Price tag

Remove this Banner Ad

stevo10

Senior List
Apr 18, 2001
How much will Laidley cost? Or should I say how much do we stand to save in comparison to Pagans offer?

Originally posted by stevo10
How much will Laidley cost? Or should I say how much do we stand to save in comparison to Pagans offer?

I believe the club could only offer Pagan 450K tops so I'll take that we stand to save about 200k - 250k I think.

thats for next year.

You could ask Laidley's management.........................
But he doesn't have one, doesn't believe in them. Another brownie point IMO.

i thought that the club had offered pagan in the order of $700,000 per year. in the paper i read that laidley is on around $200,000.

You would have to imagine Pagan was on $800k in his final year, given that Greg "let's back end all contracts and then leave before the $hit hits the fan" Miller did his deal. Elshaug was also reportedly on $100k+.

Laids will probably be on $200k to $250k and if any assistant gets more than $60k, that will be a disgrace.

With Pagan & Elshaug gone, that should be an extra $550k to $600k on our balance sheet that we don't have to find each year.

Maybe the 92.5% salary cap issue will only be a 2 year constraint until we get our spending under control.

Assistant coaches will be on $80k+ and prob more like $100k, and fair enough they deserve it.

Maybe $200 base, $10 for a win, $50 bonus for a GF appearance and $25 bonus for winning it...

Success, also ensured following years increased across the board...

Just a thought...

Stewart

Originally posted by Jeff_99
Assistant coaches will be on $80k+ and prob more like $100k, and fair enough they deserve it.

Why do they deserve it??

$60k - $70k is a good middle management salary. I don't see what assistant coaches do that warrants any more cash than that per annum.

Coaching salaries are out of control. For 6 months of the year they would work 6 days per week, but for the other 6 months, 3 to 4. There is no pressure for 6 months of every year. How good would that job be?

When clubs have a poor season, it is never the assistant coach's fault. It is a cushy position that simply doesn't justify a 6 figure salary.

As they are basically personal assistants to the senior coach and don't carry the pressure and scrutiny of the senior job, I am interested in your reasons pertaining to why they deserve it?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back