Preview Practice Match vs Brisbane Lions at Burpengary

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jetts defibrillated at half time 2 effect. laidlow looked fine 2 fu's midstrength marinated eyes. Buddy very busy, will take time for team to work with him. Forwards coach should introduce him 2 midfield. Usual suspects did the business in the middle - McV, dead Kennedy. Teddy best interceptor sine Max Rockatansky, LRT presented more than Eddie Everywhere whilst forward - looked free of ills. Bloods best by mile regardless of score. The only fluid footy found was of Red & White workings. Second ruck will be a mix of LRT and Tippett, injuries allowing. They need 2 plant a fV<king tree in that place. Over and out.

Whether or not you think he's physically capable up to the task, the fact remains that he is our incumbent third tall defender, and he (or Laidler) will have to mark one of those monsters if Longmire decides to go with LRT as the forward-backup ruck. Laidler hopefully can fit into the Mattner role of coming third man in, but having not seen a lot of him I don't know whether that's expecting too much.

Ben Reid is the only one of those players anywhere near the size of the players I named. Defending against a 195-200cm unit like Mumford or Patton is a different story.

Ignoring the fact Reid, Darling and Gunston kicked 8 goals in those 4 games, not a horrible return.

He was on Luenberger briefly as my soon to upload footage will show. Was a bit funny.

Jetta laid a few tackles which was important. No trade mark long runs because he fumbled a few times when clear. Chased down the very quick Green for Brisbane and forced an error. One piece of centre work was brilliant ducking and weeving having a bounce in heavy congestion. Missed it on video but it was good how he got past a number of Brisbane players before delivering forward.

Also have to give credit to club today. Players and coaches were relaxed and available for fans. My kids got signatures from most players and Longmire. Was so nice to get back to the feel of community footy. Credit too to QLD government for the great AFL precinct in League territory. Was unbelievably hot today but 6000 odd crowd was very appreciative of Swans team and fans. Was interesting to hear many Brisbane fans' kids asking "where's Buddy? Every few minutes. The kids next to us wanted to change ends in the second quarter when they realised Buddy had moved. He is going to be huge for us, especially with the younger generation of supporters.

It was quite a warm one today, but overall wasn't too bad thanks to those south-easters. Was quite pleasant during the second half. All the players looked buggered, however, the Lions players looked more worse than the Swans.

Whether or not you think he's physically capable up to the task, the fact remains that he is our incumbent third tall defender, and he (or Laidler) will have to mark one of those monsters if Longmire decides to go with LRT as the forward-backup ruck. Laidler hopefully can fit into the Mattner role of coming third man in, but having not seen a lot of him I don't know whether that's expecting too much.
That's how I think they will go , LRT FF/2nd ruck and Laidler 3rd man up helping Rampe ( Mattner role ) and if they are getting monstered down there they will swing Reid or LRT back , to be honest I would rather a taller 3rd ala AJ but until he gets back you might be right with having Rampe and Laidler in the same team

I'm going to post them in batches of 10 so no one gets too overwhelmed. Some shots are a bit iffy and some required a bit more zoom (didn't have a bigger lens this time around), but nevertheless, you still get a taste of what it was like today. The quality had to suffer a little too as I had to reduce the RAW file down so it was able to be uploaded and downloaded easily.

As you can see, I spent most of the time near the Swans interchange bench. I moved to the goal posts in the last quarter for a few snaps.

IMGP9817.jpg

IMGP9818.jpg

IMGP9820.jpg

IMGP9822.jpg

IMGP9824.jpg

IMGP9825.jpg

IMGP9828.jpg

IMGP9829.jpg

IMGP9831.jpg

IMGP9832.jpg

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)