Multiplat [Prototype]

Remove this Banner Ad

I don't like the look of Prototype or inFamous to be honest. I really don't know why it doesn't appeal to me....perhaps it's the absence of multiplayer modes?
Maybe, but if you want a game that WILL have a good story mode, then inFAMOUS is a shoe-in.
Is Red Faction that 3rd person shooter game with destructible environments from the developers of SR2? I think I saw some gameplay of that on gametrailers, and it looks sweet. :thumbsu:
Yep the exact kind, demo is on the PS Store if you want it, only about 700MB, and it isn't just destructible environments where the building will only half destroy(Ala Battlefield: Bad Company), this is FULLY destructible and in the most realistic way possible(Devs actually studied buildings destructions and such to get a hold on how buildings do destruct), amazing fun just destroying buildings with a sledgehammer(Not to mention crushing in peoples skulls with the Sledge), planting sticky bombs in the weak spots of buildings and watching it crumble, or just driving a mech or truck right through the middle of a building, helped me out when I was in a dark period in my life(The day the Tiges lost to Melbourne:(), I think I played the demo for around about 1-2 hours(The demo is about 10-15 minutes long), just went around destroying everything and everyone I could see, felt so ****EN GOOD!

In terms of the gameplay, the TPS element is solid enough, their is the usual cover system, but the aiming is a little iffy, the AI is good at times, but can also be as dumb as dog s**t, graphics are good in parts, poor in others, but I rate it better looking than Prototype from what I have seen, the RF: G(Guerilla) map is HUGE, the game will have multiplayer(Up to 16 players) and the single player will have 120 missions, very pursuading.;)

helped me out when I was in a dark period in my life(The day the Tiges lost to Melbourne:(), I think I played the demo for around about 1-2 hours(The demo is about 10-15 minutes long)

hahaha i remember that
and i told you to stop being a girl and jump on killzone 2 with the rest of us

hahaha i remember that
and i told you to stop being a girl and jump on killzone 2 with the rest of us
Yeah, was a tough time and was indifferent on Killzone 2, but now I've moved on and am giving the X-Men Origins: Wolverine demo a good run through.

Prototype looks like alot of fun, it reminds me alot of Crackdown, except with superpowers and a better storyline.

Not all games this gen need to have 'great' grimdark graphics. If the game is fun, I don't care. Some of the most enjoyable games I've played this gen have had poorer graphics than the norm.

Agreed.

I've never been a massive fan of Sanbox games, and in fact Crackdown was the first one I felt compelled to play right through.

It was offering something a bit different (the super hero abilities and cell shaded graphics) and that made it appealing

Same principle goes for Prototype, graphics are not the best I've seen, but gameplay > graphics any day of the week for me

Plus, prototype looks like a nice blend of powers, varied missions, vehicles etc.

Looks like a heap of fun

Pre-order bonus at JB Hi-Fi, 7" Alex Mercer figurine, nothing from EB yet.

Source: http://www.jbhifionline.com.au/Product/426098/PROTOTYPE_(Bonus_Figurine)
426098_0_81.jpg

He sounds exactly like Rorshach from Watchmen.

The graphics in the cutscene are very nice, only wish they could've transfered to the actual game a little better, watching the first mission(Available on youtube) the game looks a bit too hack and slash at the moment(And not a real fluid hack and slash game), then again, it is only the first mission and his powers aren't fully realised, but the game has a lot of hack and slash to it, which isn't what I was hoping for, not to mention the health bar is pretty much useless as you lose about half a millimetre of health when shot or hit(Could've been on easy though if there is a difficulty slider in the game).

god damn i'm a sucker for awesome cinematics

i was def on the fence about this one before but it's pretty high on the list now....:eek:

also the box art kicks ass too
probs the best looking cover there is

oh my freakon god that was gruesome and bloody and gory and wicked
i hope the controls aren't too complicated

and did i seriously see him elbow drop a tank!?

SWEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEETTTTTTTT!! :D:D

You have to wonder what the OFLC's procedure is when classifying games, don't get me wrong, I didn't want Prototype banned, but how this gets an MA15+ with THAT amount of gore(On humans too), but Fallout 3 has to be edited because of some Morphine is INSANE!!!

This has jumped up my games list in the last week or so, will be my next pre-order when I pick up inFAMOUS.

Still think it will be VERY hack and slash, also the gameplay will most likely be very much like HULK: Ultimate Destruction as it is from the same devs and has some of the same animations too(How lazy?), my main questions are over last ability now though, will the game stay fresh(Or interesting) after destroying everything/everyone time after time? It would be nice to have a challenge.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

You have to wonder what the OFLC's procedure is when classifying games, don't get me wrong, I didn't want Prototype banned, but how this gets an MA15+ with THAT amount of gore(On humans too), but Fallout 3 has to be edited because of some Morphine is INSANE!!!

This has jumped up my games list in the last week or so, will be my next pre-order when I pick up inFAMOUS.

Still think it will be VERY hack and slash, also the gameplay will most likely be very much like HULK: Ultimate Destruction as it is from the same devs and has some of the same animations too(How lazy?), my main questions are over last ability now though, will the game stay fresh(Or interesting) after destroying everything/everyone time after time? It would be nice to have a challenge.

OK, HBK, I'm not asking this as having a go....I am just curious

Consistently you've said that you're pumped for inFAMOUS and you like the look of Prototype, but worry it'll be repetitive.

Just answer me a question?

How can you not think inFAMOUS will be reptitive where there is one power throughout the game, where as Prototype offers vehicles, weapons, devastators, numerous powers and varied mission types.

I just honestly fail to see how you can think Prototype will be reptetitive, and inFAMOUS will not.

Forget graphics, inFAMOUS has better graphics, everyone knows that.

Lets just talk gameplay. To me, the gameplay looks 100 times more varied in Prototype than it does inFAMOUS (from the numerous vids I've seen).

So what is it?

Just answer me a question?

How can you not think inFAMOUS will be reptitive where there is one power throughout the game, where as Prototype offers vehicles, weapons, devastators, numerous powers and varied mission types.
Well, for one, I have now played inFAMOUS, it wasn't repetitive, the gameplay has this amazing flow to it, you jump from building to buildings use an electrical grenade here and there, use your force push to fling enemies miles away, you combo a lot of things together, it isn't just use whatever power you have, it has a real strategic feel, it isn't a button masher, which is what Prototype looks like, not to mention the karma aspect adds a lot to the gameplay side of inFAMOUS, Prototype is mainly just kill/destroy everyone and everything.

It's not really a repetitive thing right now, more how will it last with how the game plays, there doesn't look to be much of a challenge with Prototype, inFAMOUS there is, that is where my repetitive stance is right now.

Came out today (Tuesday) 1 day earlier than expected

Had about an hour or 2 on it and its quite good. Camera can be a bit annoying, but is very easily rectified with a click of a button

Nice brutal moves and tonnes of blood. Is heaps of fun, but it looks like it might be a bit on the harder side as you go, the 1st mission was intense (you will see if you play it, the battle with the monsters in the military plant) took me a few go's to get it

Well worth picking up :thumbsu:

bit surprised that there hasn't been much talk about this game. I'm thinking about picking it up later today, anyone who has it want to give a quick review?

I've read a few reviews online and they seem mixed. It seems that people either love it or hate it

bit surprised that there hasn't been much talk about this game. I'm thinking about picking it up later today, anyone who has it want to give a quick review?

I've read a few reviews online and they seem mixed. It seems that people either love it or hate it

Well I love it... I'm not a big gamer but my mate pretty much commanded me to get it the other day so I did and very much enjoying it.

Well I love it... I'm not a big gamer but my mate pretty much commanded me to get it the other day so I did and very much enjoying it.

Me too. Only played an hour but lots of fun so far. The Crackdown comparisons are pretty apt IMO, I loved that game

Graphics are OK, a bit bland overall. My main gripe is that the pedestrians are totally lifeless. They sort of walk around like drones. Makes killing them easier I guess

Pretty s**t game IMO at the moment anyway.

Feels really incomplete. That or it's just way too underdone.

First off, graphically this game is DEPLORABLE. I knew that the graphics would be poor before I got the game, but DAMN! This wouldn't pass for PS2/XBOX graphics half the time. Worst part is that there seems to only be one island in the whole game(That being the main-middle?-area of New York City, which isn't even recreated very well with half of the landmarks not there and 90% of the buildings just the same bland thing over and over), overall the scale would probably be no more than Algonquin in GTA IV and yet the graphics are about 40 times worse, makes NO SENSE!

A few of the worst parts to the graphics in this game are that you can literally throw a tank at a wall/window and NOTHING happens, no scratch, no dent, no damage at all, SHOCKING! There is NO building deformation apart from pre-determined ones which are laughable at best and might I mention a COMPLETE rip-off/rehash of The Incredible Hulk game that Radical made too(LAZY?!). Another part is the 'infected(Basically zombies)' who look act and seem like they were ripped straight from the Saints Row 2 zombie mini-game, WTF?!!!!:confused:

Second thing would be the whole gameplay mechanics. Nothing against the powers which are quite fun, but the controls(No not too hard controls, but too awkward controls) are awful and the game just gets to a stage of chaos that isn't really needed. It becomes a spam the controller type of game(Button mashing basically) because there tend to be just too many enemies around you at once with no real idea of who you should go for first and some of the control placement for combos/specials are just wrong(Just for one of the many different awful button choices take this example from IGN US' review of Prototype "And then I looked up how to do a cannonball: Hold the Square Button and then hit Circle at the same time while in the air. Two buttons that are on opposite sides of the diamond and cumbersome to reach", there are more than just this, some require just shocking finger placements for the combos and specials it is just bad).

Third thing is the side missions. WTF?!!! Where is the variety? Where is the Prototype imprint on these missions? Why are they just basic races and killing rampages that have been in pretty much every single sandbox game this history has seen? Granted I haven't gotten a huge way into the side missions, but this is all I have seen so far. TELL ME IT GETS BETTER?! If not big :thumbsdown::thumbsdown: for the side missions and pretty much the replayability/longevity of the game.

A few of the GOOD things in this game. The story, so far it is quite good, has a nice flow to it and looks like it could be a rather good thing to sit through. The Web of Intrigues, these are fantastic, love the style of them and that the people you are to consume are just scattered around the city and will/can pop up at any time whether you are in a mission or not. Would be nice if there could be more TBH as for me they offer the most enthralling part of the game, getting that kill is just great fun.

The gore is brilliant. Slicing through anyone and everyone on the street takes a while to get old, unlocking more powers and abilities should offer a lot of fun while not on a mission. Probably the goriest game I have played yet, just doesn't let up with the amount of gore and is probably the best looking (graphically) thing in the game. Slicing people every which way is awesome especially seeing some of the slices you can actually get on people, quite fun.:thumbsu:

So overall at the moment even though I am (hopefully) far from finished the game those are my thoughts(There are plenty more but that is a shitload to read for anyone, sorry it's my first day:)).

If this is tl:dr then this sums it up: Awful graphically, fairly poor(Mainly awkward) game controls and gameplay settings with chaos ruling over a more level headed but still challenging game which tends to turn the game into a button masher with no real direction in terms of action. Has a bit of potential to come good through the story, gore and webs of intrigue though.

One thing I will say is that Radical have stuffed up this amazing concept, maybe a bit better of a developer could've turned this into something that would've easily been one of the best open-world games had it been done right. This won't be done 'right' at best it will just be done 'ok-alright' don't see it getting much better than that TBCH.

Scathing HBK.
I've watched a few of the missions on you tube and decided I'll stick with playing infamous for now.

One mission where he "attempts" to consume a creature that's to powerful for him had the character jerking his way through flight, like jolting his arms, hips etc, that motion looked terrible.

Scathing HBK.
Yeah it was. I guess when you have high hopes from such an amazing concept, yet it lets you down so badly and is just an average most likely at best title it brings out the worst in you.:eek:
I've watched a few of the missions on you tube and decided I'll stick with playing infamous for now.
Definitely the right choice. In terms of gameplay, graphical and just overall polish(and depth) to the game inFAMOUS is leagues ahead. I don't recommend going from inFAMOUS to Prototype(Like I did), it's a massive step down in overall quality. Prototype to inFAMOUS would in comparison seem like the best game of all time.

Simply put though if Prototype had of had a competent developer and come through with amazing gameplay, graphical and overall professional polish(and depth) to the game inFAMOUS wouldn't have been able to hold a candle to Prototype. In the end though it is the opposite of that and by a fair way too.
One mission where he "attempts" to consume a creature that's to powerful for him had the character jerking his way through flight, like jolting his arms, hips etc, that motion looked terrible.
Strangely enough the animations are usually the best of the lot, although that animation(Which I know the exact one) does look fairly crap and you're stopped from doing anything for a second or two while it plays out and if your aiming is wrong and trying to consume a human for energy it can be shocking to your health and flow.

This is like comparing my faecal matter with your pile of vomit, but I found this quite alarming.

PS3 vs Xbox 360

I also read somewhere that the PC version has the same particle shadow effects as the Xbox 360 (ie. none).

I wonder what's going on here? :confused:

Remove this Banner Ad

Back