Preview R23 St Kilda v West Coast (domain stadium)

Remove this Banner Ad

Unavailable this week are Lee, Billings, Longer, White, Curren, Membrey, Wright & Payne. That leaves 37 fit.

Because St Kilda are playing this week, Sandy can pick any St Kilda listed player. They could play Riewoldt if they wanted.

I would think structure will have a bit to do with it, but I think you would want all of the older blokes playing for St Kilda this week so the younger ones get the VFL finals experience. The older blokes being Fisher, Riewoldt, Montagna, Dempster, Ray, Gilbert, Steven, Armitage and probably Delaney. Schneids won't play AFL this week, but I'm not if he's completely pulled the pin. My understanding is he could only play the 1st VFL final anyway.

So considering who was in the side last week, here are my changes:

Out: Schneider Goddard
In: Delaney Ray

I'd also be open to perhaps bringing Cam Shenton in for a youngster like Murdoch so Bull can play VFL finals.

i hope lonie comes over. my son loves that kid

I think the LTI closes after a certain time in the year, but if you have an open opportunity to upgrade, you can do that anytime. It is my belief that Billings was put on the LTI before the cut off date, so we could then upgrade a rookie at any time from that point.

Look, the Holmes-NicNat ruck contest is going to be interesting and exciting, but NicNat is going to absolutely molest Holmes around the ground if we make Holmes responsible for him.

I don't know that that is such a bad thing. Holmes decided to start playing AFL after watching Nic Nat play, surely there is some emotion in him trying to match it with him.

I have no issue with telling Holmes to run with Nic Nat as much as you can. When you can't go anymore (or Nic Nat goes forward) we'll give you a rest and let Hickey take over. If Holmes makes 60-70% game time then I'll take that as a win. He would learn so much from playing on someone of that high a quality and the tapes would be reviewed all off-season for further gain.

It should also free up the forward line a bit more too - hopefully leading to Bruce having a good story to finish the year on.

I think the LTI closes after a certain time in the year, but if you have an open opportunity to upgrade, you can do that anytime. It is my belief that Billings was put on the LTI before the cut off date, so we could then upgrade a rookie at any time from that point.
Yep, according to the injury list on the AFL website, Billings is on the LTI. Who did Holmes come in for though? On a bit of further digging, I think he came in when Billings went out, so maybe we aren't able to, which seems very ridiculous.

I am wondering if Savage will do a haka to support Riewoldt getting boos supposedly because of his German heritage. :p

Riewoldt isn't a pompous twat... (unlike his cousin)

Booing extraordinarily unlikely unless he king hits someone... which is also extraordinarily unlikely

Anyone who's done any travelling knows that the true wife-beater, well known throughout the world, is & always will be....

Stella_Artois_current_logo_2015.png

Anyways, back to the footy. West Coast will probably rest a few blokes that are sore so I expect us to play well but probably not win. West Coast have bigger fish to fry, so while they will want to win to keep the home final, a couple of players may miss for them onSaturday so they're cherry ripe next week

West Coast might rest a few of their guys? Priddis and Kennedy for starters. Could help a little bit, but would still expect to be beaten. Would just like a bit more spark than last week.

they wouldn't rest many players as they still need to win to keep top 2.

:thumbsu:Complete opposite to what WC are playing for but We are playing for our club as an entirety to build belief and go into the pre season with heads up and belief for 2016. All we should look for is a strong never say die attitude performance like we have played all season,round 6 was the best game I have been to! Just so excited for the next couple of years. Also great exposure for Holmes this week. Us saints supporters are very loyal, i couldn't think of anything better than seeing a sea of RW&B celebrating the long awaited GF Win!!! to those who haven't signed up during tough times watch them come out when we start rising, the sleeping giant will awaken.

:thumbsu:Complete opposite to what WC are playing for but We are playing for our club as an entirety to build belief and go into the pre season with heads up and belief for 2016. All we should look for is a strong never say die attitude performance like we have played all season,round 6 was the best game I have been to! Just so excited for the next couple of years. Also great exposure for Holmes this week. Us saints supporters are very loyal, i couldn't think of anything better than seeing a sea of RW&B celebrating the long awaited GF Win!!! to those who haven't signed up during tough times watch them come out when we start rising, the sleeping giant will awaken.
We will be looking to field as strong a team as possible.... at Sandringham. VFL finals experience is invaluable

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Look, the Holmes-NicNat ruck contest is going to be interesting and exciting, but NicNat is going to absolutely molest Holmes around the ground if we make Holmes responsible for him.

Why? Nic Nat is actually quite poor around the ground. He does not rack up big disposal numbers and the ball he does win is mainly gained at ruck contests.

Like Holmes he is a poor reader of the play away from ruck contests and does not know when and where to run. Hence his lack of impact around the ground.

If Hickey is coming out I think he might be carrying an injury which would explain his awful performance last week.

playing for the whogivesashit cup...
I do. Some of our prime yearlings are in that race.

Sinclair, McKenzie, Acres, Templeton, Pierce and Markworth doing their apprenticeships in the VFL finals.

Minchington, Saad, Pierce and Markworth playing for new contracts next year?

Last edited:

Remove this Banner Ad

Back