Discussion Prison Bars debate

Should Port be allowed to wear the PBs as their home jumper?

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

I just feel like we've missed out on an opportunity to team up with Pirate Life brewery 😂😂

We have teamed up with Pirate Life. They're one of our partners.

Given this historical origin, why is the "Port Power" name so widely despised by the fan base?
I think it's more the fact that it's used as a derogatory term or when salt baes try and say "you're not Port Adelaide you're Port Power" and thus the club identity debate ensues again.

Given this historical origin, why is the "Port Power" name so widely despised by the fan base?

As Heardy said, it was used as a taunt that we are a different club to the Port Adelaide we supported in the SANFL.

Now imagine how that would have played out if we went in as Port Pirates.

Sounds like a soccer club. Port Power is better and more unique.
- a fan of the team who stands the most to gain from Port doubling down on the Power identity

fan of the team who stands the most to gain from Port doubling down on the Power identity
I couldn't care less what their nickname is as long as it's not Magpies. If the club wants to go for Port Pirates knock yourself out. Just saying that going for no nickname at all would be an amateur move and liken the brand to a soccer club.

How would you guys feel about wearing a "Magenta" clash strip? Obviously its not a current club colour but it is a historic one so if there is one club that could do it and make it make some sense it would be Port. I personally really love how Penrith in the NRL have made pink their own and its been their clash strip now for about 15 years now. I fully expect to be told to "go **** myself" but I hope you guys like and appreciate the concept regardless.
Port Adelaide Magenta.png

(Log in to remove this ad.)

How would you guys feel about wearing a "Magenta" clash strip? Obviously its not a current club colour but it is a historic one so if there is one club that could do it and make it make some sense it would be Port. I personally really love how Penrith in the NRL have made pink their own and its been their clash strip now for about 15 years now. I fully expect to be told to "go **** myself" but I hope you guys like and appreciate the concept regardless.
View attachment 1930024

If port were given the nod to wear the prison bars at all home games, I reckon everyone at the club would be happy to lean into teal strips, silver strips, even magenta for clash and away. But until that guarantee is given, playing it safe with the chevrons is probably the best course of action to avoid all the ‘port power 1997’ nonsense.

it's not good for the AFL's brand to have one of the "lesser" clubs have a better looking, more storied and more successful black and white guernsey than their biggest franchise, it's that simple. it's not as much about Port or "you can't have 2 teams in black and white" or whatever as it is about protecting their biggest asset.

View attachment 1930024
Their AFLW team wore something more closer to it for their training guernsey.
training2.JPG

It's the supporters from before 1997 who hate it the most out of nostalgia for The Magpies. I think Power is a far superior nickname than Magpies, so much stuff out there that use the term Power to make it sound top tier like "Max Power".

Back