yesterday.

yeah be interesting if ken is driving it all from his laptop....

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Bassett is not coaching today apparently. He's "coordinating the messaging" passed on via Davies from Hinkley. Sounds like a load of w*nk to me.

They think we're stupid. Who is addressing the players at quarter time? Who will be attending the post match press conference? That's your coach right there.

We will know early, if we get off to a 3 - 4 goal head start then Melbourne is still in their malaise and we'll win. If they get off to a decent start maybe they are turning the corner again, I can see them going full defensive though so it might be a absolutely shite match to watch in the alice springs conditions.

Ken win this today if we start well and kick straight.
This is a big game for Rozee do well he’s arrived,fail and he will be labeled a front runner.
Port by 15 points

How can Hinkley see what's happening at the ground? You can't make tactical moves from viewing the telecast.
I think it illustrates how much control he has at the club, and perhaps why many of his assistants have moved elsewhere - they couldn't work with him.

Ken coaching on a delay will be heralded as highly as the invention of the wheel. Ken do no wrong.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back