Training Pre-Season 2024 - they're back

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Having looked at previous years, looks like there's an unofficial game against another team and AFL pre-season game.

If anyone knows of anything else on, particularly if the public can attend, please feel free to share for those of us who may be rookies. 😀

I assume most comms will come from the club but just in case there's anything on during preseason that would be great.

Believe its 1st to 4th year players back today and then would imagine the vets won't be required to come back not too far away

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Hope you guys don't mind the post - I get down to Giants training pretty regularly (for work, might even hear my voice a couple of times in one of those videos up there).

Pretty much the entire senior playing group barring a couple of players were back today - weren't meant to be back until next week, so they're eager to get back into it.

Cadman running laps just handling a minor hamstring - Madden in full rehab not doing much.

Otherwise it looked like just about everyone else was fit that I saw (there was a fair bit of moving around so I may have missed one or two).

Cadman says he's put on a couple of kilos with more to come, but he's still definitely 2-3 years away from being at his ideal playing weight - I'm probably bigger than him and I'm no footballer. Hopefully he can boost his running capacity over the pre-season and play that Nick Riewoldt forward-style and push up the ground a lot.

Otherwise it was mostly running and some drills that weren't intensive on skills, more focused on I suppose in-game fitness? Very much easing in before I reckon the harder stuff begins later this week.

When I get down there I'll try to give you guys an update if there's anything of note going on.

Hope you guys don't mind the post - I get down to Giants training pretty regularly (for work, might even hear my voice a couple of times in one of those videos up there).

Pretty much the entire senior playing group barring a couple of players were back today - weren't meant to be back until next week, so they're eager to get back into it.

Cadman running laps just handling a minor hamstring - Madden in full rehab not doing much.

Otherwise it looked like just about everyone else was fit that I saw (there was a fair bit of moving around so I may have missed one or two).

Cadman says he's put on a couple of kilos with more to come, but he's still definitely 2-3 years away from being at his ideal playing weight - I'm probably bigger than him and I'm no footballer. Hopefully he can boost his running capacity over the pre-season and play that Nick Riewoldt forward-style and push up the ground a lot.

Otherwise it was mostly running and some drills that weren't intensive on skills, more focused on I suppose in-game fitness? Very much easing in before I reckon the harder stuff begins later this week.

When I get down there I'll try to give you guys an update if there's anything of note going on.
Cheers, thanks for that. Any updates would be much appreciated.

Hard to get close from Canberra, for me, I'm afraid.

Outstanding! Any posts would be greatly appreciated!

Mate keep the updates flowing!

Muvh appreciated

If Cadman can just build on last year and improve a bit I'll be stoked. It's a long game. Kinda want him hitting his max when Hogan is close to done.

I think his style will work really well with our game plan being a rangey type rather than the big muscle guy up forward.

Who do you think is the ideal forward for him to model himself on?

If Cadman can just build on last year and improve a bit I'll be stoked. It's a long game. Kinda want him hitting his max when Hogan is close to done.

I think his style will work really well with our game plan being a rangey type rather than the big muscle guy up forward.

Who do you think is the ideal forward for him to model himself on?
A cross between Jezza and curnow

A cross between Jezza and curnow
I think ideally that's what he's thinking too. Honestly last year our team just wasn't kicking it to him. Fair enough but he was doing a lot of decoy running in the end. He chased hard in defence. I think good fundamentals that will pay off once they trust him

I think ideally that's what he's thinking too. Honestly last year our team just wasn't kicking it to him. Fair enough but he was doing a lot of decoy running in the end. He chased hard in defence. I think good fundamentals that will pay off once they trust him
I agree … he did a lot except take the big marks. Some nice tap ons, chases, etc

Tom Green looking pretty buff ...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back