Positive stats to lighten the mood 2024

Remove this Banner Ad

Win the next 3 games and we're likely 9th by the end of Rd 13.

Pedlar should come straight back in for Rankine..

Murray & Rankine could be back by the Sydney game

Post-bye we could feasibly have Thilthorpe (5-7 week return) back as well....

Sydney (H)
Bye
GWS (H)
Bris (A)
Saints (H)
Essendon (A)
Hawks (H)
Cats (A)
Bulldogs (H)
Port (A)
Syd (A)

It's an incredible tough run home.... but we've had a decent vein of form the last 4 weeks, without relying on Tex as much as we did last year, which is pleasing..

The most positive view I can muster is that I think we've been reasonably good since the Melbourne game, we've changed up our midfield mix significantly and both Soligo and Rankine are very promising in there, and we've had some good performances without Walker doing too much.

If you select just that block from round 4 on we look in decent form given the opposition we've had, particularly when you consider we've got good players to come back in.

Problem is the first 3 rounds where we were dreadful. Incredibly hard to come back from dropping winnable games like that at the start of the season, and given we haven't rebounded yet with a string of wins it's likely that we'll finish the season in a spot around 10th-12th where winning a couple of those first 3 would have put us in the finals.

Finish 9/10th miss finals, miss the standout top end mids at the draft.

Nothing to show for 2024 except Tex a year older and closer to retirement, another wasted 20+ games into McFlurry, Murphy, Jones - pfffttt
Nothing to show? We now have a genuine A grade midfield with Dawson continuing his rise to elite after a slow start and emergence of Soligo and Rankine, the midfield has always been our biggest concern. Also, the development of Keane and Worrell and Thilthorpe is tracking to be back in 5-7 weeks so hopefully back in time to play a chunk of AFL games.

I will once again feel truly positive about this club when we play finals again... which sadly won't be this year thanks to wasting our 1st month of football with a terrible game plan.
Nicks will just say the players are playing the "same" game plan in the first 4 weeks but somehow much better......

Win the next 3 games and we're likely 9th by the end of Rd 13.

Pedlar should come straight back in for Rankine..

Murray & Rankine could be back by the Sydney game

Post-bye we could feasibly have Thilthorpe (5-7 week return) back as well....

Sydney (H)
Bye
GWS (H)
Bris (A)
Saints (H)
Essendon (A)
Hawks (H)
Cats (A)
Bulldogs (H)
Port (A)
Syd (A)

It's an incredible tough run home.... but we've had a decent vein of form the last 4 weeks, without relying on Tex as much as we did last year, which is pleasing..

Assuming we win the next 3 weeks I think there the 3 crucial games will be GWS, Essendon and Showdown if we can maintain the level of effort shown since R4 and close out any close games.

A few massive ifs in all that - winning next 3 weeks, maintain effort and close out close games. Big ifs.

Assuming we win the next 3 weeks I think there the 3 crucial games will be GWS, Essendon and Showdown if we can maintain the level of effort shown since R4 and close out any close games.

A few massive ifs in all that - winning next 3 weeks, maintain effort and close out close games. Big ifs.

Eagles and Tigers are certainties. Hawks could fall off a cliff, but their form the last few weeks is good enough.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back