Possible Toyota legendary moment ad's

Remove this Banner Ad

Jul 20, 2008
Melbourne
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Obviously there are already some great ones that have been made but what are some other ones that were really magical moments and could be made into an add.

Leigh Matthew's snapping the point post - i know they were going to do it a couple of years ago they were going to do it but couldn't because him being the coach of the brisbane lions and their so called sponsorship deal with Audi.

Mark williams and Stuart Dew's goal in the 2008 AFL Grand Final - Probably a bit biased because I barrack for Hawthorn but what an incredible moment possibly could even do cyril's Play on the wing to win a free kick

Leo barry's mark - what a great mark "match saving"

Michael Voss - getting up from the scotty burns' bump in the 02 grand final to assist in a goal. - Great leadership and set the tone for the lions for the rest of the match.

Anyone got any other great moments that could be made into a toyota legendary Moment?

Would love to see Mark Jackson's antics v Kelvin Moore re-enacted. Kelvin would need a better sense of humour than he had that day to get him to the post, however.

Aker's 2 goals from the pocket against the Cats, where he put his hand over his mouth playing up to the crowd.

Some bad boy stuff could get a gig:

Neil Balme's rampage against Carlton in the 1972 GF
Mal Brown's rampage against Carlton in the Aust Club championships
Robbie Muir's rampage against Carlton (geez, they got angry against us didn't they?)
Rhys Jones and Diesel Williams
Phil Carman and the boundary umpire
Maybe they could do a Darryl Wakelin/Alastair Lynch one with exaggerated air swings and Wakelin yelling out 'ole'
Garry Buckenara kicking a goal where one of the boys runs across the mark speaking Irish.
Fraser Brown tackling Dean Wallis.

Nathan Buckley v Cameron Ling smearing incident. :eek:

Seriously though, these are all sanctioned by the AFL aren't they due to the Toyota sponsorship .... nothing too controversial will be made.

Mick McGuane 7 bounce goal vs Carlton
That could be done. They would make it humourous with McGuane taking 100 bounces around in circles and the other boys calling for it or unable to get it off him.

1985 grand final brawl. Possible be the funniest ad.

Essendon v North Melbourne r16 2001= the greatest comeback ever

1984 Grand Final= Essendons come from behind win

Fevolas goal agains the Crows in 2004 to win the match

Alan Didak in Collingwood's win over Brisbane in the 2003 finals (forgot which game). Marks the ball on the boundary line, the crowd is giving him s**t, Bucks goes over to him. Then he slots the goal & cups his hand to his eartowards the crowd :thumbsu:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Lynch's roid rage against Wakelin.

I reckon Lynch snapping a miracle goal after Rhys Shaw shitting his pants and dropping the ball would be better.

The question would be, who would the player be - Lynch or Shaw? I'd probably go for Shaw, just so Collingwood fans can have a few GF memories from recent times (the Lions already have plenty of others).

Sorry guys...but most of these are pretty s**t i have to say...

What about something from left-field like Umpire Peter Carey's mark in the Fremantle-St Kilda game during the mid-90's?

John Gastev's effort in the first game after Ablett ironed him out at the Gabba in 1993, when Gastev comes off the bench, runs flat out into the Brisbane back line to square up, only for Ablett to brace himself for the hit, and Gastev bounces off and has to go off with a leg injury. :D:thumbsu:

Sorry guys...but most of these are pretty s**t i have to say...

What about something from left-field like Umpire Peter Carey's mark in the Fremantle-St Kilda game during the mid-90's?

In 99 i think it was. and they should make it like Peter takes a huge screamer or something.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back