Status
Not open for further replies.
Aug 25, 2004
Sydney
AFL Club
St Kilda
Other Teams
Melbourne Storm, San Antonio Spurs
So glad to be playing at Etihad & not down at Sleepy Hollow.

There are enough changes to say that fatigue shouldn't be too much of a factor in our overall effort tonight, so am optimistic of a very good showing.

Who do people think our sub should be?

And is anyone else hopeful of a late withdrawal & for Markworth to get a gig? I know I am.

Carn the Saints! And good luck to the big fella Jason Holmes!

Last edited:
So glad we are finally playing NOT on a Sunday and NOT at the 4.40pm slot!! Hopefully next season we get less of those matches as we start to play better footy!!

Its very rare for a team to make 7 changes and take home the chocolates.

I'd also be interested to understand why Delaney isn't getting a game. Obviously he is not doing something that the coaches want him to do but I thought Hawkins being a big forward would be one of the reasons why we got him. Hopefully Keys can work through what he needs to work through and be ready for next season.

Think we will lose by 40-50 points with Hawkins kicking at least 6!!

Sub - Murdoch or Shenton?

I'd also be interested to understand why Delaney isn't getting a game. Obviously he is not doing something that the coaches want him to do but I thought Hawkins being a big forward would be one of the reasons why we got him. Hopefully Keys can work through what he needs to work through and be ready for next season.
He has been asked to be more damaging in getting the ball out of defence rather then just being a lock down key backman. It makes sense honestly, if Delaney wants a gig over Goddard and anyone new we get in he is going to have to play as good as them.

Delaney is already better then Zac Dawson was but I think he can still be better.

Anyone know of streams for this?
Channel 7 seems to do alright in that department.

He has been asked to be more damaging in getting the ball out of defence rather then just being a lock down key backman. It makes sense honestly, if Delaney wants a gig over Goddard and anyone new we get in he is going to have to play as good as them.

Delaney is already better then Zac Dawson was but I think he can still be better.

Good analysis. I think it's really a drive for everyone to haves as diverse skill set as possible. You just can't be one dimensional these days. Delaney seems to have spent a little bit of time up forward recently so it'll be interesting to see if they feel like he can be a bit of a swing man. Maybe he could play on the resting ruck and depending on rotations float forward when one of our key forwards is on the bench.

Good analysis. I think it's really a drive for everyone to haves as diverse skill set as possible. You just can't be one dimensional these days. Delaney seems to have spent a little bit of time up forward recently so it'll be interesting to see if they feel like he can be a bit of a swing man. Maybe he could play on the resting ruck and depending on rotations float forward when one of our key forwards is on the bench.
Its a testament to Richo's development ideals that Delaney is actually been given tasks to improve. Under Lyon he would likely have 100% had a spot as a lockdown defender but if Goddard overtook him Delaney wouldnt see another game outside of injury opening up spots. This way he has the opportunity to really improve his game and force his way back into the side. Makes everyone stronger.

Do you guys have any plans/someone to tag Selwood?

Do you guys have any plans/someone to tag Selwood?

Selwood always plays well against us....Mav Weller is our tagger but he has been playing a defensive forward role recently to great effect so not sure. I'd be happy if I had Selwood in my SC team this week.....

Selwood always plays well against us....Mav Weller is our tagger but he has been playing a defensive forward role recently to great effect so not sure. I'd be happy if I had Selwood in my SC team this week.....
Captain happy? Though Danger is playing Brisbane....

On another note. You guys seem to get it forward pretty quickly and often given we have Taylor, Kolo, Thurlow and Enright who are all great intercept markers do you think you're game play will change much?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Captain happy? Though Danger is playing Brisbane....

On another note. You guys seem to get it forward pretty quickly and often given we have Taylor, Kolo, Thurlow and Enright who are all great intercept markers do you think you're game play will change much?

No. We do well to get it into our forward 50 but struggle to create quality goal chances and our disposal lets us down. We've made 7 changes so not many people think we can win but who knows with this team. WE'll give you a run for your money but I see Hawkins will be the difference - 6 to him today at least. Will be too big and too strong...

I sort of hope that old boys from both sides sit back and let the youngsters have at it :)

Holmes Debuts for the Saints. Menzel returns for Geelong. Two great stories in one game.
Happy for both boys. Go Saints.

Fakin Luke flog Darcy again.
Oh well, ch7 OFF and Foxtel ON.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back