QFA Div 1

Remove this Banner Ad

Saxon Crozier getting injured killed them
Looks like Macanawai also missed a few games at the end of the season, 2 very good QAFL level players being out for part of the year hurts massively. Can also say the same for Beenleigh, wonder how different their season would’ve been if Murdoch didn’t get injured, easily the best player in the comp in my opinion and makes a massive difference to that team.

I think the teams that have joined this competition has held themselves really well over the last few years with the step up Hinterland, Moreton, Beenleigh.

The other ridiculous thing is the second highest competition in SEQ is playing finals in early August.

Good luck to all the teams.
Which has been the significant difference in the past decade when sides have come up into this tier of footy - they have been belted and gone back down pretty soon after. Admittedly no Maroochy or Noosa anymore but it seems a good spot to develop your club in a good standard of footy.

Which has been the significant difference in the past decade when sides have come up into this tier of footy - they have been belted and gone back down pretty soon after. Admittedly no Maroochy or Noosa anymore but it seems a good spot to develop your club in a good standard of footy.
Having no Noosa or Maroochydore certainly helps clubs feel better about coming up, especially for trying to get a reserves team together on a long road trip, back in the day the Noosa and Maroochydore reserves used to flog teams just as much as their seniors did so lots of teams struggled to get ressies teams together on those long road trips. Have heard rumours though of Noosa looking to come back down from QAFL level as same as Mt Gravatt, not sure how true it is though.

I agree with it being all credit to Hinterland, Moreton & Beenleigh as suggested but when you reference Maroochydore and Noosa as a reason they’re competitive I’d suggest that all that simply says is a 3-peat from well oiled Mayne outfits delayed the Sunny Coast duo promoting because of their thirst to bag some premierships first.

I agree with it being all credit to Hinterland, Moreton & Beenleigh as suggested but when you reference Maroochydore and Noosa as a reason they’re competitive I’d suggest that all that simply says is a 3-peat from well oiled Mayne outfits delayed the Sunny Coast duo promoting because of their thirst to bag some premierships first.
Yes thats probably fair too. In fact Hinterland delayed their entry into Div 1 for this reason too. Which is fair enough imo. Have to provide some nourishment... :)

Having no Noosa or Maroochydore certainly helps clubs feel better about coming up, especially for trying to get a reserves team together on a long road trip, back in the day the Noosa and Maroochydore reserves used to flog teams just as much as their seniors did so lots of teams struggled to get ressies teams together on those long road trips. Have heard rumours though of Noosa looking to come back down from QAFL level as same as Mt Gravatt, not sure how true it is though.
I think there has been some discussion about this occurring but from my understanding it has (thankfully) been knocked on the head by the powers up there. Silly talk.

Hi All,
Just had a look on the AFLQ website, and I can not find any information detailing the start of finals for some community football this weekend?
From what I can see finals start for the following competitions?
DIV 3 South Friday night
Div 4 South Friday Night
Div 1 Hart Sports Cup Seniors and Reserves
QAFLW Seniors and Reserves

Last edited:
zero on all the social media and their website that finals are commencing in multiple senior divisions.

pathetic

might be a good pic of trish and her kids in a corporate box somewhere though?

Would’ve thought there would be enough info in the Div 1 comp at least to start doing a write up for the finals, kinda disappointing that one of the closest comps all year doesn’t get anything in terms of promotion other than a copy and paste Facebook post every week about “here’s the fixture” or “here are the results” from Div 1

Would’ve thought there would be enough info in the Div 1 comp at least to start doing a write up for the finals, kinda disappointing that one of the closest comps all year doesn’t get anything in terms of promotion other than a copy and paste Facebook post every week about “here’s the fixture” or “here are the results” from Div 1
Totally agree
Given the talent that is involved in Div 1, I am surprised at the complete lack of reporting of this comp.
Look at any team and you see players that have played in every comp from around the country including TSL?, NEAFL, VFL, QAFL, SANFL and the AFL.
on top of that you have a very good crop of young Men 16-19 players that are making their way into Senior football through this competition
Many of which could easily make their way onto a QAFL roster.
Plus the closeness of scores and the ladder.
I feel the governing body is missing a great oppertunity here.

Do they promote any comp?

Love to meet the work experience kid that does the marketing. It’s on a par with the competition management, umpiring and overall corporate governance.

Was bad 10 years ago. Now it’s horrific.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Do they promote any comp?

Love to meet the work experience kid that does the marketing. It’s on a par with the competition management, umpiring and overall corporate governance.

Was bad 10 years ago. Now it’s horrific.

I don’t agree a lot with what you say but I 100% agree with this. The governance is diabolical from Juniors right through to the Seniors. I don’t blame the competition managers or those at the coal face. They’re understaffed and paid peanuts.
The AFL is a fat cat society. Those at the top are well looked after whilst the minions scramble to make it work.
Queensland footy on a whole is flying. Numbers are up, clubs are outgrowing their facilities everywhere but the AFL continues to run grass roots on a shoestring

I don’t agree a lot with what you say but I 100% agree with this. The governance is diabolical from Juniors right through to the Seniors. I don’t blame the competition managers or those at the coal face. They’re understaffed and paid peanuts.
The AFL is a fat cat society. Those at the top are well looked after whilst the minions scramble to make it work.
Queensland footy on a whole is flying. Numbers are up, clubs are outgrowing their facilities everywhere but the AFL continues to run grass roots on a shoestring
I agree with all that Dom - easy to throw barbs when you don't understand the inner workings. Some might say the game is going gang busters in spite of what happens with the marketing of the game. Really disappointing though for Div 1 clubs not to be having some time in the sun this week - far more important than the QAFL match ups.

BTW reckon the umpiring at QAFL level is pretty reasonable all things considered. Occasionally you have to go and watch a game as an independent and that gives you a far better indicator.

Wow 95 points, that is seriously embarrassing for Mayne. One goal after quarter time, they wouldn't have been beaten like that for many years.

On SM-G781B using BigFooty.com mobile app
weird one scoreboard wise. Would have had 80% of the play q1 but came into quarter time even. Missed a lot of shots that should have probably had them evenish at half time but instead were 20 points down, then a procession after half time

Caloundra just gritted it out. Against a fairly good breeze in Q4 and only a kick up. Actually dominated most of the last qrt and although not a game that reached great heights it was a solid win I thought.

Obv coming up against a shell shocked Mayne. Be interesting to c how that pans out

Caloundra just gritted it out. Against a fairly good breeze in Q4 and only a kick up. Actually dominated most of the last qrt and although not a game that reached great heights it was a solid win I thought.

Obv coming up against a shell shocked Mayne. Be interesting to c how that pans out
Definitely will be an interesting 2nd round of finals. Fair play to hinterland on making finals in their first year in Div 1, huge effort.

Mayne v Caloundra will be an interesting one, the panthers getting Mason back last week was obviously a huge help for them, they’re a totally different team with him in it. Mayne obviously had their colours lowered a bit and will definitely be looking to make a statement after that performance on the weekend. Be interesting to see if they can get any of their guns back that didn’t play on the weekend, Schmidt, Quin, Ivers obviously very important parts of their team and make a huge difference to their structure.

Coorparoo v Springwood will be an absolute belter once again if the last 2 meetings are anything to go off, get the feeling that even though they’re playing each other this weekend that they will likely be playing off in the GF against each other two weeks later. Will be a hell of a game that’s for sure, some absolute class on both teams.

Pantehrs had Allison pull out the night before plus young Ronchi with the State 17's group - they should be both back this week which will help. Mason was very good - composed, uses ball well, a lot of their play goes through him.

Pantehrs had Allison pull out the night before plus young Ronchi with the State 17's group - they should be both back this week which will help. Mason was very good - composed, uses ball well, a lot of their play goes through him.
Young Ronchi is a very good talent, Caloundra will do well to hold onto him in the coming years, would imagine Maroochydore would probably be sniffing round for him. Mayne should also get young Fry as well from the state 17’s back so should be a good game.

Young Ronchi is a very good talent, Caloundra will do well to hold onto him in the coming years, would imagine Maroochydore would probably be sniffing round for him. Mayne should also get young Fry as well from the state 17’s back so should be a good game.
If Ronchi wants to be drafted then he will need to move next year to a qafl club. Just is what it is

Any truth to Redcliffe Womens forfeiting a final? Some serious rethinking required from AFLQ about the embarrassment it is becoming

Remove this Banner Ad

Back