QFA Div 1

Remove this Banner Ad

Would think the Kings get the home rooms...?

Think the away rooms would be Springwood, Mayne, Sandgate Womens, Moreton Womens - recipe for disaster

Home rooms would be Kings, Kings, Panthers, Panthers - not so bad.

Would think the Kings get the home rooms...?

Think the away rooms would be Springwood, Mayne, Sandgate Womens, Moreton Womens - recipe for disaster

Home rooms would be Kings, Kings, Panthers, Panthers - not so bad.

Bit over dramatic don’t you think? Clubs will just need to be more tolerant and respectful. No different to any other time another female team plays at Kedron after the Senior men’s.

First div 1 game I have watched. The standard wasn’t anywhere near as good as I expected it to be but wow. Springwood did a number on Coopooroo after midway through the second quarter.

Great viewing

First div 1 game I have watched. The standard wasn’t anywhere near as good as I expected it to be but wow. Springwood did a number on Coopooroo after midway through the second quarter.

Great viewing
Often isn't in GFs. I was flicking on and off during the game, Springwood to tough and full of run, serious question did Cooparoo have to many old legs out there?

Often isn't in GFs. I was flicking on and off during the game, Springwood to tough and full of run, serious question did Cooparoo have to many old legs out there?
Same old legs that got them a 6 goal win over Springwood only 2 weeks ago so you wouldn’t think so.

I wonder with the undefeated season and then getting what looked to be a comfy lead early they just got a bit complacent and as we know in footy it’s hard to stop teams full of momentum.

Same old legs that got them a 6 goal win over Springwood only 2 weeks ago so you wouldn’t think so.

I wonder with the undefeated season and then getting what looked to be a comfy lead early they just got a bit complacent and as we know in footy it’s hard to stop teams full of momentum.
Yep fair enough, I'm not up to date with what's happened to this point. Looked like a decent crowd and good atmosphere.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Yep fair enough, I'm not up to date with what's happened to this point. Looked like a decent crowd and good atmosphere.
The kings did the same thing to Robina when they where a powerhouse
In 2013 undefeated and beat the kings by 8 in the 2nd semi
When Kory Fulton played for the ROOS
THE KINGS WON

Not a chance springwood would ever go to QAFL, club could not sustain it for a share of reasons, resources, financial, personnel etc
i think you’d find the Kings playing group are of a similar opinion for their club as well even with facilities available to accommodate. From all reports this QAFL chatter has not involved them & they are as in the dark on whats apparently been happening than anyone outside the club.

Not a chance springwood would ever go to QAFL, club could not sustain it for a share of reasons, resources, financial, personnel etc
It's a massive step up in standard - would need to find at least half a side to compete imo based on watching both comps this year.

So flag favourites for 2024 would have to be the previous two winners in Coops and Pumas?

Could 2024 be the last year coops is in div 1 before they allegedly move up to QAFL in 2025.

Hopefully UQ can finally make the jump into finals for the first time since their drop to div 1.

So flag favourites for 2024 would have to be the previous two winners in Coops and Pumas?

Could 2024 be the last year coops is in div 1 before they allegedly move up to QAFL in 2025.

Hopefully UQ can finally make the jump into finals for the first time since their drop to div 1.
Would imagine favourites are both Coops and Springwood, both teams seem to have retained the majority of their lists. Will still be a very even comp though I’d imagine. Caloundra losing Alison to Redcliffe will hurt them but they still have some top tier talent. Mayne will be interesting under the new coaching team but have always been strong. Beenleigh suffered a lot of injuries last year so will be interesting to see how they go next year. Two of Hinterlands best players off to Aspley but seem to have a couple handy recruits come through already for them. Should be a tight even comp again next year hopefully.

Have it on good authority that Mayne have recruited some elite talent and are going all in to win the flag next season before rebuilding. Collings, McLean and Morrison all probably playing their last season and want to go out with a bang. Rumours going around the that Caleb Brown has been at preseason training, would be massive for the Tigers if he plays again.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back