Priest Stabbed Live Stream in Sydney

Remove this Banner Ad

99.9999% of Muslims are loving, law abiding people. A tiny minority are radical but their actions disgust the majority of Muslims.

The easily influenced will be influenced no matter their religion. We do need extremists to be called out though;no matter their credence, colour, race or socioeconomic status.
A tiny minority can still be a lot of dangerous people. 😟

Are you familiar with the below case?

Too busy baiting kids with mental illness to spend time on the others.

Too busy baiting kids with mental illness to spend time on the others.
They have thwarted quite a few terrorist actions. They do a great job. There should be zero terrorism in Australia. So sad that some far left people want to run as far as they can with that negative story.

Yes an AFP officer did a bad job on that case. Humans make errors. No need to act like this means they don't do a valuable job. Such crazy takes will only erode trust in police work and make some people not report suspect terrorists in the future.

Lots of failed attempts on this list:

They have thwarted quite a few terrorist actions. They do a great job. There should be zero terrorism in Australia. So sad that some far left people want to run as far as they can with that negative story.

Yes an AFP officer did a bad job on that case. Humans make errors. No need to act like this means they don't do a valuable job. Such crazy takes will only erode trust in police work and make some people not report suspect terrorists in the future.

Lots of failed attempts on this list:

There really needs to be a sarcasm font on the forum to make it clear when things aren't being meant 100% how they're written.

run as far as they can with that negative story.

Yes an AFP officer did a bad job on that case
What you call a negative story, contains one of only a few documented (via court documents) insights into some of the operations, of Australian cases involving children, terrorism, radicalisation and deradicalisation, and the thorny question of a what point is incarceration of children and adults (as opposed to deradicalisation attempts), the most important terrorism risk management mitigation.

If you can post any other Australian or overseas cases involving children and the deradicalisation issue, with more details than just a few words on them that would be more useful in this discussion than pulling out the "far left" card.

And I'm a little perplexed as to why you single out an (un-named by you) AFP officer related to that case, toy make it look like it was just human error. As this case involved other Government organisations (VIC Police and ASIO) just to make sure that readers get a feeling for the complexity and strategy sign off of this one.

Maybe you weren't aware (as posted on BF in the dedicated thread) that an AFP Deputy Commissioner has disputed the ruling and said that he would sign off on the operation again, if one like this ever came up. With the court ruling criticised both Vic Police and the AFP for attempting to radicalise the boy.

Australian Federal Police says it would repeat undercover terror operation on autistic teenager

'Despite the ruling the operation fell "profoundly short of the minimum standards expected of law enforcement," AFP Deputy Commissioner Ian McCartney told Senate estimates he would sign off on the operation again.

"He had [a] long-standing fixation on ISIS. He had expressed a desire to carry out a violent act. He expressed the desire to carry out a school shooting. He was researching material on how to build a bomb, he was engaging with like-minded individuals," the deputy commissioner said.

"I would say in relation to that, there was a conservative three-and-a-half month effort by the Victoria Police Countering Violent Extremism team to deradicalise him. The decision that was made by the team, it wasn't being effective. He was becoming more and more radicalised.

"I think from our view, and again, we go to the damage control operation — if the same set of circumstances, I would sign that again."
Deputy Commissioner McCartney previously noted that the operational decisions were taken jointly by the AFP, Victoria Police and ASIO.

The AFP and Victoria Police acknowledged the court ruling criticising them for attempting to radicalise the boy.

And I'm a little perplexed as to why you single out an (un-named by you) AFP officer related to that case, toy make it look like it was just human error. As this case involved other Government organisations (VIC Police and ASIO) just to make sure that readers get a feeling for the complexity and strategy sign off of this one.
You are only perplexed because you havent read enough about the case. If you did, you would know that what one poster here described as "coaching" came from one undercover officer (who hasn't been named) who was operating two undercover social media accounts. This officer was aware at the time and discussed with a psychologist on the case that he was walking a very fine line between trying to maintain a credible terrorist persona, and not encouraging the boy when the boy did talk about wanting to kill or make bombs. He overstepped that line and that's what the courts found among other things that lead the judge to essentially dismiss the case.
Maybe you weren't aware (as posted on BF in the dedicated thread) that an AFP Deputy Commissioner has disputed the ruling and said that he would sign off on the operation again, if one like this ever came up. With the court ruling criticised both Vic Police and the AFP for attempting to radicalise the boy.
He didn't dispute the court's ruling at all. He accepted the ruling, but said he was comfortable with the AFP's decision to sign off on the operation itself. That is different to saying the AFP handled the case properly. He has said there would be a review of how they handled the case.

A tiny minority can still be a lot of dangerous people. 😟
Not doubting this. As always, be alert to your surroundings and others around you. Without being overly paranoid about the extremely unlikely.

They have arrested someone in relation to the riot.

Good behaviour bond if it gets to court.

Unless they can prove he was the one that injured a police officer.

They have arrested someone in relation to the riot.

Why did they send an entire SWAT team like he was some kind of drug lord? Talk about a waste of resources.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Why did they send an entire SWAT team like he was some kind of drug lord? Talk about a waste of resources.
After what happened the other night and with tensions amongst the community still significant I suspect it was a combination of precautions and sending a message.

The atmosphere in that area of Sydney is very similar to how it was during the Cronulla riots.

The 19 year old arrested as part of the riots is not what I would call the sharpest tool in the shed.

Mansour allegedly filmed himself kicking two police cars during the riot before uploading the footage to Instagram.

Speaking to reporters outside Blacktown police station on Thursday, he said he had "just done one (police car)".

It was reportedly being live-streamed on YouTube as part of there normal live stream of the event.

Bishop allegedly stabbed during service in Sydney

Angie Raphael
https://twitter.com/AngieRaphael
April 15, 2024 - 8:10PM

'Vision has emerged of a bishop appearing to be stabbed during a service.

The video, posted on social media, shows Bishop Mar Mari allegedly being attacked in Wakeley, Sydney while delivering his sermon.

NCA NewsWire understands NSW Police will be issuing a statement soon.'

It seems after this event the cops showed up as you would expect, and then a riot ensued. Not sure if I missed something in the limited tv snippets I've seen about this incident, but why did the crowd kick off and start a riot, and attack the cops? If they were worshippers from the church, wouldn't they be happy the cops showed up to make of with the bishops attacker?

It seems after this event the cops showed up as you would expect, and then a riot ensued. Not sure if I missed something in the limited tv snippets I've seen about this incident, but why did the crowd kick off and start a riot, and attack the cops? If they were worshippers from the church, wouldn't they be happy the cops showed up to make of with the bishops attacker?

They wanted the kid burned at the stake. And the cops were obviously protecting him

They had seen the attack on livestream and poured in from surrounding areas. They were chanting "eye for an eye". They wanted the police to hand him over to them.

Potential life sentence, violence in support of terrorism should be mandatory life without the chance of parole preferably in solitary. Instead some progressive judge will look at age, listen to some lawyer drafted sob story and he will be out well before 30.

On SM-A125F using BigFooty.com mobile app

His age will factor in, that doesn't make any judge considering sentencing a progressive. 16yo's logical brains aren't at full development, they can do stupid, emotionally immature idiot things. He didn't even know enough to know how to effectively use his own knife.

I dunno about this one, it looks to me like the only serious physical injuries on the night were received by the cops and the stabber himself, if I accept intent.

His age will factor in, that doesn't make any judge considering sentencing a progressive. 16yo's logical brains aren't at full development, they can do stupid, emotionally immature idiot things. He didn't even know enough to know how to effectively use his own knife.

I dunno about this one, it looks to me like the only serious physical injuries on the night were received by the cops and the stabber himself, if I accept intent.

"He suffered stab wounds to his shoulder and hands while trying to get the 16-year-old alleged attacker off of Bishop Mar Mari Emmanuel."

Remove this Banner Ad

Back