Preview R8: St Kilda v West Coast

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Shents sub and Acres full game please richo
Our coaching staff showing lots of faith in our midfield .
Interesting that Saints have more inside forward 50 entries than West Coast.
Our Tackle count is higher .
Top 20 Middies STK Armitage , Stevens
WCE Priddis , Masten
Our coaching staff showing lots of faith in our midfield .
Interesting that Saints have more inside forward 50 entries than West Coast.
Our Tackle count is higher .
Top 20 Middies STK Armitage , Stevens
WCE Priddis , Masten
It's steven

H, Payne is a skinny-as-a-rake 193cm third tall.

He's not now, nor will he ever be, a full back.
193cm and i said project, give him 2 years to just show 1 AFL trait as a FB or let him go

I think Lee replaces Fisher, Goddard probably the next in line for the big forwards but they probably don't want to do what Clarkson did to Zac Dawson.
Wasn't the Clarko/Dawson thing superseded by the Watters/Jackson Ferguson game against North? Poor kid was absolutely slaughtered :(

193cm and i said project, give him 2 years to just show 1 AFL trait as a FB or let him go
If he's let go it will have nothing to do with him not becoming a full back.

..... aaand thats why we need a devolping FB.
Forgot who posted it in the trade & draft forum, but came up with the name Tom Clurey (Pt.Adelaide) who could come at a reasonable price. I like Tanner Smith (Freo) who can play either end of the ground & would be fairly cheap. Both big, young lads, both taken mid draft, just the sort of players we need for moments like this.

Bit annoying, but completely understandable to why Hugh and Tom didn't make the squad. Would have loved to see them get a run, but it's against a really in form WCE outfit that could potentially destroy the confidence of Hugh or Tom if they played. Hugh didn't play last week in the VFL so it was unlikely that he came in for Delaney, and for someone who needs lots of confidence in Tom Lee, it would be very tough for him if he came in and JFK kicked 10 on him.

For Hugh and Lee, we will have to ease them in. Throwing them into the deep end from the start probably isn't the best thing for them. FAITH IN RICHO.

Forgot who posted it in the trade & draft forum, but came up with the name Tom Clurey (Pt.Adelaide) who could come at a reasonable price. I like Tanner Smith (Freo) who can play either end of the ground & would be fairly cheap. Both big, young lads, both taken mid draft, just the sort of players we need for moments like this.
I've said 'em both. A few of us have.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

If Weller isn't tagging Priddis, I'm going to go berserk. The bloke had 3 votes & 2 votes (Brownlow) in our 2 games against them last year, on top of 3 votes in the game in 2013...

Seriously, man this bloke up AR, he kills us! :mad:

@6PRSportsToday: Alan Richardson: David Armitage will more than likely captain the side against West Coast on the weekend @stkildafc

He also mentioned that Riewoldt had passed all the concussion tests and was ready to play but they still decided to give him another week.

I know it's fairly standard to rest players from the next game after a concussion but if they pass all the tests and are feeling OK then I don't see why they shouldn't be selected, another week off isn't going to make much difference.

If we were a genuine finals chance he probably would've played but in the position we're in I guess they don't see the point in taking any unnecessary risks.

Just quietly McKenzie keeps rolling on not even looking like getting the sub vest let alone being dropped. Seems to be very highly rated.

Just quietly McKenzie keeps rolling on not even looking like getting the sub vest let alone being dropped. Seems to be very highly rated.

He didn't have a great game last week but I'm glad they've shown faith in him, he was good against the Dogs so hopefully can reproduce that form.

He didn't have a great game last week but I'm glad they've shown faith in him, he was good against the Dogs so hopefully can reproduce that form.

+1. Send him to gaff/Wellingham. Watch both of them melt

I might be on my own but I like the backline line up. We've looked slow as down there, like the 1 less tall

Hope Tom Simpkin plays.

I've said it before, I want him to make it.

I just love the guys to whom footy doesn't come easy, and they work and work to make it.

This is Tom.

Will always give 100%

Good luck Head.

Dont think Kennedy will kick a massive bag, his elbow is still bothering him.
And its affecting his kicking accuracy.

id just don't think shenton is an AFL footballer, i didn't think it last year and i don't think it this year
the heck? Gee if we didn't want to play a Lee/Goddard on Kennedy we surely could have had Fisher play on him and Lee/Goddard on their other likely tall target up there? Really risky strategy here.

Glad to see Acres in though. Suspect Sinclair gets the vest this week.

Maybe Bruce will go to Kennedy and leave Hickey and Membrey to play as the KPFs? Anyway there was talk of sore players so maybe the Simpkin thing isn't just a ruse.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back