Random Random Chat Thread XL

Remove this Banner Ad

I think Keilor Heights Primary is the only school left in the area. Keilor South and lincolnville both gone. I finished up there in 1983. That's a scary thought.

Much of my misspent youth was spent at the Centreway and that 'playground' in the centre.

My first tentative forays into music were at jb hifi, both cassette and vinyl. I recall that weird gun shop and I had an aquarium fully set up by the friendly chap at 'the goldfish Bowl'.
Nowadays I get excited because the centreway was designed by Walter Burley Griffin.

I was pretty scared of the EK louts but I never got into a confrontation. My older brother and I used to walk along steeles creek through the tunnels all the way to airport west. I also remember being scared out of my wits when a friend and I stumbled across an extinguished fire and pentacle symbols in the quarry.

Free ranging days.
Zephyr, I saw you post in another thread and something clicked about one of our posters being an EK person and that being you.

I am now too - moved here six weeks ago from Moonee Ponds. Really liking it so far! Quarry has changed a fair bit hey...

I'm actually within spitting distance (well, a 800 metre spit) of Centreway myself.

My god though - even from where we are (well east of Milleara Road), those freight trains at 3am are ******* loud...

Zephyr, I saw you post in another thread and something clicked about one of our posters being an EK person and that being you.

I am now too - moved here six weeks ago from Moonee Ponds. Really liking it so far! Quarry has changed a fair bit hey...

I'm actually within spitting distance (well, a 800 metre spit) of Centreway myself.

My god though - even from where we are (well east of Milleara Road), those freight trains at 3am are ******* loud...

Welcome! It’s a good honest place. Pubs and bars a bit thin on the ground though. Good coffee shops and cafes in the centreway nowadays. I’ll wonder if people I see around there are you.

I love trains so never minded the loud freighters, my brother and I used to imagine skeletons jiggling and rattling the bars in the caged carriages as they went past in the dark. Weird especially as they don’t have caged carriages, they’re not circus trains.

Are you in the valley lake estate? My hood is the older part on the other side of Rachelle Road. Still good walks around the creek.
Welcome again and enjoy!

Welcome! It’s a good honest place. Pubs and bars a bit thin on the ground though. Good coffee shops and cafes in the centreway nowadays. I’ll wonder if people I see around there are you.

I love trains so never minded the loud freighters, my brother and I used to imagine skeletons jiggling and rattling the bars in the caged carriages as they went past in the dark. Weird especially as they don’t have caged carriages, they’re not circus trains.

Are you in the valley lake estate? My hood is the older part on the other side of Rachelle Road. Still good walks around the creek.
Welcome again and enjoy!
Nah not quite in the valley, it’s only a ten minute walk away though. Very close to the leisure centre. :)

Nah not quite in the valley, it’s only a ten minute walk away though. Very close to the leisure centre. :)
Mate I grew up in EK and went to Keilor Height PS. Moved out in 1995 to Essendon. Went to Essendon Grammar campus there.
We lived in Etka Ave just opposite Rachelle Rd (at the bottom of the hill).

Always warms the heart when I hear people loving that area. I miss it dearly.

Mate I grew up in EK and went to Keilor Height PS. Moved out in 1995 to Essendon. Went to Essendon Grammar campus there.
We lived in Etka Ave just opposite Rachelle Rd (at the bottom of the hill).

Always warms the heart when I hear people loving that area. I miss it dearly.
Ok that’s weird. I’m Etka Ave too. And went to PEGS.

Ok that’s weird. I’m Etka Ave too. And went to PEGS.
And KHPS. Have we ever been seen in the same room athe same time?

That is weird.

We were number 8. I haven't driven past it in many moons but the current owners have changed it a great deal and it doesn't look like the house I grew up in anymore sadly. There's a massive white concrete wall out the front as opposed to our small orange brick fence. I miss the place and am intrigued to know what it looks like inside to be honest. I get quite emotional about it to be fair as I never wanted to leave the place.

I went to KHPS from 1980 - 1987. PEGS to 1993.

I get that feels. I tend to get very emotional about Windy Hill and Mrs Clancy’s milk bar. My nan lived on Raleigh street and we could hear the roar of the crowds on saturdays. I bought my first bubble o bill at Mrs Clancy’s. Recently there was a post about her in the ‘we grew up in strathmore and Essendon’ Facebook page and I got very sentimental.

We should do an EK reunion/welcome tanked for all our local people when we can. I think there’s a few of us.
Get sloshed by the lake and point and laugh at the statue on the high ladder. Google Maps tells me it's called the watcher?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Lake? Are we talking the water filled old quarry? Did they take out all the car wrecks? People live in the quarry? Man time flies....
They did. As I recall they got all the cars out and I think they even got the VINs and cops/insurance companies pursued the frauds and criminal activity. The quarry was really blue when I was a kid, I guess from the metals in the cars. It’s not so blue now.
the streets are called ‘basalt’ and ‘quartz’ and other rock/quarry related names.

Thanks. I need something like that to fill the gaps between some garden beds but I'm no good at estimating the volume.
Most websites of these places give you a calculator based on dimensions. I thought it was way under when i ordered some mulch so got more. Turns out i was wrong so was mulching behind the shed the nature strip plants, bagging it up for the in-laws etc

Most websites of these places give you a calculator based on dimensions. I thought it was way under when i ordered some mulch so got more. Turns out i was wrong so was mulching behind the shed the nature strip plants, bagging it up for the in-laws etc
Yeah X*Y*Z is easy, it's complicated by multiple sides/sections and uneven ground.

Yeah X*Y*Z is easy, it's complicated by multiple sides/sections and uneven ground.

Yeah I had front and back, different widths for different sections etc so sectioned them off in order to do the individual sums, then add the result together. The ground was reasonably even though. I was surprised when i finished mulching the garden beds how seemingly exact the calculation was, and annoyed that I didn't listen to the advise I was clearly given from the website given I had just made more work for myself to get rid of the excess.

These badges go alright VelvetSledge

badge GIF by CBeebies Australia

Remove this Banner Ad

Back