QFA Div 4&5

Remove this Banner Ad

I rest my case as to the standard of footy AND the participant.

Embarrassment to the game is an understatement
There is a great opportunity for you Freddy at Pac Pines with the premiership coach moving on from the Friday night space. You should get into it and show us all your virtuoso football knowledge and skills. I’ll put in a supportive recommendation if you like. Would be able to get permission to stay up late on Friday nights?

You could polish that Freddy Cup of yours all night long.

Has anyone heard a whisper of AFLQ merging the Div 3 & 4 comps for next season? So it’ll be just Div 3 North and Div 3 South.

If it’s been 2 years since a restructure, AFLQ will look to change as much as they can without asking anyone and leave it as late as possible to actually tell clubs who are trying to plan for whatever next year will look like.
Id like to see Coolangatta and a sunny coast team in the same comp. A nice 300km Friday night trip would be wonderful!

Why would anything change?

Move Caloundra up to Div 3 north.

I knew teams to come into Div 4. Will Redcliffe get up this year?

Why would anything change?

Move Caloundra up to Div 3 north.

I knew teams to come into Div 4. Will Redcliffe get up this year?
That actually makes sense Freddy. Well done. I will however suggest you reconsider your statement about Pac Pines to Saturdays.

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I couldn’t give a fat rats if they do or don’t.

Just going on AFLQ leadership word.

If they’d prefer to stick with the Fri night chits and giggles that’s up to them. Imagine paying matchies to win a social comp
You and AFLQ. Like Clark Kent & Superman. I never see you two in the same room…… Freddy, are you AFLQ?

Id like to see Coolangatta and a sunny coast team in the same comp. A nice 300km Friday night trip would be wonderful!
That actually was what the Pineapple Hotel Cup days was exactly like - Noosa to Cooly, PBC, Surfers, Burleigh all in the one season. M1 wasn't the 5 lane highway it is now either. Was problematic... :) And esp bc Cooly were a very good side in those days!

I loved the trip to Cooly when I was coaching Sandgate. Same with heading up to Noosa (although was a daunting place to play). Never had to go from Noosa to Cooly but, that’s a tough trip!

I loved the trip to Cooly when I was coaching Sandgate. Same with heading up to Noosa (although was a daunting place to play). Never had to go from Noosa to Cooly but, that’s a tough trip!
Yea tbh when I was playing at Noosa was living in Maroochydore so 45min closer :) But even still it was something that was embraced. Could make a weekend of it of course.
Playing at Noosa with the old clubhouse at the northern end of the ground was very intimidating for oppo players. Especially if you played FB or FF - copped plenty!

Yea tbh when I was playing at Noosa was living in Maroochydore so 45min closer :) But even still it was something that was embraced. Could make a weekend of it of course.
Playing at Noosa with the old clubhouse at the northern end of the ground was very intimidating for oppo players. Especially if you played FB or FF - copped plenty!
My old man won a BnF playing at Noosa in the 80’s and remember as a kid the old clubhouse. I also remember playing there in Pineapple Cup days and copping plenty from the new clubhouse and around all round the ground hahaha

I still remember rocking up to the main game at Noosa and watching the 2s before we warmed up vs PBC and one of the PBC 2nds blokes had obv come up with an eye on his night ahead as distinct from his match. He had obv forgotten his footy boots and was playing FB in his nice leather shoes. Bloody funny stuff.

My old man won a BnF playing at Noosa in the 80’s and remember as a kid the old clubhouse. I also remember playing there in Pineapple Cup days and copping plenty from the new clubhouse and around all round the ground hahaha
U would have been a handy father / son pick up bk then mate 😁
GK u would have enjoyed those long trips north with the cooly boys no doubt 😅

U would have been a handy father / son pick up bk then mate 😁
GK u would have enjoyed those long trips north with the cooly boys no doubt 😅
Yes mate enjoyed a few long weekends in Noosa with the cooly boys for footy,
We always made a weekend of it and I loved the feedback I got from the old clubhouse in the FP not sure I can repeat what was said to me but was very enjoyable feedback 😂😂

Footy was always played tough on the field and best thing was the boys all enjoyed a beer with us after the game at club and in the nightclubs

Remove this Banner Ad

Back