Discussion Random Chat MegaThread

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah but you can eat the chips at Nandos as a part of a healthy diet as long as you aren't eating them every day.

Only in extreme moderation. I've not had any fast food since I was last in Melbourne (Grand Final week), and I couldn't feel better about myself.

Only in extreme moderation. I've not had any fast food since I was last in Melbourne (Grand Final week), and I couldn't feel better about myself.

Whatever works for the individual I guess. If you're a model or a competition bodybuilder or whatever and you absolutely have to have superlow body fat then I get why you'd be so strict.

Whatever works for the individual I guess. If you're a model or a competition bodybuilder or whatever and you absolutely have to have superlow body fat then I get why you'd be so strict.
Why live a life where you're not striving for the absolute best in every facet, though?

Why live a life where you're not striving for the absolute best in every facet, though?

But you're only talking about one facet though, aren't you.

And it's not even really necessary. Ryan Bayley won two gold Olympic gold medals and used to smash KFC into himself several times a week.

I really can't stand most fast food myself, but each to their own really. Whenever I'm out with mates I find myself getting some form of chicken and rice, or just a couple of bits of grilled fish. I'm much happier with meals at home though.

Because some of us have very realistic expectations

It's not really that. It's an incredible effort to have a body that could go on the cover of Men's Health etc.

But you have to sacrifice a shitload of stuff to get there. Your discipline has to be pretty insane. Fast food is just the beginning. Your diet has to be incredibly well controlled.

Which is fine if it's your thing. But I really like vanilla slice. And I really like chips. I'm a pretty fit and healthy dude and I go to the gym and generally eat pretty well and whatever, but i'd still like to be able to have a beer with my team after cricket and eat what I want, provided I don't go crazy on sugar and fat.

But you're only talking about one facet though, aren't you.

And it's not even really necessary. Ryan Bayley won two gold Olympic gold medals and used to smash KFC into himself several times a week.

Yes, but I was trying to expand the point I'm making.

Chicken is a proper source of protein/energy (Usain Bolt swears by pre-race chicken nuggets). With track cycling, it's not essential to have the perfect BMI, hence Bayley's scoffing.

Its better then him doing absolutely stuff all though isn't it?

Which would you prefer, someone who has a regular (not healthy, but regular) diet, then works it off (and some) in the gym. Say 3 or so times a week. Or someone who consumes fast food etc then doesn't do anything for the rest of the day. IE, goes home and watches TV, or games or does something with limited benefit to his/her body.

At least he's conscious of the need to be active beyond walking etc.

Since my "mate" is a ....wit and is now looking at several years in gaol, let me give all the boys (and girls) on here some advice to avoid getting done for sexual assault (and other criminal acts):

* if your partner is under 16, no matter what they say they cannot give consent because they are underage
* if you coerce your partner (i.e. they don't want to give consent but you pressure them to), no matter what they say they do not give consent
* if your partner is under the influence of drugs or alcohol (i.e. intoxicated), no matter what they say they cannot give consent
* if you give your partner drugs or alcohol to get consent, you're a moron, but that's something completely different
* if your partner is restrained before or while they "give consent", they cannot give consent
* if your partner retracts consent or tells you to stop at any time during "activity", don't be a moron, stop.

If you don't follow the points above, say goodbye to your freedom. Even if she doesn't say anything to cops, she'll still probably tell her parents and they'll tell the cops. Don't be a moron, stay out of trouble. Don't be like the idiot that's going to spend the next 7 years of his life locked up (he was a dick anyway so good riddance)

EDIT: I also need to add that "restraint" could be simply locking the door to your bedroom or having them in your car. Also, adding to the top one, if you're in a position of any authority, they cannot give consent either.

That's due to your ego not your diet mate.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

G string clash does Amerika

Screen%20Shot%202015-03-06%20at%2010.50.57%20PM.png

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back