Random Random Chat Thread XL

Remove this Banner Ad

Needles are more our thing.

No in all seriousness, I'm actually not too sure. There's bound to be someone here so plays with some ability though. The last time I tried I hit the ball onto the train tracks at Royal Park and it hit the roof of a passing train.

Anyone here play golf? Haven't played in 5 years and was looking to get back into it.

Tips on where to start?
Do you have a good set of clubs? If not, buy some. Old clubs can be very nasty on your game and hands. Also depends where you live. If you're in my area, Malvern Valley is a pretty good course to start out at.

Needles are more our thing.
Already had a discussion with one poster about how knitting was more difficult than child birth.
The last time I tried I hit the ball onto the train tracks at Royal Park and it hit the roof of a passing train.
Then you'd be perfect to play a round of golf with :p

Last edited:
Do you have a good set of clubs? If not, buy some. Old clubs can be very nasty on your game and hands. Also depends where you live. If you're in my area, Malvern Valley is a pretty good course to start out at.
Don't have a set of clubs anymore and don't particularly want to invest in a set or the BMW that comes with them :p.

I live in the dirty north-west where the closest course to me would be Keilor.

Don't have a set of clubs anymore and don't particularly want to invest in a set or the BMW that comes with them :p.

I live in the dirty north-west where the closest course to me would be Keilor.
Heh. I'm on the complete opposite side so have no idea about the places around there. Still think a good set of clubs will be vital, I started out with shocking ones and my hands hated them.

Heh. I'm on the complete opposite side so have no idea about the places around there. Still think a good set of clubs will be vital, I started out with shocking ones and my hands hated them.
Hmm might have a shop around then. Recommend any places or sites other than Drummond Golf?

Hmm might have a shop around then. Recommend any places or sites other than Drummond Golf?
The pro shop at your course will have a decent range but otherwise I don't know haha.

Rebel sport? Do you have them over there? Good golf shops should have a stock of loose second hand clubs that are better than crap quality but used. Can be some bargains.
We do. There's one in the CBD where I currently am so I might have a look during lunch.

You sure I don't need a sand wedge?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

You don't need a whole set. Driver, pitching wedge, 5 and 7 iron and a putter. :thumbsu:

I'd add either a 5 wood or 3 iron to that. When you top a drive and it just dribbles to the edge of the fairway a 5 wood or 3 iron can make for a nice recovery shot (boy do I have some experience at that).

I also found a 3 iron very good for hitting out of trees, use it off the back foot to keep it very low (again, more than a little bit of practice).

I'll be there, might even be able to drag myself out of the members to say g'day :cool:
Cool cool.

Here's a little side fact- partly due to cost, partly due to timing and partly due to curiosity's sake- I'm flying back from Adelaide to Melbourne, but I'm catching the Overland train over.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back