QFA Div 4&5

Remove this Banner Ad

Big win by Jets and I'm sure a local rivalry of sorts will be locked in now... Once Caloundra move up a division it will be really good to see this lower level of footy having their own rivalries here on the coast. Noosa may look to get a 3rds side up and about in due course as well if they know the travel is maximum to nth Brisb
Once AFLQ accept that Friday nights is a legitimate delivery of the game you'll probably have double the teams on top of what we have now. There would be plenty of clubs that could put a 2nd team out on Friday nights

There used to be a Sunny Coast thirds comp not that long ago. Was on a Saturday not Friday night.
And prob why it isn't in existence now - for blokes to be able to fill their boots on a Fri night, and then have the whole weekend free for family, mates, travel whatever is pretty enticing. Most major social functions are on a Saturday night so playing Fri avoids this too. Its a no brainer to me and more so if the comps can be localised.

Certainly some interesting results. Most competitions look like being fairly even. Perhaps a couple teams may struggle. Hopefully they continue to improve and close the gaps. 2 Div 4 sides from last year beating Div 3 sides might not be that much between the grades in the north.

With caloundra having 45 guys on their list registered for Fri nights, the Jets with a similar number and no doubt the Roos are comfortable for numbers as well it is a big deal on the SC Fri night footy right now!!
Kawana had Friday night footy on the radar a couple of years back. If they can get moving there is a definite potential for sunny coast Friday night comp

Am I reading the Morningside Div 3 teamsheet correct that Jared Brennan and Karmichael Hunt played? Interested to hear how they went. One off or in for the season?

Some big results in div 3 south comp, should be a very competitive comp. Pac pines look like they will be the team to beat with a big win.

Some big results in div 3 south comp, should be a very competitive comp. Pac pines look like they will be the team to beat with a big win.
I wouldn’t read too much into the result. Moorooka are in a complete different stage to us as far as playing personnel goes, they have had a mass exodus of players and did a good job to get the players to give a game.

Coorparoo are a very good outfit and will be around the mark I think.

As we know with Friday night footy though each week differs so much to the last based on player availability.

We are looking forward to the season against some real quality teams.

As we know with Friday night footy though each week differs so much to the last based on player availability.

Or the obvious planning of ex QAFL talent at the right times and through final series ....

be pretty dirty when ya dropped for blokes that played less then half a season and then play every final :rolleyes: flags over kulture I guess..

Or the obvious planning of ex QAFL talent at the right times and through final series ....

be pretty dirty when ya dropped for blokes that played less then half a season and then play every final :rolleyes: flags over kulture I guess..
So you prefer not to play your best 22?

Pardon my ignorance but are 3rd, Friday night sides not treated as stand alone teams? I thought if you were part of the main Saturday list you were not available for Fridays.

Pardon my ignorance but are 3rd, Friday night sides not treated as stand alone teams? I thought if you were part of the main Saturday list you were not available for Fridays.
Up for debate but as I understand the 3rds are treated as a separate team to the Saturday squad. However when one is short or full they may play across or across clubs. If you've played seniors in any level in that year you are automatically unable to come back to 3rds/Friday nights.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

So you prefer not to play your best 22?

If that was the mentality they would play a large portion of the season not scrape them in to qualify then play them in every final by dropping plenty of other blokes ...I will add while a few of them still play a handful of QAFL ressie matches to boot, cause if they play seniors they cant come back.

some might see it as good management, other may see it as taking the piss as well
No doubt well see it unfold this year for a 3rd year straight and they well call themselves world beaters again :rolleyes:
.....all while marching to back to back spoons in the QAFL :think:

If that was the mentality they would play a large portion of the season not scrape them in to qualify then play them in every final by dropping plenty of other blokes ...I will add while a few of them still play a handful of QAFL ressie matches to boot, cause if they play seniors they cant come back.

some might see it as good management, other may see it as taking the piss as well
No doubt well see it unfold this year for a 3rd year straight and they well call themselves world beaters again :rolleyes:
.....all while marching to back to back spoons in the QAFL :think:
So you're having a go at Sherwood/Woodies? I'll leave you to your opinion because I'm not here to argue their case however I'll just say that I reckon you could go to nearly every Friday night team (both Div 3 & Div 4) & every Saturday QFA Div 1 & 2 senior teams (as well as at QAFL level for that matter) and point to a plethora of guys who could play at a higher level, some of them significantly. They will all have their own reasons - step back to play with mates, work commitments that prevent either weekend or training, now have their kids/kids sport on Saturdays. Some of them played seniors for 10 years etc etc.

Would argue that if you play QAFL 2's or seniors then that immediately eliminates you from playing Div 4 - same with Div 1 players. If you want to keep the credibility of the comp in some form then the rule needs to be tighter.

Would argue that if you play QAFL 2's or seniors then that immediately eliminates you from playing Div 4 - same with Div 1 players. If you want to keep the credibility of the comp in some form then the rule needs to be tighter.

So a guy playing reserves at a club, misses selection, isn't allowed to play 3rds? Isn't that how selection is supposed to work?

there are alot of myths in the Friday night space, I think there are certainly some good players across the competition - but if Morningside, Sherwood or Mt Grvatt 3rds (as examples) played their 2's on a Saturday morning with 4 x 25 min quarters, I reckon they would all get spanked, because after all, they are the 3rds. A few 35 year old ex senior stars won't make up the difference in fitness, ball movement and depth across the 22.

So a guy playing reserves at a club, misses selection, isn't allowed to play 3rds? Isn't that how selection is supposed to work?

there are alot of myths in the Friday night space, I think there are certainly some good players across the competition - but if Morningside, Sherwood or Mt Grvatt 3rds (as examples) played their 2's on a Saturday morning with 4 x 25 min quarters, I reckon they would all get spanked, because after all, they are the 3rds. A few 35 year old ex senior stars won't make up the difference in fitness, ball movement and depth across the 22.
Nah - don't think you should be allowed to play up and down from 2's to 3rds - completely different competitions irrespective of the names of the clubs. Like juniors really. As we all know 2nds QAFL footy could easily have some very good players moved downwards under the guise of list management :) Not just a 35yr old !

Nah - don't think you should be allowed to play up and down from 2's to 3rds - completely different competitions irrespective of the names of the clubs. Like juniors really. As we all know 2nds QAFL footy could easily have some very good players moved downwards under the guise of list management :) Not just a 35yr old !
Ok. Cancel all match and season permits. You just killed off Moorooka who are relying on permits.

What about Nick Malcesci? Played AFL, can't play Friday night?

It always gets a bit awkward when your 3rds are dominating and your ressies are getting flogged. Pretty sure it’s caused issues with clubs in the past . That’s why most if not all the 3rds are totally separate. As they should be. I still don’t get Marcellin though. Are they the Grange or are they school old boys 🤔

Upon reflection you probably do next a permit to move out of comp that isn't the seniors/ressies. But SMY, I don't reckon dropping back within season actually happens tbh

no club in their right mind pushes a guy down who is a keen 2's player into their 3rds because they want to stack their 3rds. It simply doesn't happen

Most clubs run relatively seperate anyway, they may only take the ressies leftovers when they need the numbers.

Admittedly have had zero to do with any Friday night set up involving QAFL clubs but at others I've noticed it's often thirds players filling in for the odd reserves game than the other way around

Correct.

For example, I played QAFL Reserves last year. I was 41 at the time and had played a Div 3 final the night before.

I did take mark of the century though 🤣

IMG-20220815-WA0000.jpg

As for the rest of the laughable rubbish, It's not even worth giving it oxygen as its simply not supported by any facts at all.

We've played short in finals in the last 2 years, and for the last 2 grand finals we've picked 22 players from 24 fit available players who are qualified, so not sure who was missing out after playing all year!

Correct.

For example, I played QAFL Reserves last year. I was 41 at the time and had played a Div 3 final the night before.

I did take mark of the century though 🤣

View attachment 1663582

As for the rest of the laughable rubbish, It's not even worth giving it oxygen as its simply not supported by any facts at all.

We've played short in finals in the last 2 years, and for the last 2 grand finals we've picked 22 players from 24 fit available players who are qualified, so not sure who was missing out after playing all year!
And you didn’t get pick in the ones after that mark, you must have that framed 😂 I wish I could get off the ground

Remove this Banner Ad

Back